Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guavanaut posted:

Because if you have 1 thing and take away 2, you have -1 things, and add 4 you get 3, or more intuitively if you have 1 thing and add 4 you have 5, then take away 2 you have 3. Or 4 things and take away 2 you have 2 and add 1 you have 3. It works whatever order you put them in, which you have to assume is the case without any brackets.

1 - (2 + 4) would get you -5.

for FUCKS sake stop messsing me about. it is 3 isn't it !?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

is everyone excited for clap-clap time??????????????

both my sister and my bro-in-law work for the nhs so I am wary about taking the piss out of this. but at the same time tho ( and I have talked to my sis about this) what they want is better hours/pay.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beefeater1980 posted:

One of the great pleasures of our current turbulent times has been watching centrists gradually radicalise:

My parents always used to vote tory. since brexit, my mum has been 'radicalised'. she voted lib-dem in 2019 n if i had to put money on it, i think she will vote for the starmer egg-man in 2024.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
According to the BBC, schools will have the option to offer vouchers from next week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55641740

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On a personal level, codeine is how WhatEvil describes it. just loving lovely.

On a more general level, my grand-dad was from cork, so i think I can apply for an IE/EUpassport if i can find the right paperwork

on a ScotPol level, i am glad it gets posted itt, but at the same time tho i hate the smug loving snp voters, saying any day we will get independence (although i understand it).

you were lied to in the last referendum. "the only chance to remain in the EU is with the UK". get over it. every voter is lied to. That is why england votes tory.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

and to contribute belatedly to the drugs chat there i have only ever done alcohol (in the form of ale and very occasionally wine) and i had morphine for the first time last March when i had to gan till A&E with a prolapsed lumbar disc and it made the waiting room i had spend 2 hours in prior very much more hospitable of a place and it took on a pink and peach hue and became very much warmer and suddenly very welcoming and fuzzy

Got any Morphine pills left??? pm me

I remember being on zomorph and oromorph after the last op. The oromorph the nurse would give you then gently caress off. The slow-release zomorph pill, she made sure u swallowed it before leaving.

My dad has i think all the paperwork i need for an ie passport. just need to set the wheels in motion.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

You should be entitled to Irish citizenship, mate, i sent you the forms there

cheers mate, have pm'ed you

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean there's also the fact that this is the UKMT, and Scotland is part of the UK.

Most of the time when the diversions go north of the border, it's because someone discusses something Labour should do, the scots emerge to point out how it won't work because of Scottish issues, one particular group of posters gets pissy and tells them to shut up, someone calls someone else racist, and we end up not discussing the issues facing just under a third of the landmass we live on.

I'm English by the way but I don't get the scotpol hate.

Then the population of london is more important than the whole of scotchland.

Don't give me wrong, they gave alot to picnic eggs.

But as a region to listen to, they're less than london.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OwlFancier posted:

(I think the point is there are people in the UK who are on a different landmass)

Does that matter. I could point the the geological mass od 'scotland' it will fix nothing.

Whatever the highland and edinburgh is is nothing.

For all intentsnts- and -purpurposes. we will drag you down.
we will make you hurt.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OwlFancier posted:

(I think the point is there are people in the UK who are on a different landmass)

lol no. you are coming with us.

we will swalloy you whole.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What I don't get is why modern teenagers still seem to think it makes them look big to smoke cigs when every adult I know who smokes wishes they didn't. When the schools were open, there were great gangs of them under the nearby underpass puffing away, not even vaping, and there's usually a gaggle of them round the entrance to Home Bargains puffing away.

It might be partly trying to look cool or adult-like, but the kids I knew in my school years who smoked cigs got addicted to nicotine through smoking weed or hash.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gort posted:

Where is this utopia where weed's easier to get than cigarettes

I think pretty much everywhere. (for an under 18). Dont know havent smoked the stuff for a while now. No weed dealer will ID you if you have the money, but I have been refused tobacco sales many times cause I looked underage and did not have id on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: whoosh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 1, 2021