Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ground floor! Happy New Year TFF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Qwijib0 posted:

Kid is walking around again and also slept till 7:30, 2021 off to a great start

Good energy for this today. Toddler slept til 7:30, baby til 8:30. Amazing!

C-Euro posted:

Ground floor of a new year.

Let's hear those New Year's resolutions people.

I'm setting intentions rather than resolutions, because 2020 was a strong demonstration of what happens to best laid plans.

Anyway, intention for this year is to acquire property, enjoy spending time with my family, and hopefully go to a drat restaurant before the end of the year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ominous!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Happy new year losers.

Cup 1 of the new year is pour over of Dark Matter Coffee's "High on Fire" blend which they made for the band High on Fire.

We're down to Costco's "medium roast" (which is just Starbucks, and is very much not a medium roast). Dire straights. Our coffee subscription service couldn't make it through holiday delays. I seriously need to make a run to the store.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This is more meta commentary on football so I'm putting it here:

College football looks so weird to me these days. I used to watch the hell out of it but have been pretty much exclusively NFL since 2015 or so. The players are slower so things work that look like they shouldn't and it's unexpectedly jarring.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

good suggestions for fun 2 player computer games for the gf and i?

not overcooked

If you want something simple, Nidhogg!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

wandler20 posted:

Owns. I really need to get something like this. Every time I need to haul my tools I put them in a tote and it's not ideal at all. Having wheels would be great.

In other I'm officially old because I'm way too excited about it purchases I bought a couple non-stick pans today because I'm sick of poo poo always sticking to our old stainless ones.

Oh man last year we bought some scanpan pans without any rivets sticking out from the handle, totally smooth. Incredible difference.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

C-Euro posted:

Gotta get through January 6th first :v:

I'm in the DC area and I'm definitely dreading Wednesday, it could get bad here

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
When the dog is too crazy on a rainy day, she gets the thundershirt. Today, it came with a bonus!

"y u do this"

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Good for you man, for real.

My Grandma was a horrendous alcoholic when my Mom was young. Lots of vodka-related self medication to cope with an unhappy marriage in the 1950s. By all rights I shouldn't even know her, but like you she made a choice to save her own life. She's turning 90 in May and I couldn't imagine my family without her. Just a titan of energy and love, and just as huge for all the people she has helped in AA.

People like you and my Grandma help so many people just by being alive and being yourselves, so thanks for being here.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

Oh I thought bean dad was just him being a lovely dad, I saw the other tweets and y i k e s

Wait what happened I'm not wading through a twitter storm for this

E. Beyond the initial thread of course

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

Turned out bean dad had some very cool things to say

https://twitter.com/nwclerk1989/status/1345861963864297473

Holy loving poo poo wow

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
NSA, *so* in violation of Man Code

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The numbers were already posted, but this is my first time on a computer with Excel this year, so here's the final post counts for the TFF 2020 Chat Thread top 30 posters.

The sum total of posts made by we top 30 is exactly 67% of the total number of replies (55,743 of 82,966 total), so this represents two-thirds of chat thread content.

Also it's in Bookman Old Style, so feel free to include this on legal briefs and whatever.

e: Also I made a joke in early October about C-Euro and I being neck and neck, and he edged me out by three posts, so we're nothing if not consistent over time.

Lol at Mel being 8th, when did he bail from the thread again? What a work rate.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

bobjr posted:

I had a friend who had the same thing happen, except it was an old woman who had to be in her 80's dragging the pizza container on the ground.

This is so loving sad, god this society is demented

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Have you talked to her about this?

Yeah but turns out she's more of a Bunk fan

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh man did this chap the rear end of my programmers and even senior IT leadership. Every year - you submit your goals (professional, personal, education) all out and then you are measured against them in your annual review.

It got to the point where when had to meet with our executives to lock in our goals for 2020, we’d all meet beforehand so our guys would agree on the goals in the worlds most vague standards, so they weren’t screwed over when they came up short due to timeline or technology hang ups - which was happening ALL THE TIME!

It’s square peg round hole. It’s like when we’re switching to agile and my management flat out me to just reuse our contracts that were specifically tailored to waterfall methodology. It’s... impossible.

Well, if it cheers you up, somewhere out there is a consultant who has made a *lot* of money off of your company.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
When I was a kid I didn't know how to read cursive and thought the D in the Disney logo looked like a backwards G

I've thought of them as Gisney ever since

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I want to see the Disney tunnels

One of my old jobs let me move between the passenger and crew spaces in cruise ships and I imagine it feels similar

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/MattScalici/status/1346486832377290752?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
And let's not forget that Trump being a huge enough shithead to cost the GOP their majority means knives out over there

Regardless of what you think about the Dems, that's worth laughing over tonight

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Exhausted. Angry. Beyond furious at the insane DC police apparatus that in normal times I commute through every weekday, that it would so transparently give up on this threat when I watched them beat the poo poo out of BLM protesters all summer. We as a society fork over so many of our resources to this police state and it can't even bother to stop an attack on its center of government.

It's tough to have hope for this country right now.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

And what happens if Trump pardons them?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I'll believe it when I see it

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

"Oh hey thanks, I was looking for that"

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Wednesday was a sad day for America. Sports maybe now more than ever needs to be an outlet from the divide in this country. However #Phillies fans will not be happy with this news. The #Mets will be a better team in 2021, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Trump posted a video on Twitter. I’m not watching it but I’m sure it sucks.

Uh, he basically conceded? It's super loving weird, it looks like a deepfake.

Very much a lawyer-written thing

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Seriously what the gently caress did I just watch, that was more heavily edited than a Transformers movie

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a neat cape posted:

I'm still really loving mad about yesterday.

Same. I live here and feel loving violated, both from these maga types that we've had to put up with visiting and being shitheads for years and the apparently useless security state that has nevertheless constrained our lives for forever.

Like, you live in DC you put up with bullshit security theater all the time because everyone tells you it's necessary, and when an insurrection actually does happen while congress is in session they let them in the loving doors and then let them walk away, after spending the summer treating BLM protesters like they were fighting the Battle of the Bulge.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Needs the gi joe psa "shhhiiiiiiiiii..."

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kalli posted:

I'll also accept the Jojo's To Be continued

Anyway, Dems have the senate, that means it's Manchin-o'clock

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1347597564149903360

When you get yelled at by people who want their god drat money:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1347619095877971976?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/MollyNagle3/status/1347645958667038726?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://youtu.be/CnQ8N1KacJc

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
RIP Alex Trebek. His last episode aired tonight. Definitely teared up at the end. He was a part of my life for 30 years.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
How many times do you think he'll grab his phone tomorrow before remembering

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Holy poo poo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Bud Ice : Czech Pilsener :: Malort : Fernet Branca

It's fine, I drink Malort in a pinch quite voluntarily

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Braksgirl posted:

I assume it's called Malort because when you drink you yell "Oh malort, what did I just drink?!"

Oh my God I'm never going to unhear this

And Happy Birthday SB!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Happy Birthday Skwirl and Dick Nixon! No longer the most scandal-associated modern president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Why the hell is the 16th/17th important? Congress isn't even in session and the inauguration isn't until the 20th...

Q is the 17th letter of the alphabet. That's it, that's the whole reason.