Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

Follow up on an earlier post, I’m enjoying Fallout: NV on the PS3; performance has been satisfactory so far.

sure it's fine now

50 hours from now when your savefile is so bloated thanks to memory leaks that the game crashes every 3rd area transition? not so great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Lead singer of Harvey Danger makes his small daughter sort out a can opener by herself FOR SIX HOURS

https://twitter.com/johnroderick/status/1345508384011816960?s=19

i was very confused until i looked it up and discovered he was not in the band for The One Harvey Danger Song Anyone Knows

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tom Petty'd Again

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Sorry guys. Let’s instead talk about the excellent Cinemax show Banshee, which everyone should watch

Cinemax still exists??

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/dumpster_lord/status/1346957080343691267?s=20
https://twitter.com/dumpster_lord/status/1346974530879721472?s=20

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Can somebody explain to me why it took so long for tiktok to come along and replace vines?

Everybody loved vines, yet seems like there wasn't a copycat app until recently.

tiktok has existed for 4 years

it basically started as soon as vine died

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

What the gently caress is Malort?

chicago distilled into a bottle

the taste is usually described as a mixture of cigarettes and burnt rubber bands

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"We're on to Joe Biden"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Haha, look at all those dumb hick racists down sou.... the northeast corridor.

https://twitter.com/kcimc/status/1348815246039805953/photo/1

you do know this is just another population_density_map.png right

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Also just go to loving Publix you nerds.

publix exists in like 5 states

e: sorry, 7

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Substitute decent grocery store of your choice, not some pedophile pushing poo poo-chain

im just sayin i don't go around tellin you all "why don't you just get sandwiches from QuickChek" because QuickChek exists in like, 3 states and it's New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Congrats on finishing eva

now don't listen to any of these other guys and go straight into Serial Experiments Lain

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Thank you very much for these, I loled and the theme song absolutely slaps

I am going to do a completionist round up of NGE then abandoning this ghastly medium known as anime lest I get tricked into dealing with a child's horrific existential crisis again

hm, on second thought maybe watch Mushishi instead of Lain

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

By the accounts I've seen Witcher 3 was a similar mess on release :shrug:

Witcher 3 had a clunky release, the problems with Cyberpunk 2077 are problems that can't be fixed with content updates and patches

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the DCAU movies are a great example of what happens when you let people who make kids cartoons do whatever they want without S&P oversight

it gets real bad real quick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

I never seem to get sound for these it's not even an option it's just a silent gif

right click > show controls

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bobjr posted:

TFF has priorities.

yeah they really want access to Samuel L. Jackson's hentai collection

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

This is the only place where I know people who know guns, What does this means?
https://twitter.com/Claudio_Report/status/1352148998623137793?s=20

It looks like the top of the magazine/clip (still don't know what the difference is) is crimped at the top and that would be bad, but I don't know how you do that on accident. Or maybe that's how it's supposed to look and it's just the fact someone dropped a loaded (seriously don't know if it's a magazine or a clip I just know one is something you get made fun of for saying)

a.) a magazine is the part of the gun that holds bullets in reserve in repeating firearms. they can be detachable box magazines like you see on basically every modern gun, or fixed magazines that you see on early repeating firearms. a clip is a tool used to reload bullets into a magazine, such as a stripper clip or an en-bloc (or Mannlicher) clip like the M1 Garand used.

b.) the joke is that the cops dropped what seems to be a fully loaded magazine on the ground because they're useless and wasteful

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Or weight lifting and star war

In cooking chat:

Im being a lazy oval office and making fries in my oven im gonna smother them in instant gravy and shredded cheese from a bag.

Youre free to judge me.

gently caress yeah we call them disco fries around here, usually the cheese is mozzarella

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Dudes not gonna be able to walk tomorrow.

good, i wish he couldn't walk now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Conor is 32.

Is that old for a UFC fighter?

Seems old for someone whose job relies on taking damage.

Dustin Poirier, who he just lost to, is also 32

Skwirl posted:

The last time he lost a fight it was to a 45 year old.

Khabib Nurmagomedov, who is the last guy he lost to before Dustin Poirier, is also 32 years old.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

He was probably referring to Mayweather

boxing is fake

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's like getting literacy up in Victoria 2

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

installing skyrim to play it for the first time since it was on console

trying to figure out all the mods and good lord

the cleanest faces

the roundest booties

the highest polygon feet you got

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Looked it up out of curiosity (the mod, not the pedo art to be perfectly clear), and man if this were his contributions to the product, I think they coulda figured this out:

Link to screenshots of a questline where you can enslave a teen girl:

https://imgur.com/a/0JjzOrC

she also has a bunch of obvious foot fetish dialogue!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Oh... uh, great.

Glad to see they're sourcing writers from A03

that's not even getting into the drug-addicted excessively horny lizard people, or the talking deathclaw you can gently caress

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:hmmyes:

I was so excited when I found a huge sword to carry around in the last real level of Hitman 3, but I sadly never found the opportunity to use it.

I've been thinking about firing up New Vegas again since I probably haven't played through it since release, but immediately lose interest every time I start to look into modding. Having only one to install and knowing it's from the lead developer might get me over that hump.

its important to keep in mind that JSawyer is a rebalancing mod and the new balance is intended for like, double extra hardcore mode. if you don't like a significantly reduced carry weight limit, much more limited healing and super lethal combat it might not be for you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

I think Shinji reacts violently when he sees Asuka because he and everyone else have just been juice for who knows how long, and finding himself and another person in separate bodies feels violent and threatening. In that sense it’s a pretty good late-pandemic watch.

(The boundaries of self are defined by “Absolute Terror Fields” not “‘Nice to See You’ Fields”)

you see, hedgehogs can't get close to one anoth-

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

anyway spoeank now its time to listen to me, your ol pal, and watch Mushishi

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spoeank posted:

My second animu is gonna be cowboy bebop 😎

Though I can make it third. A short and dense series is my jam

there's technically two Mushishi series, the first one is 26 episodes and came out in 2005-2006, the second one is 20 episodes and came out in 2014, but it's a very episodic series with no real connection between episodes except the main character

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

Well which one do you want us to watch?? do you need to see one to understand the other

i'm saying you could literally watch every episode from both series shuffled around in whatever order (aside from the first episodes of each series that explain what mushi are) and it would basically be fine except sometimes the opening credits song would be different

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Paul Bettany has always randomly been one of my favorite actors ever since i saw this movie on cinemax when i was fifteen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEXQkWlG8b8

haven't seen it since. dont want to do it and realize it's garbage

but just always remembered him staring people down and saying "look into my loving eyes."

no Gangster No. 1 is still really good imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Two Escobars is my rec

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you should watch Terriers

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

There needs to be more arcade style sports games. EA is just sitting on the Nfl Blitz, Nba Jam, and nfl/nba street licenses doing absolutely nothing with them.

they've tried bringing back NBA Jam and NFL Blitz multiple times, nobody buys those games anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so that's what that Clutch song was about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNOD6vKutp4

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm having a tough time being motivated in trying to play any more Breath of the Wild. Fighting the first, boss I guess the centaur with the lightning bow and I guess I could go find more shrines to get more heart containers but the fighting system is not interesting enough to make me care about it and the idea of wandering the countryside randomly trying to find shrines sounds dull

guess what 90% of the game is

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Horizon Zero Dawn is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why do people assume any future Captain Marvel movies aren't gonna be her loving around in space