Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ikanreed posted:

I can't even tell what's going on in this one.
He's sharpening the (typically mostly-decorative) spikes on the fence with a rasp/file.

e: :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is full of poo poo.

The classic office plan: a single desk in a 600sqft room. I know the nature of the joke required the ability to see plenty of bags of fertilizer, but they didn't even try to have a plausible office setup for the joke.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

Better than even odds I'll be upset by the answer, but (1) what is Roger, (2) what's their deal? Is there a person inside that meaningless colored grid?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Some Guy TT posted:

That doesn't sound like much of a prank. Why would you want your substitute to think you're incompetent? Also why would you want someone else touching your instrument, especially the ones that involve using your lips?
When I was in middle/high school orchestra, my friends and I did try each other's instruments, including woodwinds and brass. It varied based on the instrument and who owned the instrument, but it was a mix of curiosity about other instruments and clumsy orchestral flirting. That said, I would've never actually lent my instrument to someone when I couldn't monitor it — instruments are fragile as hell and routinely cost over a thousand dollars. e: this has a corollary where I would never even consider borrowing a friend's instrument if they weren't watching me like a hawk

I don't remember ever having a substitute, although I did end up at various county/state level competitions with people from my school. Swapping instruments to look incompetent would have been break-even for the worst people in my school's orchestra and embarrassing for the best. I don't think the idea ever crossed our collective minds.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 16, 2021

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is it intentionally stupid poses?
:wom:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

riderchop posted:

fully expect the next week to not talk about this, like any good Luann story
What's the sample size here? Zero?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there anything I could say about this that hasn't already been said? gently caress off, Dustin's dad. Piece of poo poo.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So shortly after Rudy outing someone as a metaphorical minority (and it being portrayed as a good thing), we're about to having someone out R.L. for miscegenation in a world that frowns at it (I guess? I can't keep straight what inane metaphor is which) and it's probably going to be portrayed as a "haha, gotcha" thing. Maybe it's unfair to assume the worst when I haven't seen the next few strips yet, but it's incredible how little Holbrook thinks about the implications of his comic.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 27, 2021

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

I feel like there's an interesting story in the premise of two people effectively raising each other via time travel, but I don't trust Holbrook to write it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

e: this is just a parsnip with eyes and ears, huh

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 8, 2021