Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning Sensation
Sep 2, 2006

Apropos of nothing.
You can regenerate a little energy by just lying in the bed (i.e. just "standing" in it). No need to hork down dubious-looking foodstuffs when you're in a jam on the farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Eggs sell for 50g. But you'll be getting better ones very quickly, up to an amazing 190. Unless you starve or otherwise mistreat the poor things. Keep the hatch open you monsters! Free range outdoor eggs or bust!

I creatively named my chickens:
Chicken
ElPollo
Shane
:downs:

Poil fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 2, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 8 - What An rear end in a top hat

Chickens! :toot: I always thought ranching was more interesting than farming

Video's showing up as still unlisted, BTW.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
God dammit, fixed

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Poil posted:

Keep the hatch open you monsters! Free range outdoor eggs or bust!

I always close the door at night because I need to make sure I pet them all, and it's harder to do that when they're hidden in the tall grass like lovely pokemon.

edit: speaking of, probably oughta give them some grass to eat in their enclosure or they're definitely gonna run around the south end of that fence.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm probably going to step up updates over the next couple days, since honestly this episode was so long ago I dont really remember much about it :frog: work's been nuts since december and is only kinda starting to slow down now, and we used most of our recording days playing stardew instead of doing the responsible thing and updating any of our other 17 projects.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Danaru posted:

we used most of our recording days playing stardew instead of doing the responsible thing and updating any of our other 17 projects.

other threads: aw man, it's been a while since the Chimera Squad LP updated

me, awaiting MGS4: :getin:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
8 beans does not make a farm

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

GrandmaParty posted:

It's better than what Grandpa was doing before we showed up, that dead bitch

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

GrandmaParty posted:

A farm can be many things.

8 beans

6 parsnips and 2 potatoes

4 strawberries and 4 rhubarbs

What matters is the love

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Danaru posted:

It's better than what Grandpa was doing before we showed up, that dead bitch

Grandpa was cultivating a small seasonal garden for fresh herbs while spending all his time in the mines.

Nobody knows why he needed a massive farm for this.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

GrandmaParty posted:

It's almost season change. Providing they don't spend all their money on chickens, they'll be able to do some proper agriculture come summer

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 8 - What An rear end in a top hat

Chickens! :toot: I always thought ranching was more interesting than farming

Running around petting and collecting from a bunch of coop animals. "Wheeee!" :buddy:

Running around trying to get your milk pail to interact with the correct cow or goat instead of the pixel above/below them, or the second animal stubbornly standing on the same tile "Mother. FUCKER." :argh:

CHiRAL posted:

This LP makes me wish I was gay on a farm
I can't stand fishing in this game or have any friends to do it for me tho :sigh:

All of your other skills seem very much about "You are better at this now", while fishing instead is "You are poo poo at this until you grind it up". With the added insult to injury of "Buy a new fiberglass rod to unlock using BAIT, when FISHING... PS it doesn't actually make fishing easier gently caress you." Because your catch zone not being poo poo is reliant on your skill rank, so you are burning bait to fail catching a squid or whatever faster.

Being a coward and grinding up my fishing (I didn't know until later that piles of perfect catches are bonus exp) in the mountains until I could get the best rod to equip "This DOES make fishing easier!" accessories helped me not want to kill myself, even if I'm sighing wistfully over out of season bundle fish I missed year 1.

...That and RNG still seems to matter most of all. My first shot at ice fishing contest, I got 8-10 pieces of trash and was one fish short from the goal for a sailor hat. Reloading the day, for the do over I got five fish in a row with 30 seconds still left on the clock :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 3, 2021

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Nah gently caress fishing in this game. It's not fun and I'm not doing it.

My friend linked me to a mod for making it easier I can't find atm but it is out there if you wanna look it up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 9 - Sounds Like The Wizard's Problem

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Hat shopping making Dan angry while he fishes just gives me the sudden feeling that somehow, Grace will win the ice fishing hat instead of Dan.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 10 - You Can Talk To Birds?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The end of this video made me realize there are no scarecrows anywhere near the ancient fruit :ohdear:

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
The huge cicada brood is coming this year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brood_X

It's time for the trees to yell at us all summer.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 11 - In The Down

This was the only episode of Stardew we recorded this night since I was in really bad shape from work. You might notice I'm somewhat more uh, not well this episode.

We also played Spelunky 2 that night and it may shock you to see our team work does NOT improve

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 11 - In The Down

This was the only episode of Stardew we recorded this night since I was in really bad shape from work. You might notice I'm somewhat more uh, not well this episode.

We also played Spelunky 2 that night and it may shock you to see our team work does NOT improve

Yeah we were watching and my wife asked if you were drunker than normal

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My farm cat is constantly hiding out of sight behind my coop and barn, and yours hangs out with you while you farm. So you may be doing something right when you shout "I did water everything!" while walking past an empty water bowl.

...I am also failing to think of any good way to phrase "Shopkeeper shouldn't get so mad for being blown on."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 12 - The Super-Hitler Store

:toot: Panda time!

E: there we go

Danaru fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 13, 2021

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Now make me a panda in real life and everything would be perfect.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

CirclMastr posted:

Now make me a panda in real life and everything would be perfect.

Learn to survive off seawater and we'll talk

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I am kinda POed at stardew now. Level 19 of the mine. Only pathway is blocked by a big rock that my copper pickaxe can't do poo poo to it. So now I have a catch 22. I need iron to get past it but the only iron in past it

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I've never seen a boulder that requires an iron pickaxe and goes 'tink' with anything lesser in the mines. Big rocks that take more hits, sure, but no boulders as on the farm.

Even if you're really seeing exactly that, level 19 is a random floor, so you can just come back later and there won't be a boulder there anymore. If that floor isn't changing, I'd then guess you're using a mod that's doing that.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

GrandmaParty posted:

Learn to survive off seawater and we'll talk

I learned recently that cats actually have good enough kidneys that they can. So Circlmastr the cat was in fact totally fine.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I regret to inform you that the fruit you use in the area that requires the better axe is not the starfruit, and as far as I know you spent that 3000 for a regular fruit with no special uses.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
I'm also pretty sure that plant on your farm got hit by lightning and is, in fact, dead.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

I regret to inform you that the fruit you use in the area that requires the better axe is not the starfruit, and as far as I know you spent that 3000 for a regular fruit with no special uses.

Not quite, there's a quest you can complete that requires a Starfruit. That said, you're right, but they do have the Rare Seed to get that in fall.

e: To properly check if a plant is dead, you need to use the scythe. The sword itself won't get rid of dead crops for some reason even though it's good enough to clear weeds.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

What's the thing you can do with a starfruit? Is it that dinosaur skeleton that you feed for one of Qi's errands? I just came back to the game after a long time and stuff that's not the new late-game content is a little fuzzy in my memory.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

What's the thing you can do with a starfruit? Is it that dinosaur skeleton that you feed for one of Qi's errands? I just came back to the game after a long time and stuff that's not the new late-game content is a little fuzzy in my memory.

Kent asks for it for his birthday.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 13 - Straight To The Bottom

Technically it's mid-February so we're ahead of schedule :colbert:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

The game is literally titled "Zombies!!!!" I think

Or at least that's what the wiki page says

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah that's 100% the game. It rules

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The ghostfish came from the ghost you killed. Why do ghosts carry ghostfishes? :iiam:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I deeply sympathize with the seemingly simple problem of earth crystal shortages because I didn't even sell any of mine and I only had barely enough for my mayo machines.

"Okay I have a max size coop now, how many spare crystals do I have?... loving four? Wow lucky break there huh?"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 14 - Fourty Eight Uninterrupted Hours

Seriously Clint you can take five seconds to bust these geodes :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Alex works out in that small workout area of the spa in winter.