Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Grace posted:

i can give you gay poo poo, wholesome though? what channel do you think you're watching? i think i need a counter for how many abortion jokes i make

I tune in for a healthy relationship. Also Larry the Cable adovocating you murder your landlord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

all i hear is discussion of panda going flat

the panda went flat because of all the abortions it had. Just so many abortions. Its insides are like totally empty now.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I think I arrived at a weird moment in this thread but anyway.

I got very into the mobile iOS version of Stardew Valley recently after kind of forgetting about it for a while. This version hasn’t had all the new content added yet. I can therefore helpfully say that, once your (kind of tedious in-game) first year and a half are through, all the pre-1.5 goals in the game should take about a (real time) month or two. The website Stardew Checkup was essential here, since it lists all the goals and how far along you are.

Also, you two are astoundingly lucky in getting the Ancient Seed right away. That was my Nemesis Item.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i kept finding ancient seeds, not realizing they were anything more than museum artifacts, and tossing them in the bin like all other repeat artifacts

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 22 - I Don't Want To Be In Jail

:negative:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

So there is (or more likely was) a way to save that haul of ore: talk to Marion after you collapse in the mines and you can pay to save one of the item stacks you lost. He can only rescue a stack of items from your most recent death though, so if you die again before using the service, you'll have lost your shot at retaining the first haul.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Just saw this in the Schadenfreude thread and it made me think of this LP.

https://i.imgur.com/LgiOQzY.mp4

Red Pandas, cute, fluffy and almost as dumb as their big cousins.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Ninurta posted:

Just saw this in the Schadenfreude thread and it made me think of this LP.

https://i.imgur.com/LgiOQzY.mp4

Red Pandas, cute, fluffy and almost as dumb as their big cousins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajbt3-YyE4s

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Pandas are actually very smart and can be trained to do pretty advanced stuff, the problem is that they won't do anything they don't feel like unless you have a LOT of apples. One panda was trained to show their teeth to the trainer so they could be brushed, and the panda really hated that. I can't find it now though :negative:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 23 - Eerie Silence

The soundtrack is so good why does it keep disappearing :saddumb:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Pandas are actually very smart and can be trained to do pretty advanced stuff, the problem is that they won't do anything they don't feel like unless you have a LOT of apples.

Boy I can relate to that.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

Danaru posted:

Pandas are actually very smart and can be trained to do pretty advanced stuff, the problem is that they won't do anything they don't feel like unless you have a LOT of apples.

That's not a problem, just a demonstration of their smartness, holding out for as big a bribe as possible like that. What about grapes though?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Danaru posted:

On the other hand, they will happily trade babies for apples one for one.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Zurai posted:

On the other hand, they will happily trade babies for apples one for one.

When Pandas trust their keeper (usually the second litter when they realize the keepers will give them a break from the constantly pouncing children), Mama pandas will bring the babies out of the nest to show off to the humans :kimchi: They uh, don't do that in the wild of course

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Thanks, I grew up with some cute, floofy, definately doofy Siberian Huskies. Doofy is the best word for them, they were... Huskies. Best of luck with the Pizza Panda farm.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 24 - Fresh Water Ocean

We will never, ever remember where we put those crab pots.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 24 -

haven't had time to skim the episode for a title, honestly not even sure if I'm actually posting the episode or just thinking about it really hard. need a vacation but right now I'm the only person who can cover vacation shifts

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

You guys are quotable, there's plenty in the first couple minutes. "Why don't you swing your sword about it?" or "Whoops, now I'm twice" are both good.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
"Pierre appreciates my business", "Why are there so many newspapers in this pond?", or "Ooh, fruit!".

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Pierre appreciates nothing but his own business acumen.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Pierre appreciates nothing but his own business acumen.

So he appreciates nothing

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

So with regards to the Stardew Valley Fall Festival, do not worry too much about your display. Have a wide variety of high-quality or rare items: gold-star crops, smelted metals, rare fish, extra artifacts, mayonnaise, gems, the Mayor’s shorts, rare monster drops, Ancient Fruit jam, and so on. Remember, you get to keep everything you display.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 25 - What Did You Just Do

Grace has an amazing talent for never giving a straight answer, if he bothers to answer at all

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

HOW TO BEES:

Step 1: Have bees.

There is no step 2.

They just pop out honey sometimes. You can make it more valuable if you plant flowers near them, but basically they just pop out free money every few days. No need to put anything into them like with crab pots and bait.

edit: I guess you guys looked this up by the end of the episode but whatever, gotta :justpost:

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 20, 2021

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
He's marrying a guy, why are you surprised he isn't straight with you?

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
The whole thing with the quests needing new items really is bullshit. It's caught me off guard a few times, cause it almost never makes sense as part of the quest.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
So if you haven't found your previous crab pots yet, I think you put them down at the beach near Elliot's house. (I think his name is Elliot? The snooty writer who thinks he's also Fabio.)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Felinoid posted:

So if you haven't found your previous crab pots yet, I think you put them down at the beach near Elliot's house. (I think his name is Elliot? The snooty writer who thinks he's also Fabio.)

And I'm pretty sure that literally while he did that he was saying "I will never remember where I put these".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm a man of my word :smugbert:

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

It’s good to have crab pots in both freshwater (river, lakes) and the ocean, since they catch different creatures in each. Also trash, but that’s what the recycling machine is for.

I think hardwood regenerates every day. At least the stumps do. I’m running a forest farm so it might be different.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Rahonavis posted:

It’s good to have crab pots in both freshwater (river, lakes) and the ocean, since they catch different creatures in each. Also trash, but that’s what the recycling machine is for.

I think hardwood regenerates every day. At least the stumps do. I’m running a forest farm so it might be different.

Stumps regen in the secret forest everyday. Also crabpots when harvested give fishing xp so make Grace do it.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Give the boy toddler a snail. He fuckin loves snails.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

bunnyofdoom posted:

Stumps regen in the secret forest everyday. Also crabpots when harvested give fishing xp so make Grace do it.

Ah, good catch! I can’t believe I forgot this since it probably accounted for most of my fishing XP. I agree with Grace, the fishing mini game is murder. Don’t even get me started on the Legends.

You’ll want to clear the grass off your farm to fill your silo for the winter before the end of Fall; might even want to invest in a second silo. And upgrade your chicken coop because you need more bird friends! They’ll be your main source of income during the winter, when you can’t grow crops. You’ll also want the incubator (E: that comes with the next coop upgrade) in case you have the good luck to find some unusual eggs...

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 25, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Where the hell do I get the incubator, I was honestly starting to think it wasnt in the game :shepface:

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Danaru posted:

Where the hell do I get the incubator, I was honestly starting to think it wasnt in the game :shepface:

It comes with the upgraded coop

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

It comes with the upgraded coop

:cripes: god dammit

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 26 - Wrong

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I can't wait to find out that Grace was just carrying the entire wood stack and didn't realize it, or something like that. :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 27 - Diabetic Horse Piss

Sometimes episodes are hard to title, but other times you just get lucky

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Grace is correct, it's wear and tear. All types of fence just fall apart eventually, though some last longer than others. The only way to prevent that totally is a very late-game thing that's far enough away that I'd be surprised to see you take the LP that far. 10 million G isn't cheap, but then again it's a magic clock that halts entropy so :shrug:

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Finally someone who shares my opinions on Mountain Dew. So many of my friends seem to love it and I just don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 28 - Hi Fabio

So this session was recorded on April 26th :negative: and the session before was in March.

Within a month or so I should be on my nearly-full-time shift which will make it so we have a regular recording schedule!! Hopefully soon!!!!!!!! I want to kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!