Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
sweet fragment of earth between two seas. once it was a paradise and now it's a desert. sandstone gives nothing to the unworthy!

krym will return to its rightful owners, or it will crumble into dust and be lost to the ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

It could go either way yeah

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

in the end we all belong to the sea

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thats my feeling on the matter

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Crimea was such a pain in the Rus Khaganate's side as a defender of Byzantium that eventually even after they took it over they just said gently caress it and and used it to bargain with constantinople to marry into the empire and turn Russia christian forever. So way to go, Crimea. Baptismal font of Mother Russia.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
when i think land of contrasts crimea springs to mind

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

Crimea was such a pain in the Rus Khaganate's side as a defender of Byzantium that eventually even after they took it over they just said gently caress it and and used it to bargain with constantinople to marry into the empire and turn Russia christian forever. So way to go, Crimea. Baptismal font of Mother Russia.
that is because crimea is precious to her children and they will die for her honour

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Crimea river.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

crimea is neither russian nor ukrainian. it is crimean!
i'll kill you in my rear end

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

I knew it, I knew it! The second I saw the thread title. Someone was going to get this joke out. Good job LSBB, you do not disappoint!

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

i will kill each and every one of you in my rear end

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I hear there's a lot of Crimean people there.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

perepelki posted:

I was once called a Hohol. Apparently its a hairstyle?

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Dandywalken posted:

I was once called a Hohol. Apparently its a hairstyle?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Knormal posted:

I hear there's a lot of Crimean people there.

I mean not really lol. The Soviet Union more or less deported all the Crimean Tartars during and after WWII and settled Russians there instead.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Randarkman posted:

I mean not really lol. The Soviet Union more or less deported all the Crimean Tartars during and after WWII and settled Russians there instead.
the deportation included the jewish population of crimea, who had been almost entirely annihilated by the nazis, and the justification given was that those deported were nazi sympathisers

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

the crimean tatars returned. they will not surrender their homeland to the forces of brutal ideology

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Crimea belongs to the goths

Specifically the big tiddy gf variety

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Randarkman posted:

Okay now I've heard there's not a lot of Crimean people there. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Like Crimea is in the middle of the Black Sea. It's all starting to make sense.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

idiost

you loving

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Mooey Cow posted:

:hai:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Crimean cuisine traditionally involves folding fried dough over more fried dough and shouting at it

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

perepelki posted:

thats uncalled for

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
I cannot find it in a google search, but there was some godawful movie I watched long ago that was scifi/dystopian future where the good guys had to beat the evil guys who were cyborgs or some such. There was martial arts and action and such. One of the major plot points though was "the crimean defense" a martial art move so deadly that if the protaganist was able to master it from the teachings of aged teacher, they would be able to defeat all the cyborgs with it. I want to say the main star was someone like Kris Christopherson, but can't seem to match that either.

I was sitting in a hotel room drinking beer, waiting to go skiing the next day, so why the heck not watch it. It was so bad... I kinda wish I could find it so I could re-watch to confirm how bad it was. Writing, directing, acting; just everything was horrible. I was young though, and had never heard of crimea before, so now when I see it in the news I always think of the most deadly martial arts defense against cyborgs, "the crimean defense".

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

Crimean cuisine traditionally involves folding fried dough over more fried dough and shouting at it
it instils strength and masculinity

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Internetjack posted:

I cannot find it in a google search, but there was some godawful movie I watched long ago that was scifi/dystopian future where the good guys had to beat the evil guys who were cyborgs or some such. There was martial arts and action and such. One of the major plot points though was "the crimean defense" a martial art move so deadly that if the protaganist was able to master it from the teachings of aged teacher, they would be able to defeat all the cyborgs with it. I want to say the main star was someone like Kris Christopherson, but can't seem to match that either.

I was sitting in a hotel room drinking beer, waiting to go skiing the next day, so why the heck not watch it. It was so bad... I kinda wish I could find it so I could re-watch to confirm how bad it was. Writing, directing, acting; just everything was horrible. I was young though, and had never heard of crimea before, so now when I see it in the news I always think of the most deadly martial arts defense against cyborgs, "the crimean defense".

2019's "Godzilla: King of Monsters"

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lol

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Funny way of spelling Russia, OP :jail:

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Big Beef City posted:

2019's "Godzilla: King of Monsters"

It may have been the one with Matthew Broderick in it... it was further back but that gets me on the right track. Thanks!

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Strategic Tea posted:

Funny way of spelling Russia, OP :jail:
i will piss into your mouth until you pass away

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

perepelki posted:

You ok man?

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

i'm filled with passion

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

perepelki posted:

*stumbles over boots, uses nonlethal dose of poison, gets prank called by own target* u can't escape the FSB!!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

perepelki posted:

i'm filled with passion

Excellent, carry on

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

perepelki posted:

i'm filled with passion

passion is stored in crimea

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

perepelki posted:

New reg date but a powerful posting style with good turns of phrase that locks into the GBS lexicon, I would say you don't have 2 lurk.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mooey Cow posted:

Taking my next vacation in Crimea.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

*smiles vatnikishly*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU