Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Yes, I am still using Windows 7, and yes I am aware that I will be forced to change sooner rather than later.

Recently I have purchased two different tiny USB Bluetooth dongles for my Win 7 x64 desktop (this is built-in on my Win10 laptop), but neither has worked for poo poo despite no installation mistakes on my part that I know of. Am I doing something wrong, looking for adapters in the wrong place or is it just not something I can add to Win 7? It would be nice to have this capability on my often-used desktop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This never got a reply so it's probably moot, but I have always had success with these:

https://www.iogear.com/product/GBU521/

Used them on Windows 7, Windows 10, and Linux without more than the usual headaches with Bluetooth. Currently using one on my secondary desktop, and had been using one on my primary desktop until I went with a PCIe wifi/Bluetooth combo.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This never got a reply so it's probably moot, but I have always had success with these:

https://www.iogear.com/product/GBU521/

Used them on Windows 7, Windows 10, and Linux without more than the usual headaches with Bluetooth. Currently using one on my secondary desktop, and had been using one on my primary desktop until I went with a PCIe wifi/Bluetooth combo.

Thank you, that's very kind. I have tried several others with no luck so far.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The microsoft standard bluetooth stack, used by most generic bluetooth USB adapters, sucked goat balls until they did major work on it circa Windows 8.1 & 10.

Now it's pretty good (ie they still sometimes won't connect until you turn something off and on again, but that's bluetooth everywhere).

So yes you should update your OS.