Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I recently went in on some game kickstarters. Among them some Zine ones. There was one that I wanted to get, but the kick starter was over. The name of the game is Mother loving Dungeon Punks. Does anyone in here know anything about it and if there's some place to purchase it? I've looked at Drivethru and Itch.io, but I can't find it in either place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Thanks for the correction on the name. That is probably why I was having trouble finding it. Thanks.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Panzeh posted:

On one hand, I do like giving people opportunities to test their tactics and really get good at the game. On the other hand, i do think RPGs where everything laid in front of you is designed to be beatable if you want to straight-up fight it is kinda bad, and i prefer a more sim approach to combat than the bespoke, designer-curated options of 4e or Lancer.

Sometimes, it's good that your group of four rugged survivors in twilight 2000 is going to be fuckin mulched if they try to straight up fight a platoon of Russian soldiers supported by a BMP and maybe they need to find something else to do.

I had a situation like this come up in the T2k game I ran. Only the Spetsnaz team had no BMP and the players didn't realize they were driving into ambush. The Spetsnaz had time to set up an ambush and they had a RPG. A direct hit to their vehicle by the RPG ended them before they or the other Spetsnaz team could do anything. After the fact I could see how this was overkill, but, in my defense, they managed to take out a platoon of Soviet soldiers with a BMP before.

And that was the last timed I GMed.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 28, 2024