Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
That sure is an Oprah caricature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Of course I just realized the author's name in this terrible and interminable Rex Morgan storyline is an anagram of Dav Pilkey, the guy who does Captain Underpants and Dogman and other goofy children's books

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Hostile V posted:

I had a thing I wanted to say about Holbrook and realized it was too long and I guess it boils down to, it sucks that he thinks this was Good Enough to use as a jumping off metaphor point for the rest of the comic where Angelique is technically some kind of gender traitor who doesn't "commit" like Bruno does to it (she uses pheromones only, really) and wants to kill everyone she used to be in order to feed the capitalist beast. Also the fact that, like, this metaphor really doesn't map well because it feels way more transgenic than transgender because so far in K&K diets don't feel culturally gendered, but species have X Does Y Thing baked into them? I hate his metaphors and lack thereof.

Don't forget that later on they terrorize Angelique by putting her in a situation where she's detransitioned and this is presented as a good and heroic thing to do.

EDIT:
I actually found the storyline and they forcibly detransition her and then pretend to be predators out to eat her until a real predator breaks in and legit attempts to eat her. All to "teach her a lesson".

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 22, 2021

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Las Vislumbrantes Aventuras de Ambrosio el Pelele Tristón y Su Sorprendente Esposa Cancerígena Anastasia

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So like, if I were a person dating another person who has a history of being a volatile alcoholic with incredibly poor decision making skills and said person started threatening my pet I would just cut my losses and dump the stupid dangerous idiot before he legitimately wrung my cherished animal's neck.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

If tomorrow's strip isn't what'sherface going I'm not choosing you over the cat I'm breaking up with you because you are an aggressive, explosive idiot who goes violent when something slightly inconveniences you and the cat just helped me see that then what the hell are you doing Mary Worth writer.
Like remember when he drunkenly paraded Estelle in front of his ex that he dumped for a hotter girl that was very obviously running a scam on him and all the doormat did was tell him to please not do that again? Why are we supposed to like Wilbur?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I too hope this Luann chooses the Rex Morgan Option, but the one that ends with someone getting a nailgun to the forehead.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yes Pastis, that's totally how the two parties, one of which is utterly incompetent and hates governing, and the other which is actively hostile to all life on Earth, work together, they are the exact same.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Stuff like this always baffles me, schools doing things that make no sense like this. If a school lets off early because of an emergency does little Billy just show up unannounced at the front door? Aren't calls made and texts sent and busses notified?
It's like how in a lot of movies and TV shows and comic strips kids are getting the big summer project. What school does that? Nobody wants to deal with a project that takes all summer. Or when summer ends they go back to the same classroom with the same teacher. Presumably these kids moved up on to the next grade? Did schools really work this way when these boomer rear end writers were kids?

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 16, 2021

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I low key believe that Arlo and Janis is bar none the best comic strip posted in this thread about a dead art in a dead medium.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

riderchop posted:

I thought about picking this one up but it made me mad

It's been posted before but whoever was doing it stopped because the concept of a strip where a rich adult works as a school janitor to hang out with elementary school kids was just too disgusting in a primal way.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Hostile V posted:

Funny Online "Can't Believe the CIA Can't Handle Bad Vibes Despite Dishing Them Out Constantly"

I don't... I don't understand. KC Green used to be funny, what is this?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like the problem in Mary Worth isn't that Wilbur doesn't know how to take care of the dog. The problem is that Wilbur's a volatile alcoholic who has threatened to throttle an innocent animal if he doesn't get his way. How did the writer forget this?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Sally Forth sure does get a lot of mileage out of claiming the Forths are wacky and off kilter but doesn't actually bother showing them do anything wacky or off kilter except having the neighbors say the Forths sure are wacky and off kilter.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

What, do you read every 30th comic?

The last wacky thing I remember them doing was the whole hamburger thing which was what, last year and before that was the werewolf statue thing which was like, three years ago

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Jesus Christ Olivia James come up with a new way to do Nancy jokes already we loving get it, first two panels a character says something and final panel is the character inner monologuing something or doing something to reinforce the point or actually completely oppose it, it's the same poo poo every day.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

So Luann brings an unannounced, uninvited, unapproved guest armed with a bow and arrow to a kindergarten class and thinks that she just gets to walk out with no repercussions? I mean I don't think arrests are gonna be made but she should at least talk to the squad car that no doubt would be called.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

It's a Halloween miracle! We get two Junk Drawers this week!

I lol'd

I checked the Sunday Luann because it's Halloween and I thought there might be a chance there'd be something worth posting, but there wasn't. Nobody's even wearing a costume in their Halloween strip. Team Evans can make even Halloween boring.

How on earth? You have a guy who is skilled at sowing costumes, a lady who loves cosplay, and the main character works in a daycare. How do they gently caress up not having characters dressed up?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I don't understand what the Mary Worth writer is going for here. Here we have the story of this oaf that started with him threatening to kill his girlfriend's pet. Then the girlfriend is like we need to take a small break here and he interprets this as her breaking up with him which she does not deny.
Then Wilbur goes to a pet store to get a dog to try to get back (?????) at his ex girlfriend and also to flirt with the attendant and of course he doesn't know poo poo about dogs and there's a couple of days of him screwing up with his pooch.
Then he meets this girl and they get off on a rocky start and a disastrous date because of course he's not over Estelle but she sees them together and actually gets jealous over it.
Afterwards he goes to see Estelle to maybe patch things up but nothing doing because of course things don't work that way when you're an explosive moron with zero impulse control.
Now when he finally goes to talk to that old biddy for the meddling denouement, the focus is on Wilbur being frustrated that his dog just doesn't seem to like him instead of any of the other aspects of his disastrous life. This storyline hasn't been boring at all because seeing Wilbur's life crumble in slow motion is very fun, but it feels like there's too many pots on this stove and things need to focus a little bit more.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Mary Worth has been an absolute roller coaster. How will this play out? Will Wilbur make an absolute rear end out of himself? Will Estelle realize she misses him too much? Will they exchange polite greetings and let each other move on? Edge of my seat here.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Jesus loving Christ is the Funkiverse really that loving miserable that even fortune cookies lack a fortune jeez just end it already

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
See, Mary Worth would've been a million times more satisfying if Estelle had sang any other song as a sign that she wasn't playing into Wilbur's stupid little game and she wasn't even bothering to think about him.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The last thing I want to imagine is Estelle having to wash any of Wilbur's off of her hair

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Such is the tragedy of pets, you love them and they love you but unless it's a turtle or one of those birds that live a century you will always see them buried before you

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I will flip out in glee if tomorrow reveals the veterinarian there with the implication he spent the night over

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Huxley posted:

Dustin: "I hope you die."

The Lockhorns: "I hope we both die."

Arlo and Janis: "I hope when we die they bury us in the same coffin face to crotch so we can 69 through eternity."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Crab Dad posted:

The proper thing to do would be look away and say an audible “Nice”. And then apologize as you exit.

Everyone loves a compliment!

Or you know not follow the obviously embarrassed nude woman to her room bringing along a slack jawed pervert

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You're loving up Mary Worth writer. You're loving up deep. You've proven too well Wilbur is an unlovable loser. The only way you can salvage this is if you make it text that Estelle is also a deeply moronic person who also makes the stupidest decisions ever by getting together again with this oaf.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

How DARE you pervert Ghostbusters like this, Holbrook, you insipid hack.

Ghostbusters perverted itself anyway

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Holbrook writes about the truest human condition: you live in a hellworld but you found yourself a little niche where you don't have to eat that much poo poo so gently caress everyone around you because gently caress you got mine

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I am tremendously disappointed in you Mary Worth comic

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
No, no that isn’t how the internet works Kyle Divpa. You just painted an even more gigantic target on a nine year old girl you massive dipshit

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Plus if anything he ever wrote resembles even slightly something a fan sent him previously he just opened himself up to so much litigation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Skelley's loving lucky Dustin's horrid-rear end sister will forever be in high school because that fucker will never have to write about the reality of over-educated people crashing even worse than regular people on the job market