Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I lost 30 pounds in 2020. I’ve been stuck at my current weight for awhile after plateauing but overall going from 205 to 175 is an accomplishment. I did it by just watching portions and exercising 5-6 times a week. If I wanted to lose more I’d probably have to start counting calories and removing alcohol from my diet. But at that point, what would I trying to be doing? Getting a 6 pack?

I should probably reduce my alcohol consumption regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

I had a real physical reaction to this. A full body rage.

For a palate cleanser, here is my good rear end cake.

wearing a ring expanding the ring :discourse:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

This means 2024 is going to be the gritty reboot :ohdear:
New Game+

We know the route, but now we can breeze through the first half and get to the real meat of the game.

aww poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I should probably reduce my alcohol consumption regardless.

i really really want to cut down my alcohol consumption in 2021.

ideally i'd get hired, pass that first drug test, and just start smoking weed to relax. i've never really been a stoner and have only smoked like five times in my life but i think it's time.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh, I have a new intention for this year, get a vasectomy.

I was going to get one after our daughter was born in 2019. Never got around to it, which sucked because I had hit my max deductible.

Maybe this year I'll let someone slice open my sack.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

"Hi, I'd like this new sink and granite/solid surface countertops"

"well, your counters aren't deep enough for the sink, and redoing all the counters and adding depth would be $$$$$$$"

"hmm, what can I do for $"

"I guess we could angle one cabinet and only do the new counters there but that's a real du..."

"YES!"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mods pls sticky

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

ideally i'd get hired, pass that first drug test, and just start smoking weed to relax. i've never really been a stoner and have only smoked like five times in my life but i think it's time.

It's good, fiz. My favorite side effect is losing the incessant low grade anger that plagued my life before I became a weed truther

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

D-LINK posted:

It's good, fiz. My favorite side effect is losing the incessant low grade anger that plagued my life before I became a weed truther

yeah part of my drinking is i spent my twenties kinda hustling, so i was always renting rooms and never really settled down and like gave myself direction. honestly my favorite part of going back to school and everything was for the first time in my life having something i was working towards, and it's something i realized i liked from weightlifting.

anyway since i never really had my own place i always just wanted to be out and going, and more often than not that translated to spending time in bars. and then since i was always drinking in bars i started drinking at home. and then it just kinda became something i do.

its something i still struggle with; that urge to just be out, be drinking. its hard for me on a tuesday at like 4 pm to realize "whelp im not moving tonight i guess" or just relax without drinking.

its also kinda one of the reasons i like to cook really complicated things; it just locks me down in place for a few hours.

anyway yeah hopefully weed (and having an actual career) can help with that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the only drug I need is the lord Jesus Christ

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Talk to us in 6 months.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

A little angel dust, I hear you. Get wet hit the club and go HAM on anyone who scuffs your shoes.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nick Jr. Face posted:

For those of you looking to lose weight I highly recommend intermittent fasting

Isn't that just skipping breakfast? Or lunch?

A year ago I was at my heaviest, 220. At some point over the summer I got down to 197, I'm probably in the low 200s right now (my scale needs a new battery again).

There's a small grocery story near me that sells half-pound fruit cups for ~$2, and my local Mariano's sells premade salads at $10 for 3. I have a fruit salad and veggie salad for lunch every day.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Isn't that just skipping breakfast? Or lunch?

there's different ways to do it. essentially you want to fast for 16 hours and eat during eight. for me it works to skip breakfast, and just eat lunch and dinner. i only ate between 12p-8p

the idea behind is maximizing your insulin sensitivity, so you maximize the food you DO eat.

of course IF is just a part of the puzzle. you still have to eat right, stop drinking, etc

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Last Thread:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Athanatos posted:

Last Thread:

Dad can I have my av back? I wore this for awhile now

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Athanatos posted:

Last Thread:

I really like the people who vote 4.

“I’m having a good time, but it could be a little better.”

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

2-4 shouldn't exist and they wouldn't if not for fat thumbs + phones

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ehud posted:

We could always be posting better Ehud.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sweet thursday posted:

2-4 shouldn't exist and they wouldn't if not for fat thumbs + phones

That sounds like something a neutral man would say.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
2021 wasting no time
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1345053262848946177?s=19

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ehud posted:

I’m voting 4 this time because there’s always room for improvement!

I wound up drinking less last year since I do most of my drinking out and about and obviously that wasn’t happening. Even last night I had a glass of wine at dinner and a cocktail while Zooming with my SOs family, and then by the time it hit midnight I didn’t even really want the champagne. It’s a far cry from NYE in my 20s.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, I'm in a similar mindset. I really want (and need, if things go to plan) to kick alcohol to the curb, and smoking weed might be a good alternate. I've only smoked weed like once, though, and having a stoner brother hasn't given me a good impression of it, even though I know that has much more to do with my problems with my brother than weed itself

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Samadhi posted:

Does anyone have a good recipe for.deviled eggs? The ones I find are all very...mayo forward

From: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811876438 which I highly recommend

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

2020 was definitely my year of realizing weed is better, although I'm still consuming both on a regular basis. In fact, our house currently smells like a dispensary because I have a gram of weed in the oven at 240F in prep to make butter that will be cookies tomorrow.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Reviving/responding from the old thread:

Abugadu posted:

I had a lot of free time and pushed ahead to the Shinra building, but Wall Market was really well done, and you’ll start to get the flow of combat and materia easily enough.

When you return to Wall Market in the daytime, you can hit the colosseum and do a two-person fight against low level goons that racks up AP, and you should be able to get the doubler by then. Plop a First Strike materia on Cloud and just Triple Slash to start the battles (select easy to speed it up) and you can get like ~35 AP every 45 seconds. 70 on whichever one is doubled.

This is good to know. I have no issues doing some quick power-leveling/grinding if it's going to make my life easier.

ZuluDashOne posted:

If you like those sim games check out Oxygen Not Included. Yeah definitely during major fights switch up how you need to, but man running around and pummeling the poo poo out of garbage fights feels good.

The first few enemies in Sector 5 after the boss fights were super easy again, so yeah, it seems like it really is just a boss thing.

I've played 14 hours of Oxygen Not Included, which is more than I would have guessed. Not sure what it is about it that never completely clicked for me. For reference, I have ~100 hours into Rimworld (even though I've never actually done anything interesting).

One thing I thought about doing is making notes about what it is I specifically enjoy and don't about sim games to help figure out which ones I should seek out.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Athanatos posted:

Last Thread:

Literally any thread I have voted on is due to my finger accidentally hitting the wrong button when I'm on my tablet

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mayo in deviled eggs is like tuna salad where you are adding the mayo to get the texture (chunky, creamy, gel) that you want. you might be able to get away with 0 mayo, a little bit of olive oil, and more mustard.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
mayo is good

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
weed is good

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Happy new year my dudes. Hoping for a better year than the last for all of you.

Hey so when did VRBO start going by Verbo and not the letters?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Nick Jr. Face posted:

mayo is good

My healthiest habit by far is a deep abiding hatred for mayonnaise.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

D-LINK posted:

Dad can I have my av back? I wore this for awhile now

I can't just go scamming people out of their 10 dollar red text purchases! (Unless it's NSFW or racist language)

Maybe the chat thread users can come up with something funny to earn it back

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Nice! posted:

mods pls sticky

Yeah this thread is gonna drop off the first page real fast

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

hifi posted:

mayo in deviled eggs is like tuna salad where you are adding the mayo to get the texture (chunky, creamy, gel) that you want. you might be able to get away with 0 mayo, a little bit of olive oil, and more mustard.
Yeah, deviled eggs need a binding agent, which is usually mayo. That's why I suggested soft boiled eggs and use the soft yolks as the binding agent which is like pre-mayo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nick Jr. Face posted:

mayo is good

This thread is already going to sick places

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Athanatos posted:

Last Thread:

I don't remember why i voted 1 but I'm sure the thread deserved it

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Intruder posted:

This thread is already going to sick places

Mayo in and of itself is bad, but it's absurdly versatile and serves as a base for a lot of really good poo poo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Acceptable uses for mayo:

1. Adhesive in junk food crab cakes

That's it. That's the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!