Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

I see you have not met circlmastr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

I might steal that for the thread title of Dead Rising 2.

Unless this is your way of coming out, how dare you try to steal valour :mad:

Oh poo poo last time I saw this it said the panda was still in progress, I'll look into it but we still have like eight episodes in the backlog :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Unless this is your way of coming out, how dare you try to steal valour :mad:

No, I would just make it singular.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm sure it is full of cool stuff once you can break it, but it feels real loving rude to dump a space rock on you in the first month of the game.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Section Z posted:

I'm sure it is full of cool stuff once you can break it, but it feels real loving rude to dump a space rock on you in the first month of the game.

I think there's like a 1% chance to get a meteor each night, so this was just bad (or good) luck.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Section Z posted:

Better than dumping it on you after you've built stuff there, I guess.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Salmonberries can be really good for kickstarting the first year if you've put enough effort into foraging for level 4 so you get two drops instead of one and run around collecting them from all over the map in their season. 11 of the basic kind give you a full days' worth of energy (at least before stardrops come into play), and you can collect something like 300-400 of them that easily lasts until blackberry season (and their base selling price is 5g per berry, so unlike other options you're not really eating into your profits). But this is a casual playthrough so that's all I'll say about that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 5 - Immediately With The Bees

Mayor Lewis looks on in exasperation as Dan and Grace wheel a guillotine into the town square

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Aw gently caress, I could have been collecting coal from those mine carts?" :doh:

I am not a very smart farmer :saddowns:

See also. Weeping on my knees in the rain for my hubris spending all of my pocket change on seeds so I could not pay to upgrade my watering can.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

By the way, new QoL thing from 1.5: there's a button to put everything into a chest that has a pile of itself to join already in there. It's the best button in the world, and I saw you thinking about which items to store away.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 5.5 - poo poo I meant to stitch this onto the last episode but I forg

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Petition to call grace's house the nuttin' shed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 6 - Fifty Six Rocks

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Thank God it rained so circlmastr could drink

That cat hates you

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
When I got a fairy they skipped right past all my good crops to bless half of my wheat :saddowns:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh sweet merciful Yoba you didn't spend the 1000 bucks on a tackle you wouldn't be able to use without the most expensive rod you can't even buy yet.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

GrandmaParty posted:

Thank God it rained so circlmastr could drink

That cat hates you

The ocean's right there, it has all the water it could need.

I mean, it's the same water that gets put into his bowl anyways.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Clearly we need a Plants killed by inappropriate Hoeing counter

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1353443368622317568

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
BTW, I bought this game cause of you. Should I just go all in on beans?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Beans are good but ultimately taters have a better ROI since you have a chance of getting extras per crop harvest. Plus you can actually walk through potato fields whereas beans have that pole forcing rows instead of just giant plots. Parsnips are secretly the best starter crop until you hit practical farming limits, though, because you can buy a shitload of them for a relatively small amount of money (1000G will get 50 parsnips vs. 20 potatoes, for example). After you hit practical farming limits and have money left over, you can switch to potatoes for the rest of the season.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

CIRCLMASTER, THOU ART REMADE IN THE IMAGE OF PIZZA PANDA

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I wish I were a panda.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 7 - Why Past Tense?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That sure was a dance... :stare:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wait, what kind of moon calendar goes Sunday to Saturday? I guess if you already order dates in the dumbest way possible (MM/DD/YY), you also butcher calendars.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Why can't you eat the bats for mining energy :argh: But at least you got through the bullshit ladders in the dark zone already.

Also don't be mean to old newspapers, they are why I was able to luck into finishing a bundle early :saddowns:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Calendars go Monday-Sunday. The Friday-Sunday period is called weekend for a reason :colbert:

(This is another one of those things where the US, and Canada as a result of the US' influence, do things differently from the rest of the world, isn't it)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Sunday and saturday are the weekend because they're the ends of the week, like bookends.

Is this an actual thing or am I getting pranked right now because :wtc: who the gently caress starts the week on monday

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Danaru posted:

Sunday and saturday are the weekend because they're the ends of the week, like bookends.

Is this an actual thing or am I getting pranked right now because :wtc: who the gently caress starts the week on monday

Garfield

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Danaru posted:

Wikipedia posted:

While, for example, the United States, Canada, Brazil, Japan and other countries consider Sunday as the first day of the week, and while the week begins with Saturday in much of the Middle East, the international ISO 8601 standard[a] and most of Europe has Monday as the first day of the week.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
This is going in the book of grudges :mad: I'm not taking this kind of sass from a continent

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Danaru posted:

Wouldn't they be called weekends if that was true? Also if you believe the bible god rested on the seventh day, sunday. Which means god started work on a monday like everybody else. So it is even by divine decree.

Most of the world does. Just like with celsius and metric and a proper 24 hour clock. Obey and embrace it for the better, you know you want to. Yes you totally do. Deep down, where all the precious things like iridium and gems and prismatic shards are.

Poil fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 31, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Celsius and 24h clock are both dope, but itll be a cold day in hell before I acknowledge fuckin Monday as the first day of the week. Absolutely revolting.

Also I dont care what God thinks the week should be like, the days of the week are an Earth matter and Heaven no longer has any say :mad:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 31, 2021

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Poil posted:

Wouldn't they be called weekends if that was true? Also if you believe the bible god rested on the seventh day, sunday. Which means god started work on a monday like everybody else. So it is even by divine decree.

This is actually the reason that Seventh Day Adventists exist. While many branches of Christianity take the "days" as metaphors, 7DA think everyone else is loving stupid for celebrating the sabbath on Sunday when it's clearly supposed to be on Saturday because God rested on the seventh day, and that is Saturday. Look, even my calendar says so!

There's also a bit of an argument about how Sunday has to be the first day because light, and subsequently the sun, was created on the first day. And then the creation of the firmament and the seas on the second day fits with the moon (Monday) because of tides and people really like reading things into old books.

E: All that being said, the whole thing is for aesthetic calendar reasons. Bookending the work week is supposed to make the weekend "look" bigger because it's sandwiching the weekdays. Not sure I agree with that or not, but that was literally the reason, as I understand it.

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 31, 2021

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Interesting.

But doesn't the weekend look longer if it's two days together rather than split up into two single days? :shrug:

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Well, you can mark me down as another convinced to buy the game because of this LP. Although, it's not just because the game seems nice and fun and chill. Watching your, uh, "haphazard" farming triggers my particular OCD and ends up with me breaking out the graph paper and making this:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Well, you can mark me down as another convinced to buy the game because of this LP. Although, it's not just because the game seems nice and fun and chill. Watching your, uh, "haphazard" farming triggers my particular OCD and ends up with me breaking out the graph paper and making this:

Oops, grace used a pickaxe on your crops and they’re not symmetrical anymore

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Felinoid posted:

There's also a bit of an argument about how Sunday has to be the first day because light, and subsequently the sun, was created on the first day. And then the creation of the firmament and the seas on the second day fits with the moon (Monday) because of tides and people really like reading things into old books.

Right, cause the bible was originally in English :jerkbag:
In Hebrew Sunday is literally called "first" (rishon), Monday is "second" (sheni) etc.

This LP makes me wish I was gay on a farm
I can't stand fishing in this game or have any friends to do it for me tho :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 8 - What An rear end in a top hat

Chickens! :toot: I always thought ranching was more interesting than farming