Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Samadhi posted:

Does anyone have a good recipe for.deviled eggs? The ones I find are all very...mayo forward

From: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811876438 which I highly recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

i really really want to cut down my alcohol consumption in 2021.

ideally i'd get hired, pass that first drug test, and just start smoking weed to relax. i've never really been a stoner and have only smoked like five times in my life but i think it's time.

2020 was definitely my year of realizing weed is better, although I'm still consuming both on a regular basis. In fact, our house currently smells like a dispensary because I have a gram of weed in the oven at 240F in prep to make butter that will be cookies tomorrow.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Reviving/responding from the old thread:

Abugadu posted:

I had a lot of free time and pushed ahead to the Shinra building, but Wall Market was really well done, and you’ll start to get the flow of combat and materia easily enough.

When you return to Wall Market in the daytime, you can hit the colosseum and do a two-person fight against low level goons that racks up AP, and you should be able to get the doubler by then. Plop a First Strike materia on Cloud and just Triple Slash to start the battles (select easy to speed it up) and you can get like ~35 AP every 45 seconds. 70 on whichever one is doubled.

This is good to know. I have no issues doing some quick power-leveling/grinding if it's going to make my life easier.

ZuluDashOne posted:

If you like those sim games check out Oxygen Not Included. Yeah definitely during major fights switch up how you need to, but man running around and pummeling the poo poo out of garbage fights feels good.

The first few enemies in Sector 5 after the boss fights were super easy again, so yeah, it seems like it really is just a boss thing.

I've played 14 hours of Oxygen Not Included, which is more than I would have guessed. Not sure what it is about it that never completely clicked for me. For reference, I have ~100 hours into Rimworld (even though I've never actually done anything interesting).

One thing I thought about doing is making notes about what it is I specifically enjoy and don't about sim games to help figure out which ones I should seek out.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

swickles posted:

Mayo is fine if you make it yourself. Blac garlic aoili with homemade mayo is the loving poo poo.

Anything made in a store sucks poo poo and tastes like the devil's cum.

:hmmyes:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Anyone have good kitchenaid mixer recipes? I just made pizza dough and was extremely happy at how fast it kneaded it.

A great lifehack is using the paddle blade to shred chicken. I would make like six breasts for tacos, and just throw them all in the mixer to get a perfect shred.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

We watched the first episode of Sealab, which took less time than getting HBOmax on my phone from a Hulu account. It's still good.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Lol, I read this earlier and my dumb chem brain didn't even realize it loving spelled out nacho. Really couldn't figure out why everyone was so interested in a food additive formula.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

General Dog posted:

I feel dumb for not knowing this before, but did you know if you have a jar of honey that’s crystallized you can microwave it to get it back to its original state?

The honey we get from our bees crystallizes in about a month, so that's what I think of as its normal state. The boiling water method works, although if it's in a wide-mouth jar and you're using it in a recipe like making bread or a smoothie, spooning it out crystallized is easier than dealing with it as a viscous liquid.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Sweet double-whammy of not being able to fall asleep and then waking up at 3AM for about an hour and a half last night. Really not an ideal lead-in to the Monday after a holiday break, especially considering I'm sitting in the same chair I've been playing games in for a significant portion of the last 11 days.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

The numbers were already posted, but this is my first time on a computer with Excel this year, so here's the final post counts for the TFF 2020 Chat Thread top 30 posters.

The sum total of posts made by we top 30 is exactly 67% of the total number of replies (55,743 of 82,966 total), so this represents two-thirds of chat thread content.

Also it's in Bookman Old Style, so feel free to include this on legal briefs and whatever.

e: Also I made a joke in early October about C-Euro and I being neck and neck, and he edged me out by three posts, so we're nothing if not consistent over time.

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 4, 2021

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

Lol at Mel being 8th, when did he bail from the thread again? What a work rate.

Yeah him and Chiche were both out in June, so neither of them even had six full months.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Same, but housework.

There almost has to be a big German word for the specific feeling of making a decision mid-task and knowing you will not make the right call.

It's a similar feeling to the beginning of Office Space when he knows the door handle is going to shock him every time.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Georgia Secretary of State is going hard directly at the poo poo Trump is trying to claim for voter fraud. Understandable, regardless of party it would be annoying as hell to have the president using every form of media available to say the work you did is hosed up.

https://twitter.com/DianneG/status/1346186816563662850

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Serious question, if someone legally voted early / voted absentee and then died before election day, would their vote count?

Pretty sure, yeah. They would be able to trace when the ballot was received vs. a date of death if anyone challenged it, and I don't think there is like a push notification for them to seek out and remove a ballot if someone dies before the election. I'm not sure how it is handled state to state, but in states where they can count mail-in before election day, I don't think they would even have a way to trace it to a specific ballot anymore.

The underage voting one really makes me laugh, because the four people who requested ballots at 17 but turned 18 before election day can look at that sign and be like, hey, that's me.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Gotta say when I see people go how bad SA is I think they are exaggerating, but then I go to C-SPAM and understand lol; with how many people being brain poisoned to listen to Jimmy Dore to hate AOC

When someone is probated I always check to see what it was, and like 90% of the time it's C-SPAM. Sometimes a glimpse into some of the C-SPAM vitriol helps me understand the seemingly random antagonizing between posters in the threads I frequent.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Ehud posted:

The company I work for has grown a lot lately and I feel the corporate culture bullshit encroaching into my life.

"We need you to align your Q1 IT tasks with our 5 key objectives for 2021."

okay let me write some stupid crap about how moving from ADFS to Azure AD SSO authentication is going to help the company *checks notes* redefine its go to market sales strategies

jesus christ lol

A noteworthy amount of my time last year was spent filling out development forms and spreadsheets to align tasks to objectives, and it was hell. I get that big companies need to account for time and make sure people are focusing on the right projects, but holy poo poo.

It probably didn't help that talking through it with my old manager pretty much checked every box on my list of workplace stressors. Tbd how much of that was manager-related, but I'm guessing a lot of it was.

Also our director's big thing is projects that "move the needle", which is corporate speak new to me and immediately hated.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

That Jurassic Park builder simulation game that's free on Epic right now is a pretty good simulation game, at least an hour in or so.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder what the weakest medical exemption you could get is. Bunion?

Bone spurs.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

I've never heard of The Good Dinosaur, so I'll assume it's about a dinosaur who has to resume her law career after her husband goes to jail for a political scandal.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Antiques Roadshow loving rules when you're high.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Speaking of the inside of the Pixar office reminds me of this fantastic moment from January 2019:

https://twitter.com/leeunkrich/status/1091039217625387008

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The first time I did a hallucinogen (2CI) was in high school and I watched a stupid movie called The Butterfly Effect. It was terrifying on drugs but i watched it a few years later and was surprised how bad, teen-angsty and stupid it was, and felt ashamed for being so scared earlier in my life

The first time I got stoned out of my mind the people I was with sat me in a comfy chair and put on Dirty Work. Would recommend. It is very funny both on and off drugs.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

I love Pants. I gave a print of his as a Secret Santa gift and noted it was a Secret Santa thing so he added a note with another drawing and a bunch of stickers.

That rules. I want to get something of his for my cube or office at home, but now my "office" is a temporary desk in the middle of our living room and I never go into work. Maybe I could find something my wife would agree could hang in the kitchen.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Welp, who's ready for some cold weather marches and demonstrations?

The Guardian posted:

The police officer who shot and paralyzed Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old Black man, in Kenosha, Wisconsin will not be charged with any crime, the district attorney Michael Graveley announced Tuesday.

None of the officers on the scene will be charged with any crimes either, Graveley said, nor will Jacob Blake.

Kenosha police officer Rusten Sheskey shot Blake seven times in the back on 23 August, leaving him paralyzed. The shooting touched off protests and rioting in the Wisconsin city and across the country.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

And once again it's likely the in-person results that get tallied first will be primarily for the republicans and the mail-ins that get counted later will be weighted toward the dems. Looking forward to more "how does an early lead disappear as more votes are counted???" discourse.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Anyone have a good, cheap or free building/room modeling software they recommend? Not looking for all the features of REVIT, but I'd like something I can really dig into and use to actually plan a construction project.

Our dishwasher has gone from not draining some of the water to borderline not functioning at all, which may be what pushes me over the edge to completely redo the entire kitchen (that may seem like a leap, but I promise it's not). The whole kitchen/dining room/living room space is a real odd, horrible layout, so I want to play with it for the next few months then take time off of work in the spring to make it happen.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

BlindSite posted:

5 day work weeks suck after two short ones.

:hmmyes:

My company had us doing 32 hour weeks for three months this summer, and I miss it so much.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Another runoff would only be triggered if they literally tied, but a recount will happen automatically if they're within 0.3% (?), I believe?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

I, for one, am over the moon about Mitch losing his iron grip on the senate.

otoh, very aware of this truth:

https://twitter.com/ruthlessreviews/status/1346670920060915713

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

20 R's vs. 14 D's. Warnock is up for reelection in 2022 again. I would say Republicans will need to actively defend 6 seats (FL, PA, OH, WI, IA, and NC), while Dems will actively need to defend 2 seats (AZ and GA).

:lol: one of the first articles I found says the IA seat is loving Chuck Grassley who will be 89 years old, and Rick Scott WANTS HIM TO RUN AGAIN.

Politico posted:

“I hope Chuck Grassley comes back. He’s very healthy and I hope he comes back really strong. That will be really important,” said incoming National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman Rick Scott of Florida in an interview. “I don’t think Chuck Grassley is beatable.”

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Still adorable. Do you ever lift her up with that harness handle and carry her like a suitcase?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Joey Freshwater, since you seem to know the most about this, what's going on with that boat that lost like half its cargo? Is there a way to find out what was lost? I think my job may have been affected by it because I was waiting on some valves and all of a sudden the lead time jumped by months.

Yeah right, "valves". We all know you're asking where your rare Goku is right now.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Trump just threw Pence directly under the bus

e: lol now he's talking about space force

lol

quote:

“Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our Constitution,” Trump said.

I am super loving curious what Mike Pence is going to do after this. He doesn't have the charisma for...anything, but I guess Fox could have him on to just nod listening to hosts and politely agreeing with the same vitriol he has for the last four years.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

:wtc:

You can't find literally any other historical figure to quote to make your point??

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1346889107344015360

Mitch losing the majority leader title and then having to make this speech in the same day is :discourse:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

The Guardian posted:

Senator Ted Cruz defended his objection to Arizona’s electoral votes by noting that polling shows 39% of Americans believe the election was rigged.

:shuckyes: The evidence of fraud is people believing there was fraud based on Trump screaming about it without any evidence.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm not enjoying the Mitch stuff because I bet he's really happy about the last 4 years. He's about to die, doesn't care about America's future, and just accomplished his major goals of securing the Supreme Court and passing huge tax cuts

C-Euro posted:

He absolutely is.

Today might suck for him but he essentially controlled the legislative branch for the last six years and got to implement his long-term strategy for the GOP for the foreseeable future, which is to control the judiciary. gently caress that guy, one speech about "hey maybe laws are still real" doesn't erase any of that.

Oh Mitch has absolutely done damage that will last for years, and may have been one of the most successful politicians at getting his poo poo jammed through. He absolutely has every reason to be proud of what he's done in his time in control, and is an absolute villain.

That being said, today is the worst he has had in many, many years, and I get at least a little solace for a few minutes to see him not getting his way.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/alaynatreene/status/1346895194801786880

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

I have ceased working for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Who has a stream of all this that I can watch from a phone?

Does this one work? It's pretty good:

Ehud posted:

holy poo poo, this feed :stare:

reporter giving play by play on MAGA protesters trying to break into the senate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKy84YmL-sU