Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

bible's pretty clear on witchcraft, unless youre a unitarian

yeah not all magic is biblically witchcraft tho. you aren't supposed to do necromancy and some other things but there is stuff still left on the table despite the protestant orthodoxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm still waiting to find out which magic is okay in the Bible, Jazerus??? It says no Necromancy (life, death, spirits) Divination (fortune telling, hindsight, insight, spirits) Enchantment (basically every other kind of spell-casting. Spirits) so which ones are okay for Christians to practice. Specifically :thunk:

i don't know but there are folks running around in the background of the old testament who are apparently not doing necromancy, divination, or enchantment but are doing magic and they're the ones that are ok. i'm not a witchcraft scholar so i might be wrong

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

9/11 presented unique challenges to white wolf

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

closing this thread until wizard wednesday (unless i forget)

wizard supremacist vibes. Concerning

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

everyone forgets about the ligmabus

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

sweat of the horus-bull gives you wings

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ohtori Akio posted:

i remarked to a good friend the other day that we might spend less time chewing on the ideas if Christ had done more chewing for us

i don't think that jesus meant to die when and where he did at all. the word is incomplete for better or for worse

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ohtori Akio posted:

now thats a heresy ive never seen before lol

it's fairly obvious in the synoptic gospels imo. for whatever reason the idea that jesus meant to die exactly when he did is pervasive but the synoptics make it pretty clear that he was taken off-guard by the arrest and execution. if that's the case then there's no way he didn't plan to keep going right? the trip to jerusalem was a field trip and after he would have gone back to galilee to keep up the usual shenanigans. so not all of his thoughts made it out into the world. i don't think it's something christians particularly like to think about for whatever reason but any time someone dies by sudden violence there's poo poo left unsaid and undone

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

sure but i'm not a christian and not viewing it through that lens. the death is the central event of the theology - but how could it be anything but a premature end to what the man, jesus, planned to do and say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

i was mixing it up w the falcon flyer because a man named captain falcon who uses the falcon flyer to transport the blue falcon to places he can use his falcon punch against blood falcon is too much falconry for my brain to reliäbly sort

this is a clear demonstration of your spiritual weakness