Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
If anyone's looking for a bit of cheering up, I've been pleasantly surprised by Alexi Sayle's podcast:

https://audioboom.com/channels/5038428

As one of the last proper lefty comedians it's a joy he has taken to the medium: I find him very easy to listen to, and while he spends a lot of time making GBS threads hard on labour but has quite an upbeat tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Also gently caress cafe nero, their coffee is trash

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

The pole is less shocking than the price.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1351302000240160768

Kieth's hosed it

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

WhatEvil posted:

Kelloggs Start were absolute top tier cereal. They were marketed as a healthy cereal 'cause they were made with whole grain but they were coated in a sugary shell, but not so thick etc. as to make them too sickly sweet.

Sadly they discontinued them in 2018, which probably makes sense because nobody I ever mentioned them too had tried them.

They were my cereal of choice as a young 'un when on holiday, which was the only time my parents would let me near the more obviously sweetened cereal varieties. Disagree on the not so thick as to make them too sickly: I remember 'em being pretty heavily coated. Still delicious though.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
petition to rename HR to 'meat assets'

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Ms Adequate posted:

Honesty there are two Twitters - the political one where the conservatives go mask off, the liberals post exceedingly hot takes, and the left shitposts; and the Twitter for whatever fandom you're in, which could be anything from a specific video games from 1996 to trains to lady's feet to Magical Girl anime.

There's also 'work twitter' which is irredeemably poo poo, and typically contains a selection of the most awful and unsolicited opinions rt'd from political twitter by your colleagues. e: what big scary monsters said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/31/the-guardian-view-on-labours-advance-halted-but-not-reversed

This is interesting. On the mobile app the comments shown are three in praise of starmer. If I select 'see more' the top three are disparaging of him and have more upvotes. I note comments are now closed. Can anyone else check this? It may be a coincidence but given the detachment from reality shown in the editorial I'm not sure.

E: looks like the comments shown initially are most recent, and clicking through leads to top rated. Interesting choice to close comments and leave them chronologically :thunk:

StarkingBarfish fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 1, 2021