Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh, I have a new intention for this year, get a vasectomy.

Same! Planned on it last year then COVID hit. This year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

D-LINK posted:

Guys, I bought myself one of these after wanting one forever: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Plus, I bought 3 other stackable hard cases that match and stack, including the clear top organizer for screws and toggles, etc. They snap together like rolling baggage.

I spent the afternoon moving tools out of various soft tool bags, organizing everything. I am so loving pumped

Owns. I really need to get something like this. Every time I need to haul my tools I put them in a tote and it's not ideal at all. Having wheels would be great.

In other I'm officially old because I'm way too excited about it purchases I bought a couple non-stick pans today because I'm sick of poo poo always sticking to our old stainless ones.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

D-LINK posted:

I've been eyeing them for at least a year. My younger brother has the Craftsman one, but the way that system stacks together and the latches are both kinda janky compared to the Rigid. The Milwaukee branded one is super nice too, but it costs double any of the others. I wasn't 100% sure that I'd like it, so I didn't want to pay for Milwaukee. DeWalt makes one too, but I just liked the way the Rigid snaps together when stacking, plus it has moisture and dust seals, and the beefiest latches of any that I've ogled in stores

That Rigid price point looks good compared to the Dewalt stuff I've looked at. I wish Menards carried at least one higher quality brand because I have some gift cards to burn up there.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

shirts and skins posted:

Oh man last year we bought some scanpan pans without any rivets sticking out from the handle, totally smooth. Incredible difference.

The ones I bought are Woll brand and are completely smooth as well. Very excited to make some breakfast tomorrow.

Samadhi posted:

Menards tools and accessories are generally poo poo. I will 100% go to Home Depot for any tool I need, electric or otherwise. If there was a Lowes in my area, that would be my preference. Menards is good for building materials, but the quality of the brands they carry (other than ones like Bosch) is horrible.

Yep, that's why I commented on wishing they carried one of the better brands. I don't have HD or Lowe's in my town so that's my big box option.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I think I need to give up woodworking as a hobby. Not because I don't like it, but because every time I make a mistake, I have to explain it to my wife, then I have to hear about it from her what I should have done. Then she goes online and looks at the same thing online and asks why I didn't make it like that. I'm just sick of having every little thing critiqued, especially when I already know I screwed it up.

No one but you needs to know you hosed up. You can almost always fix it. Do that and move on. Woodworking owns, don't quit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
LAW AND ORDER

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

msnbc is doing it too and it's infuriating

Chuck Todd is so hard to listen to speak.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

idk if PBS has said coup, but they have very much said this is 100% on Trump and calling him out for sitting behind layers of security and watching this on TV at the White House.

cheetos dust everywhere

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So can anyone just kick Trump out of the White House? Everyone knows he's responsible for this, get that fucker out.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Skwirl posted:

Now is probably the best time in the world to announce anything you think will be unpopular

They're hiring Jason Garrett?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/thegallowboob/status/1346956807999160326?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Was he winking while he said this?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://i.imgur.com/mqeIFfJ.mp4

I can't get this to post as the video and it also has sound but worth it

lmao so worth it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Can someone in the tech world fill me in on why there’s like 30 people lined up outside my micro center right now? All I wanted to do was return some stuff, but I think I’ll come back some other time.

PS5 shipment came in?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Mario Party for the gold standard test.

Let me tell you about this game called Overcooked.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Happy Birthday SB!

Also, anyone got opinions on the iphone 12?

I got my wife one got Christmas and she seems to like it. She previously had the X. Any specific things you're curious about?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

like which version of it do i need?

does anyone even use hard drive space anymore or is it all in the cloud?

is the camera worth extra money

yeah, but like of all the bullshit i use, I use my phone the most. It's literally by my side at all times.

She's got the Pro. I wouldn't go for the Maxx because it's loving huge. The extra zoom camera will be nice for those pics of your dog. Storage space is kind of on the user. Save a $100 and get the lower model and spend $5 a month on icloud or get the bigger drive.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Weird winter so far. In MN we got a bunch of snow late October, and I was worried it would be there until spring. Then it melted and we didn't have snow stick until December 23.

Similar here in ND. We have no snow at all and it was 44 today. I'm fine with it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Has anyone seen or heard from Trump since Twitter banned him?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Unrelated, how is Hitman 2 going?

Not bad, very enjoyable game but I got roped into Call of Duty for now. I'll get back to it and plan on buying Hitman 3 at some point. I got a little too obsessed with finishing all the scenarios so when I go back I'm not diving in that hard right away.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Is there some reason Amazon delivery people never ever knock or ring the bell? I’m not looking for them to hand me a package or whatever, but it’d be super cool if I didn’t leave a laptop on my front porch for two hours because I had no idea they came by, despite sitting on the couch mere feet from the door.

Mine knock but they usually are a light knock so if you're not near the door you might not hear it. This is another good reason to have a camera with motion detection.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We've had pretty consistent wind gusts from like 50-70mph since last night and there's just trampolines and yard furniture and pieces of fence everywhere.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Kids still like trampolines in 2021!

It's true! Kids will forever love a trampoline.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Tom Brady confirmed as GOAT.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

do i need to know the story of hitman 1 and 2 to play 3?

I jumped straight into 2 recently and it didn't really matter. If you buy 2, you get all the missions from 1. Worth it for $20 or whatever it is now, I paid $20.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

CannonFodder posted:

what devilry is this?

It's a Bosch dishwasher and everyone should own one.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A good day.

So is the impeachment actually going to happen or is that over?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol he's 25.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ugh, our mask mandate ended on Tuesday, had to run to the store today and like 30% of people wearing masks. People literally can't be trusted to make the right decision.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So do they just take an armored car and dump a pile of cash on his doorstep?

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1352317442425544706?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I was curious what would happen to the forklift considering those fuckers weigh five tons.

lol this was my exact thought watching it. I expected it to still be sitting in the same spot.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Anyone following the Gamestop stock poo poo? One redditor is up over $7m. My buddy got in before it took off and made $25k today alone, up about $36k total.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Intruder posted:

They shut down trading for it today apparently. Gotta let the right people sell off before opening it back up I assume

If stopped for a bit which is normal for a high moving stock. It went down a bit then shot back up. It's basically a meme stock so who knows what will happen with it but it'll burst at some point.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/deapoirierbooks/status/1352753463755747331?s=20

I love the teapot that's on the part I would say was the normal staircase part.

Edit, it's not a teapot, it's like a porcelain robot or something, the white thing directly above the plant.

This is why we have building codes.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

seiferguy posted:

Get fuuuuuucked McGregor

Dudes not gonna be able to walk tomorrow.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Tired: Bitcoin price watching

Wired: Gamestop price watching

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1353730868242763778

It was funny when the market dumped and it dropped to like $80 after being at $150. It's back to up $95 now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

It's pretty wild that a bunch of nerds are just literally ruining a bunch of short sellers lives and in the process making a bunch of Funko pops and copies of Madden 18 worth billions.

It's nuts. I've been following it pretty closely since my buddy got in. He's up about $75k overall as of right now. Was $100k when it peaked earlier lol.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol and here I am being an rear end in a top hat training to be a day trader. Figured I need to do something during my off season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Im not sure I understand the blackberry thing as well but just saw some guy invested his father's entire retirement into it. 100k. How the gently caress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l4meah/took_my_dads_life_savings_and_yolod_into_bb_told/

Even BB is like what are you guys doing?