Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

sega's games are consistently some of the worst sounding non-shovelware stuff on the gba which is saying a lot. and i even like how lovely and scratchy a lot of gba games sound

the only good sonic advance song didnt even make it into the full game it was just in a trailer for sonic advance 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NcAkgXQrNI

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 25, 2021

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Switch, 2021)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

The details of my life are quite inconsequential. I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?
                                                                                                                                                                              /

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

fadam posted:

2 is the best David Sirlin said so

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

nights into dreams
ever since i was a kid i wondered what this was about. plenty people saying it was this hidden masterpiece and uhhh lol
theres potential for a really good game hidden here, but the camera is so uncooperative, and some stage gimmicks are just awful like the sled one, and some of those top down segments. The game is short but its really made to score attack it, and some of the combo timings are insanely unforgiving (theres stage gimmicks that seem specifically made to end your combos), and not a lot is explained. you kinda have to guess that to get ranks above c you have to skip over the finish line to do a second or third lap to rack up points since time left on the clock doesnt matter. thats kinda cool cause it forces you to get as close as you can to 0 without dying. the music was really cool and the general vibe is really unique. its a shame that the sequel and now Balaamb Wonderland or whatever apparently both sucked rear end and didnt live up to the potential of this. oh well.

yeah i like it as a score attack game but its definitely been hyped up as more than it is by lunatics for the entirety of its life

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Control: Ultimate Edition (PlayStation 5, 2021)

it's fine. neat world and lore but i dont think its a game i'll ever play again or really think about too often now that ive beaten it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch, 2021)

good game but probably my least favorite in the series

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

wellcum 2 imploft

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

castlevania 4 is only better if youre a noob

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Gaylo Whore Legendary Po-op

o____O

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the apes were tragically euthanized along with the rest of sony japan studio by jim ryan earlier this year

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

16. Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy. I liked the first few hours a lot and then the story becomes schizophrenic nonsense about millenia old Mayan clans who control the neural net while you push 300 button long Simon Says QTEs. My favorite part was when the lady cop gets stuck in an insane asylum when the power goes out and you have to dodge slobbering maniacs who will kill you if you breathe on them, just normal stuff to put in a game.

yeah it owns

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

it would kick a lot more rear end if the QTE parts were about 1/5th as long but yeah, it was pretty sick. are other cage games this bananas.

nope theyre all the boring kind of bad. indigo prophecy and the soundtrack to timecop on snes are the only good things david cage has ever created

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

American McGay posted:

5/20 - Hateboard 2145 (Any%)

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

In Training carefully inputs the 9999 straight points code before slowly and methodically selecting Gay Sex on the main menu.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Being unemployed ftmfw

been too depressed to really enjoy it so far but im only 2 weeks in

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

great ace attorney 1. its fine aside from the first case being unfathomably long. i wouldve been pissed if this came out here when it first did in japan and i had to wait for the sequel, its such a setup for 2 and you dont even get the full gameplay cycle of investigation + courtroom until the last 2 cases and even then theyre all 1 day trials. but since i can just jump right into game 2 im mostly fine with it. i like the characters mostly, the mysteries were just fine. it's ace attorney and it's fine (reference)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

they should have given all the kids freezframe introductions during the asagao orphanage family meetings. "nana-chan second adoptee of asagoa orphanage a kazama kiryuu company" etc

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

great ace attorney 2. much better than the first game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mamkute posted:

27. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (100% Completion)

[hands u a shining Imp Zone Pioneer trophy]

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

lots of games in between last post and this but psychonauts 2. extreme pwnage, the game ive wanted for 16 years

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

metroid samus returns

bad

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

signalnoise posted:

I beat The Wonderful 101, it was really good

:hai:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

all the games after the original trilogy are hit and miss except edgeworth 2 which is a must play and the only one that stands up there with the first 3 games

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

ben-k's second theme is 1000x better than gregorios

o_____O

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

either way the answer is legendary theme > bee jam blues > flyin to your heart

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

lost judgment, 74.5% completion, finished all the school stories and gonna wrap up the rest of the side stuff in premium adventure. decent enough story, excellent everything else. the gameplay in this is firing on all cylinders in a way it hasn't since yakuza 5/0. the combat's super snappy and fun and there's a huge variety of weird side games. huge surprise since judgment 1 was one of my least favorite yakuzas to play. and yes i will be claiming my rightful place as Imp Zone First Penguin

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

star fox 64 - hard route. cool fuckin game. no gold medals, i did get enough hits on venom hard except fuckin slippy died. definitely playing more of this for a while but first ocarina

star fox 64 is ftw and it gets even more ftw when u know the secret technique to big scores

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

whats the secret?

basically the multikill bonus for charge shots isn't checking for how many enemies got killed at once by the shot, it's just checking if an enemy got killed by the shockwave and slapping an extra point on if they did. so you can hold both the lean buttons to make it so your charge shots don't lock on, aim your shots so they hit something close to the enemy instead so they die from the shockwave rather than the shot, and get the multikill bonus points on single enemies/extra points on groups

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1452820630752030731

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

turning it off and playing space harrier instead :newlol:

space harrier is ftw as well.... there will be no conflict on this page

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

bloodstained. game rules. played the switch version because thats what i got from the kickstarter and by the time word got out it was terrible it was too late to change it. indefensibly bad port even two years later

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

i have absolutely no idea what the hell i'm doing in Mighty Bomb Jack, but i thought i was doing okay anyways until like four levels in this suddenly happened, lol:

good

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Major Isoor posted:

lmao, I think we might need this to appear for Jeff Bezos :D

get his rear end major

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

stop calling them metroidvanias; start calling them search action games

this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

athena's name is magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

That Little Demon posted:

I liked that game growing up. remember lots of car rides playing that

when i was a kid my dad randomly came home from work one day and said "hey got you a game" and it was that game. just the cartridge, also somehow the european version so it said hero turtles instead of ninja turtles. its the only time he ever did anything like that and i have no idea how or why he got it