Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ukonvasara posted:

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True (February 21, 1918)
:smith:

Ah well, no unstoppable source of vigilante justice is perfect.
I just want to mention that when True refers to 'beating and tarring and feathering' here, he's referring to a specific incident that came to be known as the Tulsa Outrage, where 16 members of the IWW (plus one innocent bystander) were violently rounded up by the police from the local IWW headquarters and promptly charged and convicted of vagrancy. That night they found themselves being 'transferred' back to the IWW headquarters by police when they were 'ambushed' by a local KKK sect who then took custody of the unionists and drove them out of town where they were stripped naked, tied to a tree, then whipped before being famously tarred and feathered, and finally as they watched the KKK burn all of their clothing in a bonfire they were told to never return to town.
It's worth mentioning that this wasn't (primarily) because they were anarchists or unionists, but because the IWW was vocally opposed to the war. One of their members had already been lynched for his antiwar statements, and a further one hundred and sixty of them had received significant jail terms for conspiracy to hinder the draft and conspiracy to encourage desertion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Happy new year team! Better late than never.

Nekonaughey is the creation of prolific Japanese artist Q-rais. The titular cat is just an everyday cat struggling through modern. It has no set schedule so I only post it when there's a new one to translate. Occasionally I will translate and post the back catalogue as Classic Cat when it's a slow day at work.

Bogor is a New Zealand comic strip about a woodsman that I'm scanning from collections and posting because honestly it's getting close to completely unavailable - unless you arrange with a library to view their archive copies the only source is whatever collections you can find in a second-hand store because it hasn't been printed in over thirty years.
For the new year we're starting a new collection, so I'm going to timg the bumper images before the first strip.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is finally done with the repeats.
"some" being 200m+ Eastern Orthodox Christians who observe the 25th of December as according to the Julian calendar that was in use when the Council of Nicaea officially designated that day as Jesus' birthday. The date is still the same actual date as everyone else.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

To be fair, she was also a dog so that makes her like 80.

Nekonaughey

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft
yeah just a shame it's broken and nobody knows how to fix it. have a good presentation with with your unhackable paperweight.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That's how you deal with GIANT ENEMY CRAB

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

she just knows the fish isn't fresh

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Gnoman posted:

Were "egg timer" hourglasses a thing where this comic is from?
Yes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor is on top of things for once

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

She was probably just reminded of a dead husband by the suit in the shop window.

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True (March 9, 1918)
living for the early 1900s comic crossovers.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

catlord posted:

I mean, it's already come up a few times. Remember Edda's crush on the other dancer?
I remember her pretending her husband was her hulking gay friend during sex, and the husband pretending that he was the hulking gay friend during sex.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Pangolins don't have armour they just have a body covered in toenails.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

Everett True: due process is un-American
His entire being is war. This is a man who supports the Ku Klux Klan over anti-war protestors.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'll be surprised if her fur suit lasts the next update.

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nekonaughey

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mikl posted:

I forget, did she actually have sex with any of the boys she lusted after?
Axa was given the gift of the sword. The sword is good, but sex is evil for it makes new life to poison the earth with a plague of men.

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

hahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

lmao

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

sometimes you want to feel sexy, and sometimes there's a war on and you want to feel sexy without putting stress on the nation's supply of nylon because it's needed by paratroopers.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nekonaughey

Tōdaiji is an 8th century Buddhist temple complex whose features include a 16m tall statue of Buddha and the so-called "Buddha's nostril", a hole in one of the surrounding pillars which promises enlightenment in the next life should one be able to crawl through it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor drops a lore bomb

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

please refrain from erotic speculation about our characters

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Haifisch posted:

I like Footrot Flats(shocking as the guy who posts it, I know) but yeah, it gets old seeing the dog be Like That about Wal romancing women.
It's specifically Cheeky Hobson that the Dog doesn't like, not Wal dating in general.

Bogor

everyone still has pine trees (or simulacrums of) in the house, but the pōhutakawa is jokingly referred to as the nz xmas tree due to a november-january flowering time and red/green colouration

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I like this new running gag.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Slammy posted:

Oaky Doaks (August 5, 1935)
some saloon doors!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

no one understands the heartache,
nobody thinks to mock,
no one ever sees the tears,
when you're sleeping under a sweaty sock.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Qrais
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4592733037?psc=1&tag=lvdrfree-22&th=1&linkCode=osi

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bogor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's a sign that says "Do not read this sign" hth