Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you looking forward to in 2021?
This poll is closed.
More Bowesette 86 29.76%
This poll being modified by the mods 23 7.96%
game industry unionizing 80 27.68%
less open world AAA games 21 7.27%
being one of cheetah's little pogchamps 1 0.35%
78 26.99%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

homeless snail posted:

this is the fake chat thread

chat thread in avignon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

Hello I am from the far flung future of 2021, and I can tell you that Bowsette is somehow even hornier.

Horny is the future

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Happy to announce that next year is 2020 Royal Golden Edition. It's this year again, but there's a new character in September and also we added a new ending.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Walla posted:

Post your birthday. Mine's the third.

mine is tomorrow!! ok so I guess that means you have to be nice to me for 2 days then the birthday month energy moves on to Walla

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oh gently caress hitman is out soon

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Walla posted:

Sorry about your video game. That series deserved better.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

chat thread in avignon

Avignon is probably a very nice place

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Relax Or DIE posted:

mine is tomorrow!! ok so I guess that means you have to be nice to me for 2 days then the birthday month energy moves on to Walla

Mines the 31st. That's what us gamers call min-maxing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Voting Bowsette before it’s even officially 2021

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Which is worse, a December birthday or January?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Heaven's Vault releases for the Switch this month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6C08QCP3ZQ

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My bday is December 27 and while I get comments like “aww that must be tough” it really isn’t, why would it be, who cares, gently caress you

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

My bday is December 27 and while I get comments like “aww that must be tough” it really isn’t, why would it be, who cares, gently caress you

Aww that must be tough to get those comments

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

happy belated JR, seems tough

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

My birthday is Dec 20. As a kid my parents were really good at making sure I had separate presents for birthday vs. Christmas, even if it was just something small, and made a point of celebrating my birthday separate from any Christmas stuff rather than rolling events together.

As a teen I realised the value of combining my birthday and Christmas presents to allow that present to be a console which there's no way I'd have been able to afford otherwise.

As an adult I don't really give a poo poo other than having to give people a good two months notice to come out and do anything for it so they keep somewhere around the day free and even then just accept that half of them will cancel because everyone is super busy in the lead up to Christmas.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Happy to announce that next year is 2020 Royal Golden Edition. It's this year again, but there's a new character in September and also we added a new ending.

wow great, yet another opportunity to address the conservative mean spirited writing passes us by like dust in the wind...

Palpek posted:

oh nice! i was eyeing this as a hopeful outer wilds-like and a switch version is more enticing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i beat the main campaign of baba is you to close out the year. actually i'm gonna play frog detective 2 next so that'll be another completion to sneak in.. if i can beat another game after that today then that'll finish 2020 with a round 220 games which would be neat i think

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Walla posted:

happy birthday!!

Relax Or DIE posted:

happy birthday!!!!

MMF Freeway posted:

Mines the 31st. That's what us gamers call min-maxing

happy birthday!!!!!!

Jay Rust posted:

happy birthday!!!!!!!!

Mode 7 posted:

My birthday is Dec 20. As a kid my parents were really good at making sure I had separate presents for birthday vs. Christmas, even if it was just something small, and made a point of celebrating my birthday separate from any Christmas stuff rather than rolling events together.

As a teen I realised the value of combining my birthday and Christmas presents to allow that present to be a console which there's no way I'd have been able to afford otherwise.

As an adult I don't really give a poo poo other than having to give people a good two months notice to come out and do anything for it so they keep somewhere around the day free and even then just accept that half of them will cancel because everyone is super busy in the lead up to Christmas.

happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

happy birthday birdthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 31, 2020

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*me looking at the clock on the wall that reads 7:30pm. Then looking at my bee calendar that says December the 31st. Then looking at the title of this chat thread*

Sorry what?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I used a VPN to unlock the new year early.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Walla posted:

Which is worse, a December birthday or January?

December. You get the worst combo gift shenanigans, and also you're the smallest kid in school and sports. January kids at least get the growth head start.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

January 2020 Chat Thread: There Is No Escape

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

*me looking at the clock on the wall that reads 7:30pm. Then looking at my bee calendar that says December the 31st. Then looking at the title of this chat thread*

Sorry what?

Your subordinates are monsters

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
This is the honeypot chat thread, a CIA counter-gamer op and posting here means you're on the list of to-be-detained gamers. I understand the risks I am taking by posting here myself, but if no one else will stand up for the gamers, I will, and also I wrote this post by holding my cats paws up to the keyboard and typing with them so I don't think they can track me.

May 8, 2006

my parents did an good job keeping my birthday and christmas separate events until my late teens, when they decided i shouldn't care anymore. These days they usually remember it, at least within a few days.

It's not really a big deal but, and maybe it's different for other holidays-birthday-havers, you end up in the position where people make normal holiday plans, remember your birthday, and will sometimes try to fold it into their existing plans which never works but is a nice gesture

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
May is the ideal birthday month, no one can dispute this

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Relax Or DIE posted:

my parents did an good job keeping my birthday and christmas separate events until my late teens, when they decided i shouldn't care anymore. These days they usually remember it, at least within a few days.

It's not really a big deal but, and maybe it's different for other holidays-birthday-havers, you end up in the position where people make normal holiday plans, remember your birthday, and will sometimes try to fold it into their existing plans which never works but is a nice gesture

My parents never gave a poo poo. My birthday gifts always went under the tree. Dec 18 birthday.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

At the recommendation of one poster “Sex Rex” I bought Disc Room last night and finished it this morning. Great loving game that is very tightly designed around its mechanics with a difficult but satisfying final boss.

(I’ll update the spreadsheet later and repost it for the new thread, now I’m two in the hole. Worth it)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

May is the ideal birthday month, no one can dispute this
:yeah:

perfect weather

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Honestly at this point my most looked-forward-to games of 2021 are Nier Remake and Rune Factory 5. RF4 is maybe the most criminally underappreciated game of all time and is in my mind miles better than Stardew Valley just because it's got everything that game has but four times as much, plus all of the things it doesn't have

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

haveblue posted:

Voting Bowsette before it’s even officially 2021

Vote early and often.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Propaganda Hour posted:

My parents never gave a poo poo. My birthday gifts always went under the tree. Dec 18 birthday.

That's poo poo.

My son is December 12. We made it a rule that he gets one big gift on his birthday. This year's was a laptop.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

I haven't even played the dlc maps for hitman 2 yet....

I have good news regarding the availability of past Hitman maps in Hitman 3!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Looper posted:

oh nice! i was eyeing this as a hopeful outer wilds-like and a switch version is more enticing
Yeah, I keep rebuying certain PC games for Switch Lite and enjoying them a lot, it's a more leisury experience.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Sorry what?

I broke the spacetime continuum

because I have Gone Rogue and am A Renegade

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Harrow posted:

I broke the spacetime continuum

because I have Gone Rogue and am A Renegade

Ah cripes the Harrow AI is going to cascade

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
2020 sucks and I'm glad the chat thread it's dead.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love having wildcards on the team :D !

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Palpek posted:

First I heard of this but hell yes I want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's not january yet for me but happy 2021 to those in the future