Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

staticman posted:

You know what these savages did to the native americans from centuries ago to this very day? Magic is real, I'm done caring about people seeing me as crazy, their guns will be as useful as arrows to a tank when our time comes, and it shall. What they did will happen to them, tenfold.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

staticman posted:

Call me crazy but I got from trusted sources some good news and bad news:

Good news: You puny humans didn't kill Gaia, she's currently in hospice in a planet impossibly out of reach to the demon cracker christcult, no matter their material tech.

Bad news: In a taste of your own hairless monkey medicine, y'all got an Interim Spirit ruling the planet! Aaand she's beyond pissed at Christendom and it's savages! She's gonna force y'all to take up mutual aid and community defense against literal creatures of the night you thought "supernatural". Oh and along with the usual climate disasters.:shrug:

I highly recommend not attempt even ironic hexes on Gaia, it'll go far worse than the babby witch hexes of on the moon, this is no longer a game.:stare:

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 02:19 on Dec 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
earthcow no

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

staticman posted:

I'm the imaginationless tankies who are literally just like the fash who think humans will eternally be feckless cowards trapped in an apelike prison called the human body and will be easy pickings for those who finally evolve.

staticman posted:

lol at anyone, liberal or tankie alike who isn't making a bug-out bag in the vain attempt to try to survive the coming supernatural apocalypse.

staticman posted:

https://itsgoingdown.org/denver-man-not-charged-after-stabbing/

Long ago, power came from the tip of a sword, today it comes from the barrel of a gun.

I'm not kidding when I say that we're single digit years away from power coming from the tip of a wand.

When that day comes, make no excuses for the terror. :d2a:

ah, the shadowrun timeline

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

my bony fealty posted:

tankie is a word imbued with magic power. say it out loud, feel the power. a word of power - tankie.

taco bell wrappers and empty dew cans begin shaking and slowly floating around me as i bow my head and begin posting about those tankies on the something awful forums

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

a helpful bear posted:

someone please trick me into believing in magic

I love any media, no matter how trashy (from supernatural to x files) on the occult

do you know who else believed in magic? that's right

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
they wanted to find and weaponize santa clause

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

yellowcar posted:

alchemy gave us the discovery of phosphorous in which a guy was boiling vats of piss until it glowed in the dark

in short, dudes rock

you hafta age the piss first iirc

so he collected a bunch for later use and then hey presto

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

blatman posted:

cleric - ned flanders

incorrect, the cleric is reverend lovejoy

ol neddily ned is a paladin

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
power word: vote

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i know a grown woman who believes in faeries

she's a teacher

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
women are hilarious

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I finally allowed myself to shuffle my tarot deck in a manner that allows for reversed cards (for the first time since I got them like three years ago) and the spread I did for myself just now was all reversed and it's extremely challenging and indicative of a bunch of things I've been feeling lately.

why this poo poo gotta be so Real, immediately after I wrote in my journal "ok I'm doing this even though it is making me feel anxious because I want to allow myself to be emotionally messy"

I'm like well drat you got me.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

blatman posted:

i talk a lotta poo poo but my last tarot reading was accurate enough to give me pause, i dont know how this stuff works but we apparently live in a much weirder world than i thought

no you're just gullible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Can AI do magic?

If someone trained a state of the art artificial intelligence on all the magical texts and theory they could find, what would happen

I feel like this could be an exciting way to combine potential dystopian futures

do you believe in magic