Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man I need to start posting more again. I think I barely posted in last year's thread, let alone in general.

Please do. You’re a good poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

aldantefax posted:

Thread ideas:

- a thread for new thread ideas

But shouldn't this post go in the thread for new thread ideas? So suggesting the thread for new thread ideas before the thread for new thread ideas exists is getting Gödelian up in here. The forum already has load-bearing bigotry, you can't expect it to handle ontological collapse as well.

aldantefax posted:

I feel as though the items about moving away from "humanity" and to "cyber-humanity" along with the dissociation of the self is what GURPS Transhuman Space and other transhumanist fiction tends to have in spades, though often in a more optimistic lens (not as a strict requirement, just as part of genre convention).

I'm trying to remember where I saw it, but somewhere is a line about how "Transhumanism shows how advances in technology have the potential to change humanity. Cyberpunk shows how they don't."

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The KS dropped PDFs for backers but then the creator hosed off and nobody's heard anything since.

Pirate World PDF posted:

The text contained in this work is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, and will be available online: see https://www.unpopular-mechanics.com/pw/ for details.
The rights to the artwork are reserved by the respective artists.
Full details for each image can be found in Appendix: Image Credit (p22)

Dungeon World Content:
Based on the work of Sage LaTorra and Adam Koebel. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License

Fate Core Content:
This work is based on Fate Core System and Fate Accelerated Edition (found at http://www.faterpg. com/), products of Evil Hat Productions, LLC, developed, authored, and edited by Leonard Balsera, Brian Engard, Jeremy Keller, Ryan Macklin, Mike Olson, Clark Valentine, Amanda Valentine, Fred Hicks, and Rob Donoghue, and licensed for our use under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

My physical copies of LIFTS arrived today. It's the first time an item of mail has addressed me as "Muscle Vagabond". It will not be the last.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Congratulations on being top level now, trad games

:woop:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Spud

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The crossover I never knew I needed. Craig the disinterested tour guide takes a break from Scottish landmarks to tour Castle Ravenloft.

https://twitter.com/EleanorMorton/status/1470714306723565572

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Merry Christmas, ya goddamn needs!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Mr.Misfit posted:

I think the argument has been made several times over the previous years, both in the chat as well as the FATAL thread that mechanical or design quality was not and will never be a standard which leads to enduring gameplay. Which is very sad, but then again, people are biased to take that which they know over that which they have to learn and invest themselves in.

Yup. Also, design quality is orthogonal not just to enduring gameplay, but also to sales in general (which are driven by said gameplay). Therefore, if you can take six months to make a half-functional system for book X, or twelve months to make a well-designed system, both are going to sell just as well, so you wasted those six extra months that could kick out another half-functional book.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Christmas, ya goddamn nerds.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Ah poo poo. RIP.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

BYOS (Bring Your Own Skeleton)

She makes it clear in the (very) small print that if anyone doesn't bring a skeleton, she'll use the one inside them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Happy new year, ya goddamn nerds