Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

reserved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

*starting to smile slightly at knuc* reserved 2

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

drat... only 2?

ive read the tea leaves and dont think I'll be able to game as much as in 2020, the year of the gamer

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

thats only three

ill reserve this one for my homie wormskull

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Reserved if I remember

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

ok this is the year I keep this updated

1. resident evil 2 Claire B

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fadam posted:

1. Far Cry

Pretty miserable game. The first ~30% or so is actually kind of cool for a 2004 shooter, the maps are huge and the enemies are really lethal but also die really fast so you have to run around and set up traps and ambushes to clear areas. Then they add a bunch of mutants with a buttload of HP and OHKO melee attacks and keep putting you in levels where you're running through narrow corridors over and over. They didn't put any health packs in the last level and the last area is a big rear end volcano that's filled with invisible hit scanners. Oh well, now I can play Far Cry 2 guilt free :cheers:

glad to know my 16 year old memories of that game are flawless

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

200cc is awesome, no one is used to hitting the brakes in mario kart games so it turns into complete chaos

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Glad to get in on the first page.

you should have posted sooner

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i went back and i did uv pistoal start 28 w/o saving thanks for your support. not sure how to do 29 consistently yet tho theres one arena with a million archviles above you.....brutal edoom and mario jump boots mod perhaps???

for sure, you can tell the archviles to gently caress off and then use a take down on them leaving behind a field of real photos of jewish corpses

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

1. What the Golf (100%)
2. 198X

I'm unsure to even count this game considering it was like an hour long and ended with 'to be continued'. Still, it was an alright experience, good art and good music.

you count it as an easy win on the 2021 scoreboard

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

whenever someone talks about beating a snes game or or doom wad in under an hour you should immediately play it. its free real estate

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

reached the epilogue in hades

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

doesn't have vr though

im thinking a vr headset would cost arfjason approximately $1000000000000 and this isnt a concern

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the true far cry experience

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mark of the ninja, only took me 6 years since i got it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nah, i was thinking about doing another run non lethal but after finishing im kind of done with it for a long while

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

god the gba sound chip is rear end lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

I tried for like 5 minutes to find a screen cap of the time you admitted in Twitch chat about having a crush on a girl that ended up dating a Mario Kart 64 speed runner but this website is trash and all posts are lost to the void of time.

im replying to a post from march in the last thread, for some reason i remember every post made on this website

American McGay posted:

Highlight of the night imho:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

this was a glitch that the devs ended up keeping in because they liked it

i think they should have fixed it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

grow cube, because someone linked to the grow games and im addicted to them again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its one of those games that suffers from being an early release and the devs wanted to show off all the cool new snes features so theres a bunch of padding so you can sit back admire the mode7 or whatever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i finished the hit Doom megawad "eviternity" which was pretty amazeballs all around. the ice levels [with ice physics!!!!] and the hell levels [aka ALWAYS boring] were my favorite parts tbh. lots of cool memorable fights.

i wont ever be able to uv pistol start maps 32, 19, and 29 w/o saving so did i really finish it? idk. also the custom end boss is awful, which i guess is still an improvement over the icon of sin.

the "fun factor" is not as high [4.5] as ancient alients [a 5] however.

i really cant think of any good fps boss fights off the top of my head so im not surprised

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heehee posted:

forgot to post it but i beat donut county and it sucked rear end

lol, i keep hearing that and remembering the super positive giantbomb quicklook

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

HeRmIoNe: It's SaGa, NoT sAgA

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:grin:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Quote posted:

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble.

I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?

Who would ever swap the jungle for this setting? The first world especially doesn't feel like DKC at all. I feel like I'm playing a cheap Salute Your Shorts tie in by Acclaim or Interplay. Donkey Lips Kong.

I remember my mother coming to check on me periodically at the demo kiosk. The year before I'd gotten lost in a blizzard and she went through a very protective phase. She was wearing a black dress and shiny earrings. This was 18 years before American politics snapped her brain and she created an unhealable rift between us.

"Is this something you'd want for Christmas?" she asked.

I shook my head and felt the stiff collar of my white shirt rub against my neck. I already had an N64. I had played Mario 64. This game, brand new, was already a relic.

The game stuffers without David Wise doing the music. The music that is there is servicible, but I can't help but wonder about the jug band bops and hambone beats that Wise would have written with the new setting. But even that would have been a poor balm to spread over uninspired levels. Never once did I get a wow moment. Never once was I pleasantly surprised by a new mechanic or the placement of a bonus barrel.

Why does Kiddy Kong exist? He brings no new mechanics to the game. He serves the same role as DK did in the first game. He's the heavy. We have a heavy. His name is Donkey Kong. The main character of the series is unplayable more often than not in the SNES trilogy that bears his name.

There is one thing that I will give the game credit for--i found all the secrets myself. The removal of bustable walls that are all but unmarked is to thank for this. It was a black mark on the original and I'm glad it's gone.

I can't recommend this game. I played it because it occupied a small space in my head for 20 years. Space that can now be cleared, ready to be occupied by some other skulking thing that took root when I was young and the world was magic.

103% 6 hours 12 minutes. Rating: Kool Kong

can everyone please beat games like this now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also kiddy kong exists because rare are a bunch of perverted freaks that find the babys stinky diaper irresistible op

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

none of them are very good

2 is ok, but i cant see myself going back

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

more games need vertical flipping like dusk, its so drat smooth jumping over enemies and blasting them in one smooth motion

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

doom, hadnt played this baby in a while

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I've started it multiple times and really liked it but i had the same problem I had with ffv, I'd play aboht a third of it and get mad I was playing on a phone with touch controls. last year I finally played ffv and loved it and now it's time to make DQ amends

thats basically what happened to me with dqv and its way more chill just lying on my couch controller in hand

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

meant to post this a week ago but i forgot, persona 5 strikers

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

we all beat persona 5 strikers while living at the same orphanage but forgot about it due to retrograde amnesia caused by a time travelling witch's curse

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

return to castle wolfenstein. the game kicks rear end but lol at how terrible and easy the final boss is, like fps bosses are bad already but im not even sure what this guys attack was. anyway i didn't see anyone else had posted they'd beaten it yet so it looks like im also the imp zone pioneer on this one

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Roth posted:

I never managed to beat the first stealth mission

the instafail stealth missions were surprisingly not as bullshit as many others from the era because if you destroy alarms it basically lets you go ham. also theres a really cool one late in the game where you have to find ways to sneak into buildings and kill nazi generals

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

another point about rtcw. im not sure what the stamina was meant to do since i was strafe jumping everywhere lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sounds like youre the imp zone pioneer on that one, welcome to the club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i should have kept the cartridge of that and little samson instead of returening them to blockbuster i'd be rich

and get a blockbuster fine? doesnt seem like it was worth the risk