Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

and yet you play HIS game :jj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

decided to make a list in excel of every game I wanted to beat (or beat again) before I die

I'm already over 600 games and I have only got through a few systems so far lol

was gonna make a thread about it but figured I'd just say it here for now

definitely would be cool to share these, plus maybe a imp wide games to play before you die.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sick. I’ve played hundreds of hours of handheld castlevania, but never this one. Time to change methibks

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Nintendo power had a supplemental issue with a huge guide for it that I read like sixteen times as a kid. It always looked cool but I didn’t get a gba for a few more years and got other stuff. Ultimately avoided bc I liked the aria style ones so much, but I’m a older wiser gamer now.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I should play it more, it’s one of the most soothing games I’ve ever played

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i'm 53 games in and this is the worst one so far. next up: elevator action, then legend of kage. by my rough count, there are 89 games until castlevania 2.

is this alphabetic? i forgot your plan for this

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

elf help book posted:

athena -> elevator action is also in alphabetical order

lol i didn't spend a second thinking about what i was asking.

i'm fascinated by this project. are you taking any more notes than what you're posting? i design trends you'll see rise and fall

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Tyranny. Nice little western rpg with a fun cast and more interesting choices than answer question/punch reporter. Combat is pretty easy but I’m easily confused by these kinds of games still so it’s a better intro to the genre than pillars of eternity was for me.

Feel like it falls into the trap that a lot of dialogue heavy rpgs have where the climax is kind of underwhelming compared to the rest of the story because you’ve already done everything and essentially become an unstoppable monster. Some really inscrutable dialogue choices had me wanting to quick load towards the end, but it’s short enough I’ll probably play again.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

nice, excited to try this out on my christmas break, prolly be my last 2021 game so a short runtime is good for me right now

it was mostly over one weekend, it's a comfy size for an rpg.

Kirby's Pinball Land :cool: still got it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (200%)

I know someone liked my posts about Circle and wanted to check it out afterwards, so do I recommend Harmony? Yes, I do; take a look, go in with an open mind, turn off the soundtrack and take in everything except the center of the screen. It's a grand tour of two weird-rear end castles, don't except the best gameplay but you can have a good time with this. It's absolutely still a skippable game tho don't get me wrong

Harmony’s the only handvania I’ve started and not finished. At least I think, I’ve somehow played maxim mode. It’s been at least ten years but I feel like it might have some sleeper status, just controlling so differently from the more rpg focused ones is cool (kinda jump like Samus)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Racist cop is such a huge bummer. The only reload I did was when failing a roll I called Kim a yellow faced monkey fucker. He doesn’t deserve that.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I passed all the Kim rolls with negative trust modifiers :cool: because of my build. Aside from his individual comments in conversations, and the one time he called me out, he doesn’t give a gently caress overall. He even offered to join my precinct at the end.

The ending is actually funny because he jumps in to protect you multiple times when you say poo poo like “I stole speed for a kid”.

I think that’s why he’s such a good character. Despite his passivity, he clearly has principles and values of his own and knows to pick his battles. So many rpg companions feel like adolescents because you can change their entire life just by gabbing at them for twenty minutes. He’s clearly changed by the experience, not Harry’s ceaseless questions.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

yep lol. kim jokin about that being why you run everywhere was probably my biggest laugh line of the game lmao

The line where they say you’re the can opener because you ask a billion questions was my biggest lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
lmfao sick. Jealous of Kim’s jacket no longer

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Been stealing Harry’s look of looking like a strung out piece of poo poo for years already.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Control. cool game i never got completely into. even as i progressed and improved in the game, i would still have occasional baffling and unpredictable death. combined with some pretty long loading times (like one or two minutes) on my pc made the game even more anxiety inducing than the developers probably intended. the setting grew on me and as usual remedy's writing and setting are cool as hell. got me very hype for alan wake 2

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

Let your little sister die? Uh, weird prompt. Guess ill hit yes and overwrite my savee

It’s a lot of pressure

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I DID NOT let her die I handle pressure well

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Nothing but respect for tgm players