Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Green Intern posted:

I'm reading it in Boris Karloff's voice and it's been great.

loving pro-tip right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Potsticker posted:

The Son is actually gay, obviously did not marry his childhood sweetheart as in the strip. The woman in question in real life died in a car crash and he was working as a photographer at the time and didn't realize she had died in a wreck that he took pictures of. It messed him up.

To add on to this one: Lynn recounted the car crash incident pretty much exactly the same in the strip but instead the woman lives, falls in love with Michael and then they have multiple children.

I can't remember exactly, but I think there was some other whitewashing of a real life situation with Elizabeth and Anthony as well.

BigDave posted:

I wanna say there was something about eating over a sink? But the many threads have become a blur to me.

It was from an interview she gave after her divorce.

quote:

Not that her ex-husband would have behaved that way, she hastens to point out, but still, she likes the simplicity of single life, the ease of "sink dinners".

"You stand over the sink and eat dinner. You eat a hard-boiled egg, a handful of lettuce and hey, there's no dishes."

Edit: Jeez, the car crash strips were a lot worse than I remembered:
April 27th 1996 - May 11th 1996

Spoilering this because JFC:

With this kind of heavy-handed and judgmental re-writing of history, it's no wonder her children don't want to talk to her.

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 6, 2021

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
I mean, there's only two groups of pirates anyways, so if your poo poo gets stolen it's not like the case will be hard to crack.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Charles Boyce is a goddamned genius

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Doomykins posted:

Jucika "29 - Jucika and Garbage in The Street"

"elmegyógyintézet=asylum/mental hospital"

We really live in a society!

I like that the trash can is apparently stuffed with corn cobs.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

I'm not quite sure I understand the punchline; is it not actually the last stop and the guy just said that to get Dharma to give him money?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

EBB posted:

I don't get the original strip's joke so loss is an improvement.

The baby is wishing for more shooting stars

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Do they really sell $400 dresses at department stores? I'd have thought they would top out at like $150 max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Powered Descent posted:

Bizarro

...Are they in heaven?

I initially read this as "punch out god at midnight" and was shocked that Bizarro was actually funny for once.