Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

We've all been there. We have that special person in our lives, that "main squeeze" if you would, and it's time to ask the ultimate question: "Will you marry me?" but not so fast cowperson! Where are you gonna ask? Gonna slip that ring in a Big Mac? Look like your going to the floor to grab a dropped endless breadstick only to emerge with a ring? Perhaps pop in for some Wendy's Breakfast before you pop the question?

Chain restaurants are good for this because they are familiar and comfortable wherever you visit one anywhere in the world! And you want your special person to feel comfortable and in familiar territory once they settle down with you to have 2.5 children and some kind of fence (still not totally sure how marriage works).

What chain restaurants are best for this and what kind of strategies should be employed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Medieval Times. Ask how much her dowry is.

deep dish peat moss

Anywhere that serves onion rings... save yourself a couple thousand dollars.

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

pop the question in a Chicken Cottage. pick up a pizza for a pound while you’re there.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Manifisto

benihana! have the hibachi chef pretend to accidentally slice your finger off (it's a fake finger obviously) and when the chef hands the finger back to you, it's got a ring on it! this can be presented to the proposee with or without the fake finger, your choice.

ty nesamdoom!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
old country buffet, no question about it. hide the ring in her ice cream sundae

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Golden Corral

At the steak station

The Walrus Cancer

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
Taco Bell. Hide the ring inside the greatest fast food item of all time: the crunchwrap.

deep dish peat moss

Me, approaching 16-year-old minimum wage Taco Bell cashier: Hello, listen, I really need you to hold on to this $5,000 ring for a few days then, when I come in next, I need you to still have it and give it back to me

FutonForensic

it's gotta be red lobster, right? a fine selection of wines, fresh lobster imported directly from maine... and have i mentioned the biscuits??? when you talk to your future spouse, u can call them "my lil lobsterfest"

Escape From Noise

barnold posted:

old country buffet, no question about it. hide the ring in her ice cream sundae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6K7VBb8ENw

Manifisto

FutonForensic posted:

it's gotta be red lobster, right? a fine selection of wines, fresh lobster imported directly from maine... and have i mentioned the biscuits??? when you talk to your future spouse, u can call them "my lil lobsterfest"

the lobster imported circuitously from Maine costs more tho

Manifisto

we took these babies to Japan and the galapagos just because we could

Manifisto

Darwin and his theory of redcrustacean

Manifisto

god dammit red lobster this is gold, give me money

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Gotta be Cracker Barrel. Make them play the peg game and if they leave two or fewer, they’re a keeper.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Arby's. Dine in Arby's. Order the Pile of Ham™ for her and nestle the ring deep within the salty folds. This should be carefully rehearsed beforehand. No horsey sauce

google THIS

IHOP, the International House of Proposals. Get her a little carb comatose on a nice bottle of sirop de maïs à saveur d'érable artificiel and she won't be able to resist you.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Chuck Engagement Cheese

The Walrus Cancer

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
Dairy Queen: Pop that ring right into her Blizzard® treat as an employee demonstrates the ability to hold it upside-down without any spillage.

Areola Grande

op the most important aspect of ur scheme should be making sure she chews on the ring and then has 2 clean the masticated food bits off it before accepting u as her life pardner

Areola Grande

be certain 2 pronounce it "pardner"

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Fudrucker's because if they say "no!" you can say "RUD FUCKERS!" and no one would be worried or anything

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

google THIS posted:

sirop de maïs à saveur d'érable artificiel
:golfclap:

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Not sure about proposing by definitely have the reception at Red Robbin. Invite Bill Gates and the CEO of Sony for some interesting times.

Come armed.

nut

has anyone said somewhere with chicken fingers

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

nut posted:

Raisin' Cane's, for all your marriage, divorce, engagement, children's birthday party and hot tub christening needs.

Prof. Crocodile

Buttchocks posted:

Chuck Engagement Cheese

Manifisto

whichever fast food restaurant is currently having a star trek themed promotion, because when the moment comes you can say "engage!" and combine your proposal with witty wordplay

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fazoli's. Put the ring on a breadstick, tuck it gently into the side of her provel-covered baked spaghetti.

It's romantic.

Escape From Noise

Olive Garden because when you're here, you're (legally binding) family

pseudorandom

Manifisto posted:

benihana! have the hibachi chef pretend to accidentally slice your finger off (it's a fake finger obviously) and when the chef hands the finger back to you, it's got a ring on it! this can be presented to the proposee with or without the fake finger, your choice.

I like the idea of a hibachi place, but I think it'd be better to sneakily place it inside the onion volcano. The ring will be red hot, like your love for each other.

nut posted:

It's not exactly a "restaurant", but I'd say put it inside a Publix chicken tender sub (when they're on sale, of course).

Manifisto

if the volcano could spell MARRY ME BRENDA in smoke signals that would honestly be pretty dope

Khanstant
that lovely steakhouse where people think it's okay to throw peanut shells on the ground

Twenty Four

The Taco Bell proposal, followed up with...

https://www.tacobellwedding.com/

The link is totally worth clicking on for the wtf factor.

Escape From Noise

Twenty Four posted:

The Taco Bell proposal, followed up with...

https://www.tacobellwedding.com/

The link is totally worth clicking on for the wtf factor.

Good! I was worried my Vegas wedding would lack class

A CRAB IRL

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Waga marry me mama

Power Windows

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Mission BBQ

Get there at noon. When everybody stands for the national anthem, whip out your phone and play Wagner's Bridal Chorus.

Manifisto

dippin dots. this is not a jape or tomfoolery, objectively the best chain eatery to propose in is dippin dots. thank me later.

e: if you can find an orange julius this is a close second.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allie

tenderloin/civic center burger king

the junkies will bestow lunges of punches while you’re admired by the bk bitties