Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

This would be a couple orders of magnitude cooler if it wasn't murder technology specifically designed to make wars of aggression and killing of poor people politically easier to sell to the electorate. Like, when I see Japan present a robot that can lift grandma 10% faster that's kinda cool. This is just plain depressing and creepy.
dont worry it wont come to that

because trump buried reporting on drone strikes so we can just do that all day every day now and its not even a thought in peoples heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The last thing we'll see when the robot revolution comes.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
look at the uh "dog" bot front right leg at 1:18. think theres an animation fuckup
also the bot movement in general just always stops much less of a subtle shake like the same bots before

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 31, 2020

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

legged military robots might be coming sooner than most people think, although the penny pinching brass have chosen to go with a much cheaper option than Boston Dynamics (and hence, less effective at dancing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dvqj2JzRVA

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont want my tax dollars supporting backwards-knee tech

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

If they can move like this, then why do the videos of the dog bots patrolling parks etc make them look way clumsier and more unnatural?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Squalid posted:

legged military robots might be coming sooner than most people think, although the penny pinching brass have chosen to go with a much cheaper option than Boston Dynamics (and hence, less effective at dancing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dvqj2JzRVA

lol how you gonna cheap out when the govt keeps giving you unlimited money

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Enfys posted:

If they can move like this, then why do the videos of the dog bots patrolling parks etc make them look way clumsier and more unnatural?

They're on perfectly flat ground in the video, running a fixed routine

E - my bad, thought you meant the boston dynamics dancing bots

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
We are dangerously close to pusher and shover robots becoming a reality.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm glad that the US Military is researching even more expensive and impractical ways to kill people

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
future wars will be fought with sick dance moves

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You just got servo’d

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

you can tell it's fake because the robots aren't being bullied

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Call Your Grandma posted:

you can tell it's fake because the robots aren't being bullied

being forced to dance in dorky YT videos is a form of bullying

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Robo Reagan posted:

lol how you gonna cheap out when the govt keeps giving you unlimited money

A lot of that money just goes into the bank account of the guy who's friends with the politician that picks who gets the contract.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It works so well with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2DjyvoTDUE

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I doesn't really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Isn’t Boston Dynamics the company that’s so unsuccessful they tried to sell useless robot dogs to rich idiots with an interface so complicated that only an engineer could even begin to understand it? Hire me as CEO, I’ll slap some turrets and rocket launchers onto these bad boys and makes some serious money!