Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have a package that got lost for three days in Europe, then turned up in Kent and has sat there for three days, so I'm getting an exciting look at how the queues are doing down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Shout-out to no-one in government or media doing anything to stop "children don't get covid symptoms" being interpreted as "children don't get covid" or even attempting to encourage children to wear masks. I have seen a couple of kids wearing masks around here, but otherwise not one child at the nearby school or around the neighborhood, even up to college/sixth form age has been wearing one, nor their parents, nor when they get on public transport. They seem to literally believe that they are completely exempt. I wonder if the dire news from the hospitals will spook people into doing what nobody in the public sphere has even attempted to encourage them to do.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The disease was always being transmitted by children, there was never an acceptable reason to allow them to spread it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Borrovan posted:

PS happy-within-realistic-parameters new year, thread, I hope you all at least found solace in something over the last few weeks. I found a banging chocolate orange trifle recipe for anyone that wants it.

God drat it, I thought I'd finally found a use for the five chocolate oranges my parents foisted on me, and it doesn't use actual orange chocolate. :gonk:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Also, what is the government's plan if overseas businesses don't bother collecting fees and just pocket the cash?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I liked Friday Night Dinner, except the final season where it had very clearly run its course, but I really recognised the kind of people it was caricaturing, especially the dad.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I like cringe comedy, but The Nightman Cometh tested me. It is toe-curlingly embarrassing, an absolute masterpiece of cringe.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Get your bingo cards ready for tonight, I'm going to take a shot when Boris says "work from home if you can".

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Whether or not they're beautiful, wind turbines look better than traditional power stations by quite a margin, and unfortunately we've got to have something blotting the landscape.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

the one where the four things literally spelled out Player Unknown's Battle Grounds?

And they still didn't get it? Only Connect players really are the worst.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So, America's getting pretty bad, huh. Maybe some of these dense motherfuckers are finally realising what they've unleashed.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I like coffee enough that I'll probably get a Nespresso machine or similar at some point, but not enough that I could even begin to be hosed with a proper machine or timings or whatever. I think that's down to laziness more than taste though.

Couldn't begin to differentiate different bean types or anything like that, but it's incredibly easy to tell if they're relatively fresh or stale as year old bread by smell, and that's as far as I care.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I wonder if Priti Patel actually has the capacity to enjoy anything, other than the screams of the tortured humans souls that she left behind in hell.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Well who could have foreseen this.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Parler is to Twitter what 8chan is to 4chan. It exists purely as a platform for people too grotesque and evil for the regular platform, and anyone who is willing to attach their personal details to it is a piece of poo poo who deserves to be hosed over pretty much by definition, and any exceptions would need an extraordinarily unlikely reason to be there.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Tbf we're still vaccinating the elderly, and 8pm is well past their bedtime.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You can definitely eat sex workers, but they'll charge much more than £30.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I was saying to my parents that a proper lockdown should include food deliveries by the state, but after this I think I'd rather take my chances with covid in the supermarket.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

UK deaths top 100,000

Weren't we at 60,000, like, last week? It feels like last week.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Could we follow up the Keithbot from the podcast with a full deepfake op-ed writer? The goal is to get a regular column in the Guardian. I reckon you could do it within four months.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The medic's rapid fire needle gun would come in pretty handy right now, we'd have the covid vaccinations done in no time.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh, I thought you meant the cake.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There must be a Ricicles knock-off somewhere. Tell me there is. :(

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

NoneMoreNegative posted:

"We celebrated the Brexit deal with champagne over Christmas but when we woke up and realised that this car crash was happening, we thought, oh my God!"

If you don't think that's prime "You broke it, you bought it" then IDK what to say.

Or he was really worried about the effects of a no deal Brexit on his business and thought things were going to be somewhat okay when a deal was signed at the last minute. It doesn't say how or why he voted.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Camrath posted:

Three or four inches here, and still going.

Remember to see a doctor if it lasts over two hours.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

CoolCab posted:

don't even get me loving started on beans

Okay, now this is just loving madness.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Camrath posted:

Hot dogs are better as they don’t make your piss stink.

(I actually love me some asparagus, but yeah)

It's fascinating, because it takes literal minutes to happen. You can sit down, eat dinner, then immediately take a whizz and make the bathroom stink like vegetables that have been cooked for three hours. No idea how the human body works that fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Since you'll be paying for the whole phone, literally anywhere.

Unless you mean second hand, then I guess Cex?