Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 28 - Hi Fabio

So this session was recorded on April 26th :negative: and the session before was in March.

Within a month or so I should be on my nearly-full-time shift which will make it so we have a regular recording schedule!! Hopefully soon!!!!!!!! I want to kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You work too drat much.

Kat and I spend a lot of time watching this and yelling about how poor you are in Fall. How are you this poor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

GrandmaParty posted:

You work too drat much.

Kat and I spend a lot of time watching this and yelling about how poor you are in Fall. How are you this poor?

dan is playing stardew properly.

by loving around, occasionally growing beans, and watching circlmastr go flat

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

GrandmaParty posted:

Personally, I blame society

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

You inherited the means of production!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Danaru posted:

And yet you remain part of society. How curious.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Anchovies on pizza are absolutely a thing and they are delicious.

So is other seafood on pizza, by the way.

No pizza rules.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 29 - It's Granite

So yeah this was a two episode session because we recorded a really long thing beforehand. But we're recording tonight! :toot: if you've got issues to raise, you got like seven hours before we start

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I'd like to raise the issue of you playing Dwarf Fortress at some point now that maybe with the UI I'll have any goddamn idea what I'm looking at.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I would figuratively kill to LP dorf fort, the only reason we havent is because the game burns Grace's eyes. When the graphical version actually exists that'll absolutely be a priority

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Why haven't you upgraded your coop yet? You get incubator and ducks! DUCKS DAN!

Also the pumpkin goes to Caroline so she can carve a jack o'latern with her daughter from the wizard. (Eat poo poo Pierre).

Clint's quest, if you manage to do it, gives you a geode cracker, so you don't need to keep going to him to open em.

Demetrius' big board one gives you the recipe to make a farm computer.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Oh yeah! Ducks are extra cute; they'll go in the water and swim around if you open the fence to the beach. And they will say quack.

Also, the geode cracker sucks less than Clint on account of being "literally anything" but also you still end up going to him when you have a whole pile of geodes because it's slow and eats coal to work.

Demitrius's Farmputer is nice when you've got a big old farm full of buildings that hide stuff to track, but you don't really need it any time soon. Though it does make a fun "tech" noise when you talk to it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 30 - Riveting Dialogue

It's a new session! And one we actually played for more than two episodes! :toot:

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
"Who throws a maple seed in the garbage?"

*Proceeds to immediately throw the maple seed in the garbage to make room for a stone*

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 31 - Baby Huey

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

quote:

U.S. President Bill Clinton in a 1993 conversation cited his similarities to Baby Huey: "I'm a lot like Baby Huey. I'm fat. I'm ugly. But if you push me down, I keep coming back."[8]

Another reason to hate Baby Huey

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
For a brief moment, I thought it was about MGS' Huey as a baby, a disturbing image I'd be remiss not to inflict upon y'all.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Now that you have the big backpack, I really have to recommend pressing TAB to cycle through inventory lines. Once you get used to it, it's wayyyyy quicker than trying to move stuff to the top line as you need it.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Just Winging It posted:

For a brief moment, I thought it was about MGS' Huey as a baby, a disturbing image I'd be remiss not to inflict upon y'all.

same.

dan is mgs baby huey worse than duck baby huey

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

same.

dan is mgs baby huey worse than duck baby huey

If I had a panda picture handy, you'd be probated for asking me this

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 32 - Wizard Shirt

I do not at all remember this skull cave being here

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

This ain't skull cave
This is just a linear dungeon with a good reward

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 33 - Three Digits Of Bait

Dudes rock

E:https://i.imgur.com/JW47mJU.mp4

WHOOPS VIDEO'S HECKED UP AT THE 26 MINUTE MARK I'M FIXING IT

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 17, 2021

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Pandas shouldn't do cocaine Danaru

Edit: A bear doesn't poo poo in the woods. He does it on Reagan's grave

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 17, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:Same Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 33 - CirclMastr Loves You.♥

Okay, same episode, new title, zero minute long freezes I hope

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 33 - CirclMastr Loves You.♥

Okay, same episode, new title, zero minute long freezes I hope

nah there's still one at ~38:00 to 39:20 :v:

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Item quality doesn't matter when it comes to making mayonnaise, a regular Egg will always give regular quality mayonnaise, and a Large Egg will always give gold-star quality mayonnaise.

And yes, go off more about the horrible poo poo that happened to indigenous people. Canada loves to present itself as a nice and friendly country, when it's built on a genocide that continues to this day. It's one of the most legitimate things to be loving angry as gently caress about.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 34 - I Was The Wrong One

You've made a powerful enemy, Clint.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
You are also dudes <3

Edit: Emily is totally gonna have a j/o session to light up those crystals.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 26, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 34 - I Was The Wrong One

You've made a powerful enemy, Clint.

Couldn't the devs just have put a prompt that says "Giving this thing to Emily will complete one of two quests, which one do you want to complete?"

I understand that this is like, the most extreme edge case and 99% of people playing this game will never run into it. But still.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

All time classic opener on this episode

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 35 - Metaphorically Suplex

https://redpandafinder.com/

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
There is some weird spliced footage from ~0:05 to 0:47 that definitely does not match with the normal sounding audio playing, and then shows again at its proper time from ~1:30 to 2:12.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 36 - Tree Babies

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

You know you can milk cows every single day? Big money maker.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Dan, do milk.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I milk them when I remember to :mad: Being a farmer is hard okay

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Fun fact: cows (and also chicken) aren't "natural" in that they didn't evolve on their own, but were selected by humans to enhance their useful characteristics, which are meat and milk for cows and meat and eggs for chicken. There are several breeds of cows and chicken, each with its own aptitude: chicken breeds which are good for meat aren't good for eggs, and vice versa, and same with meat and milk for cows.

The ancestors of chicken are still-existing jungle birds which live somewhere in Asia, and are completely innocuous. The ancestors of cows, on the other hand, were aurochs, which were hilariously buff murderbovines which lived in Europe and could very easily kill you if they wanted to. (That's another trait that was selected in cows: docility.)

Aurochs went extinct in the 1600s.

Also: cows smell, but they're nothing compared to pigs. Pigs absolutely stink. And the smell sticks to your clothes, and sometimes doesn't come out even in the wash.

Chicken and other poultry are clean-ish. Cows a bit less so. Working with pigs sucks a whole lot.

(It's me, I'm the girl who works in the farming industry, hi.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 37 - Jesus Shirt

Sewing myself a shirt and realizing the weird small town cult symbol showed up on the front, get out of here with that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Stardew Valley Episode 38 - Pearl

So hey actually I really hate fishing now

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Gotta eat that fish taco first! (or whatever +fishing food, but I stand by my phrasing)

Also whatever the tackle thing is that slows down fish progress decay is really helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Among regular fish, lingcod has the highest difficulty rating, making it a right pain in the rear end to catch, even if the RNG god deigns your worthy of spawning one, because they definitely seem to occur less often than other fish in the same locale.