Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

not reserving - i will make an individual post for every game that i beat.

my beating video games new years resolutions: cyberpunk 2077, age of calamity, disco elysium (got a new laptop on the way, for whatever reason it kept crashing on my old one), arkham knight (just to finish off the trilogy), THPS1&2, ff7Remake hard mode. i also want to replay bioshock because all i need to do is find all the diaries to plat it. trying to think of some horrible way to punish myself at the end of the year for each one that i don't finish.

secondary goals if i finish the above include finishing horizon zero dawn (because i bought it and never finished it), untitled goose game (was playing it with the wife, but we got busy), tropical freeze (got toward the end and burned out), but i'll ditch any of those for better new games that come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

"not reserving - i will make an individual post for every game that i beat." says man who missed posting on page 1

d'oh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

man i wasn't even close

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thank you. if anyone can come up with punishment to motivate me to achieve my gaming resolutions, i will take them into account.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

BoastfulVirus posted:

1. Yooka Laylee And The Impossible Lair.

jesus christ

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I stand corrected

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

2. super mario world 2: yoshi's island

nice. did you get some of the bonus levels for getting all the coins and flowers?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

who the heck doesn't like tetris effect? I haven't played it yet but it looks like it just wraps one of gaming's all time greatest in a pleasing shell and adds features.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

stil not close to finishing anything, dunno how peopel are doing this.

the dam is going to break for me once i finish cyberpunk.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

1. Cyberpunk 2077. Street Kid. Panam ending, left Johnny in Mikoshi All side missions and police hustle, all cars.

The application crashed the PS4 in the middle of the credits, so I have to beat it again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

2. A Link to the Past - was replaying this for my son's pre-dinner half hour of video games. I forgot how hard it is compared to modern Zelda, some of the trap rooms in Ganon's tower are brutal. Was awesome to relive it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

i know hes just young but i like the idea of telling your kid he can play for 30 minutes and never handing him the controller

lol

I actually do periodically, but he usually gets himself stuck in a menu and asks me to take over.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

3. Disco Elysium. Really liked this. I didn't expect so many of the sidequests to tie into the ending. I'm normally a hopeless competionist but I was only tempted to reload once: I failed a check I had over 80 percent to make in my signature skill, Empathy, and someone committed suicide and even that I just decided to live with. There were a couple of quests I never finished (never found the music for the kids and I missed out on at least one piece of the armor), but it felt right to end it. Not sure how I feel about them making a full sequel, but I'm interested to see what ZA/UM tries in the future.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

There's a (free) expansion for Disco Elysium coming out in March with literally full voice acting for everything in the game (which is insane with all the text involved with the skills talking to you and stuff) and some new quests, apparently. Glad I've put off playing it a second time because I beat it at launch and I've had a hankering to do it again

I think the full voice acting would drive me nuts but I'm excited for more content. maybe next time I play I won't be the sorry cop :(

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

crying because all the bad animals in star fox 64 called my combat tactics dishonorable.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

2. Bioshock (on switch)

Still pretty good. Not as disappointing as the first time I played it on 360, when I was expecting System Shock 2 again and got some no inventory bullshit. Going to play infinite next.

Are you skipping 2? I never got through 2 or Infinity, but I think the original holds up. It's just one long dungeon crawl, but the atmosphere makes up for it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. All heart pieces. I was able to find almost all the heart pieces on my own from memory, but I had to look up the last three. Most of them aren't very well hidden anyway.

there are also way fewer of them than i remember, i guess because there are so many dungeons.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Breath of the Wild (120 shrines, 891 korok seeds).

Goes without saying but this game is so good. The highlight was exploring Gerudo city. I was hugely impressed with how much variety and adventure they crammed into a space which I was expecting to be a featureless flat plain. Sand seals in particular were genius. On the other hand, I was hugely disappointed by the Rito village; that one felt like it was just checking off the boxes.

Anyways I'll wrap up the koroks tomorrow and get started on the DLC.

i can't believe another person is going to actually get all of the korok seeds, drat. good luck with trial of the sword.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

In Training posted:

The details of my life are quite inconsequential. I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?
                                                                                                                                                                              /

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I remember when I had my own web site in 2004 and I wrote epic screeds about my life for each video game review of hits like illusion of gaia, earthbound and Intellivision's beauty and the beast.

when do we get to see your sprite comic, op?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hesitated for a moment, for I knew, as I forever wed my unutterable visions to that finite, drifting control stick, that my mind would never romp with the mind of God, and the Nintendo 64 opened it's delicate flower to me. It was then that I knew: I was about to beat Wizpig forever, and Diddy Kong Racing would be behind me, along with my youth.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think they might bring back some more traditional dungeons for botw2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

"Universal Interactive originally licensed the studio to develop two Spyro titles (which the studio chose to develop at the same time), causing the game to be only 15% complete when they reached their deadline. Universal Interactive refused to give the team an extension and released the game in this state, with the team being forced to rework the Ripto miniboss into the final boss of the game."

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

iii is so good, imo the best nes one

it's my favorite, but admittedly i haven't played the ports of 4, where i assume they improve chapter 5

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

glad someone is finally earning some of the new imp zone steam stickers. congrats to trying to jack off.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

we all beat persona 5 strikers while living at the same orphanage but forgot about it due to retrograde amnesia caused by a time travelling witch's curse

... whatever.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

all of us apologizing to bob and cursing doomtrain and the tonberry king through tears as we realize that his brother has been buying all of us games from the white SeeD ship

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

congrats on noticing i typed soemthing a little weird. you just got promoted to a 2012 era grey forums mod

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't think any imps have completed Bebe's Kids or Color a Dinosaur, fadam.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

4: Yakuza 0

oh man this series is gonna take over my life...

yeah. i basically spend all day thinking about how i want to get back to playing yakuza 0 so that i can finish the completion list and move on to kiwami 1.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

fadam posted:

You all laughed when people were lying about beating Persona 5 Strikers and Bravely Default 2 (two games I was the IZP for) before me, but this is what happens when you don’t protect the integrity of the thread. gently caress around and find out I guess...

your creation of the Imp Zone Pioneer status has stripped beating games of their purity and created an ugly, backstabbing competition. hand in your achievement badges and your Nintendo light gun, son. i want your Steam library cleaned out by the end of the day - you're back to Arena daily reward patrols until you can get yourself together. i'm also removing your completion status for Halo 2: Legendary Co-op. you want that back on your list, you're going to have to prove that you can work as a team by getting at least four compliments from Lt. Kim Kitsuragi.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

original dq is almost all grind, but it's just so charming. i don't know how it would hold up if you didn't play it as a kid, i like to return to it every now and then just to beat up a few goldmen.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I played it for the first time last year and loved it, it definitely holds up. It’s very simple now compared to how RPGs have evolved since but that gives it its own charm, the 1-on-1 fights make for a more chill experience and it’s cool how every level-up and equipment upgrade makes an extremely noticeable difference

yeah as a kid it owned to get clowned on by the green dragon and then get like, one level up and show him who's boss and rescue the princess.

I'm still impressed at how the music changed just a little bit on every floor of the dragon lord's castle, it still makes it feel like a nail biter

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

But enough talk.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

4. Yakuza 0. All substories. 100 percent completion.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lots of games have extensive postgame content but you know when you've beat a game IMO. sometimes it's killing the endboss, sometimes it's seeing the credits roll, sometimes it's getting an achievement or trophy, but you know it in your heart. when the game lets you, i tend to wait and do everything i want to do in the game before beating it, so it doesn't feel anticlimactic.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

imp zone recommendations for good games have taken up all the time I used to spend on bad games and probably would even if my time opened up more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Still laughing about the half a decade. What game was I asking about? Same with your previous post, sir.