Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

merry new year everyone except *rolls dice* that poster who wants to shag Brenda

you know who you are

thanks for reminding me about the field I lost my job in as the new year starts you fuckr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Niric posted:

I heard there are some, uh, interesting positions in this field being opened up in 2021

honestly I'm hoping to use ties to further my music career

the inventor of autotune was in a similar position and I hope to copy their success despite being many times less talented

not as untalented as the people who use autotune tho [absorbs negative responses to gain strength]

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BLM protests were largely not covid superspreader events because THEY HAPPENED OUTDOORS. Catching covid outside has, albeit via very limited data, been shown to be way less dangerous if you even are unlucky enough to catch it in the open air.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

The obvious implication of your idiot point is that everyone who had to say goodbye to a dying loved one over an ipad this year should have just nipped outside for a bit? How cruel of those nurses not to allow that obvious solution. Outdoor raves, shooting events, dogging presumably, THEY HAPPEN OUTDOORS it's fine.

Gosh you are so loving wise.

I'm just going to quote this and wait for you to presumably sober up.

Something taking place outdoors doesn't mean you're safe; being infected and walking up to someone and coughing up their nose will obviously infect, regardless of the number of walls.

Potentially being infected and wearing a mask (like everyone* in the BLM protests did) means what the combined safety measures made it safe enough to not contribute to America's uncontrolled spread.

*excluding the tiny minority who can go gently caress themselves

My post wasn't saying that being (black) outdoors was the single factor, but that being outside while following actual health measures helps multiply the ways to not die.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Given I've lost friends and family to this disease I had to revise my last post many times to not just tell you to go gently caress yourself. You're still a piece of poo poo for replying like that rather than asking for me to clarify what I meant.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If people travelled to India to see the Taj Mahal and just found one giant wind turbine there instead they'd probably be massively pissed.

What I'm saying is, goon project?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"Why are you so obsessed with me" I scream at the person I blocked for pointing out I'm dumb as poo poo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I like how this proves that certain journalists just get into it because they want their opinions to be absorbed passively and uncritically, and god forbid that one passes your thoughts on along with something as gauche as commentary.

The free marketplace of ideas is meant only for those of us with expensive enough opinions to afford the podium.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

Lmao how did I not know he voted for Boris. I just assumed it would be the lib Dems

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1354456298482524162?s=19

btw this was him voting johnson for london mayor, because back then he was a right-wing paper journo with reactionary views who shifted towards being a Labour-leaner who just needed to criticise the left whenever they tried to be in power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

that's not defending him, just pointing out that he's been a prick for a good 16+ years