Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Game:

Stardew Valley is a video game

The LP:

I'm playing this Co-op with my fiance Grace. We're playing on the new beach farm map that was released a day after we recorded seven episodes for this LP. I'm not bitter about it. Also I really hate writing OPs.

Episodes:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 1 - The Tomato Lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I am going to imagine the lost episodes are just a constant string of Grace shouting "Look Dan, is that a Panda?" before running face first into slimes and bats.

In a kinder timeline, "Dan, Is that a PANDA?" is a national bestselling children's book.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
it's not a panda yet, but it could be.

now if only you could feed your pets pizza.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Grace nabbing your TV while you were watching it was absolutely hilarious. You two together will make this LP absolutely amazing.

Grace: "I met 13 people" - Dan: "I met 14 people" ... (Dan only met 12 people, but didn't want to be shown up by Grace)

This LP is going places.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 3, 2021

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm so excited for this.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If you look at the root structure on the ocean-tree it's clearly a mangrove. They do in fact do that.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Yay! Dan and Grace do a Stardew!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Lone Badger posted:

If you look at the root structure on the ocean-tree it's clearly a mangrove. They do in fact do that.

Well poo poo, I learned something today. Now we just need to figure out how to get an axe over there

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danaru posted:

Well poo poo, I learned something today. Now we just need to figure out how to get an axe over there

Please don't, they're very important to the coastal ecosystem. And they protect against hurricanes and erosion. Just chop down other peoples' houses instead.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 2 - Fracking

This may shock you, but in single player I pretty much spend 100% of the time in the mines.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

By uttering the Pnurtis, Grace has obligated himself to guest in my MLB 07 The Show LP. Poor Turgid K. Pnurtis needs company.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Why DID Grandpa live in a shithole? You'd think Pizza Panda farm would leave grandpa the richest farmer in the world with such a stable niche of "Make Pizza" and "Snack for panda"

I can only assume this is because Grandpa is such a kind person he gave snacks to panda for free.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Hasn't Grandpa been dead for a while?

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

White Coke posted:

I never got very far in the game, so I don't really know, but I think you're supposed to look for grandpa's coming at dawn of the third day, coming from the east.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

White Coke posted:

Well yeah, but dying doesn't reset your pizza mansion with a panda play place back to a single room shack with no basement.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Section Z posted:

Well yeah, but dying doesn't reset your pizza mansion with a panda play place back to a single room shack with no basement.
Maybe he did upgrade it and we don't want to know the state his grandpa had left it in.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

It does if the 'mayor' does a quick switcharoo of the signposts.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Dan, if you wanna eat the beans you should learn how to use a can opener

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Joja killed grandpa's income from making pizzas by ruthlessly undercutting him until he went bust. Thus also causing there to be no more snacks for panda, as if they weren't enough of an abomination already.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Poil posted:

Maybe he did upgrade it and we don't want to know the state his grandpa had left it in.
Grandpa started with an actual, honest to god, shoebox. The house we got had just recently gotten itīs deluxe upgrade when he croaked.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:psyduck: i never realized y'all Canadians say dandelion weird

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i think that's dan doing a dan thing, i've never heard another canuck pronounce it as something other than "dandy-lion"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I'm Canadian and i pronounce it dan-duh-lyon

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
it's pronounced "dan dee lion clock"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

biosterous posted:

i think that's dan doing a dan thing

Hey what the hell :mad:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 3 - Just Get Me High, Man

Wizards always have the best poo poo

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Gunther is dressed as a Union solider, not a Confederate. The Union wore blue and the Confederates wore grey.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I see his hat as more of a pimp outfit than 1800s US Army, although it's not totally dissimilar from the cavalry hats of the era.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, basically, it looks like he's cosplaying a genocider of the western Native Americans. So, still an rear end in a top hat.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Danaru posted:

Hey what the hell :mad:

a "dan" thing as in "dan-dellion"?? that's seriously what i thought you were doing :buddy:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh whoops, it's been a few weeks so I just defaulted to expecting it was about my canadian accent :v: Which unlike what Grace says, is the correct way to pronounce everything :colbert:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Dan voice-acting Lewis is my favorite Dan character :allears:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Danaru posted:

Oh whoops, it's been a few weeks so I just defaulted to expecting it was about my canadian accent :v: Which unlike what Grace says, is the correct way to pronounce everything :colbert:

:ssh: i am also canadian

White Coke
May 29, 2015

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, basically, it looks like he's cosplaying a genocider of the western Native Americans. So, still an rear end in a top hat.

Is Stardew Valley set on Earth? Fantasy elements aside, how closely does its history parallel Earth's?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
gonna title it later, on day 12 of straight shifts and all pain all broken

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Here Dan, this twitter account will help with the pain
@RedPandaEveryHr

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My last surviving and coolest Grandma recently died (Not Covid) So you two loving around farming and immediately threatening to go mad with power at least helped one internet idiot's feelings today.

Racing eachother for the inventory upgrade was beautiful :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 5 - Christmas Is Dead

Hope you're ready to see the headline "Local Gays Ruin Everything" at least twice a month

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Hope you're ready to see the headline "Local Gays Ruin Everything" at least twice a month

I might steal that for the thread title of Dead Rising 2.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
You need to water Circlmastr

You're going to come home one day and you'll just have a cat raisin who hates you

Your cat can't drink ocean water Dan, he'll die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i still maintain that the cat should become a panda https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/tokiris-pet-replacements-fox-wolf-red-panda-update-red-panda-finished.110263/

then it will be incapable of hate