Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Twitter is so goddamn bad. It's honestly probably 20% of why the net turned into garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Facebook is a big part of it as well.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

We don't actually know their hearts, but I agree with you that there's a lot of people who use being on the left to polish their moral vanity and little else.

I am very disappointed that I didn't get a single Google alert or see anything in the mainstream about Ray's stance. Typical, but it's still disappointing. He needs someone to amplify his voice and nobody is stepping up.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Look I try to stay out of the idpol stuff and just stick to facts but "Geoff Johns wouldn't treat a black guy like poo poo because he's married to an Asian lady and half Lebanese" is really honestly throwing me for one. That is just an insane thing to say, in my opinion.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I am hoping that this "parody" was chalk full of clues to what is really happening and we can go back later and appreciate it. Because if it was supposed to be entertaining on its own...... Yowza.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If Captain America were a real person, and not just an idealized version of a person, he would definitely be a MAGA supporter.

That's definitely one outcome but based on my speaking with middle-aged vets he would be a neolib that talked about healing America and the Constitution while voting for the usual gang of Third-Way geriatrics who play footsies with the authoritarians under the table.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Lib: "you're an evil person! a dangerous extremist who wants the majority of people to eat poo poo. You should eat poo poo instead!"
Con: "wow? telling me I should eat poo poo? Treating me badly because I went to another country and made them eat poo poo before coming back home to try to make everyone else eat poo poo? you dare impugn my actions?"
Lib: "I'M SORRRRRRRY!"

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm not sure which guy in your head is worse :ohdear:

Oh. It's the conservative. But the sheer craven cowardice of the lib is very annoying.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

My only real problem with Blade is that they date the flashback to 1968. Without that, it would be extremely hard to place exactly when it was filmed as it's pretty much in a gormless pastiche of 1994 - 2007 or so. Could even be today if you ignore the cars.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

teagone posted:

Blade doesn't feel like a 90s movie to me.

And obviously not to me either. I am curious what exactly is making it feel 90s to CP.

edit: new page, so I added a quoted post

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 23, 2021

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Real bad day for critics in general on the blogosphere.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Can I just say that one of my personal pet peeves is "journalists" who claim that they have secret information and won't share it with anyone? Why the heck are you a journalist then? What they actually are is functionally a courtier for the industry they're reporting on.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 26, 2021

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I really don't understand why y'all read Twitter. I really don't. It is literally designed to piss you off.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Fuckin' love social media, where the most obnoxious, stupid members of every demographic become its herald! Yeeeeah baby let's kill each other over Tweets, Big Tech gotta get paid!

There's no reason to participate in modern social media in any way beyond "finding funny stuff" which is why I'm still on this forum, participating in a tried-and-true form of social media that isn't even 10% as toxic as that poo poo.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Just want to point out that Blockbuster Video was basically created because a bunch of Irony Posters wanted to do movietalk in the same stupid way it's done everywhere else outside of this forum (i.e. basically clique-based cheering and high-fives, the posting equivalent of a reaction video) and it completely flopped and is a total wasteland with less than two dozen active users.

You simply do not get this kind of discourse on forums. In fact, this kind of whining to a referee or tangential person ("see what your fans are doing?" = "mods? mods!!!!") was roundly mocked for over a decade in pretty much every online space, and it's now the primary means by which people communicate on these lovely platforms. Just a continuous spew of dogpiling, fake flagging, circle-jerking each other off for not being the other guys. Absolutely disgusting behavior

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Facebook has moderators and their jobs are hellish PTSD generating nightmares.

That's because Facebook doesn't actually care and it's a CYA move (that didn't work in Myanmar, where they facilitated a genocide - coming soon to a country near you!)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

RBA Starblade posted:

The double salute used to solidify that they were double Nazis was amazing

It is literally one of my favorite parts of the movie. In the theater when they first did it I let out a loud guffaw and everyone around looked at me. I got embarrassed...that they didn't realize how cool and funny it was!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Well, for argument's sake let's assume Eliza Dushku was one of the actresses he got with on Buffy. She gave him what he wanted, so he gave her what she wanted. Perhaps Amy Acker did too. I mean, it's not nice to think about but it does happen, and I can't blame someone for wanting to get ahead in their career (please note that I am NOT saying this is acceptable! just that these Hollywood sickos engineer these situations specifically to make it hard to say no and for the participants to feel bad about it after so they don't expose them!)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

DC Murderverse posted:

I appreciate how the three of them are still dressed like nerdy high schoolers even when not in character

Oy, guvner! Fancy a bit of Spider-Manin'?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I know I've said this at least a half dozen times but I have a cousin that works for Disney and they treated (and continue to treat) her like absolute poo poo, Disney is a garbage company, we have bad copyright laws because of them, they are the worst. The worst!!!!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Look it's true that MCU "crossover" stuff tends to be perfunctory and cameo-y but the idea of Holland getting bullied by a twitchy Hardy is just too drat good. I want to see it, as well as the inevitable team-up scene where Hardy's Venom form adds a big ole' spider to his chest as a show of solidarity.

Since every time I post one of these fanfic-y requests it actually happens ("I want a Moon Knight show" "bring back Blade") I'm putting this out into the world.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

If you've ever read JJ Abrams's Superman: Flyby you should be very, very concerned at this news.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

or any of Coates' comics, for that matter

I have not read them. What's the scoop here?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

they're just really, really boring (the Black Panther ones that I read anyway, although I heard the Captain America ones weren't any better). he's a good essayist but a bad comic book writer.

Well Superman is famously easy to make non-boring, so I wish him luck! lol we're hosed

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Grendels Dad posted:

After recent events, I just really don't look forward to Abrams commenting on the character's legacy in any way, shape or form. You just loving know it's gonna be "his" take on the character and it's got to be novel, energetic and unlike anything we've seen before.

Absolutely nobody is going to remember the movie 3 months after it comes out, so don't worry.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Honestly Grant Morrison's Obama Superman has aged horrifically.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Chairman Capone posted:

Again, this is a product of being very online (although I actually don't think I met any supporters of hers in the real world, so...) but I feel like every Elizabeth Warren supporter for some reason was super into Harry Potter.

I know 3 Warren supporters IRL (although to 2 of their credit, they voted for Bernie in the primary after it became clear Warren could not win) and yes, all 3 love Harry fuckin' Potter.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The reason this feels so bad is because civil rights are being run as a PR campaign now and not a political project. :(

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

You have to ask yourself why the real, actual CIA hosts a page regarding Black Panther.

https://www.cia.gov/stories/story/wakandan-technology-today-a-cia-scientist-explores-the-possibilities/

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

That article is correct. The Russos have successfully injected their politics into their MCU movies. Sadly, their politics are neoliberal garbage.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The United States posted:

He's just playing Dennis Rodman

I last saw Demolition Man as a teen in the theaters, but I can recall nothing coded about him. He just seems like Snipes doing Rodman with extra theatricality. Honestly iirc his look is quite campy.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I'm going to give them a little credit and say they probably had 1/5th or less of the budget MoS had for that fight. But yeah it was mediocre.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I had no idea Wandavision was that expensive. Wow! I really did not see that kind of money on the screen, I'm sorry to say. But if Robot Style is right, I wasn't meant to.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I would be fairly confident in saying that the John Williams Superman leitmotif probably plays as much in his movies as Wonder Woman's hollerin' does in ZSJL, but William's score is far less aggressive and far more triumphant so fewer people are bothered by it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

My biggest problem with that entire soundtrack was the part where they played the ancient lamentation over a scene of Superman holding his wolf amulet and saying "place of power....gotta be!" Very strange choice from Zack Snyder.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

teagone posted:

Premier Access is the new PPV.

Correct, this is exactly how it is structured.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Keaton should be vaccinated at this point though. I don't know a single person over 65 in CA that hasn't been vaccinated (except for a couple weirdos who think Bill Gates is trying to microchip them)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

CelticPredator posted:

He can’t talk any more if I recall.

He can but not much above a whisper. :(

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Grendels Dad posted:

I watched that one yesterday. Fun enough, but it kind of made me wish for another Elvira movie.

Ok, you nailed it. That's EXACTLY the kind of energy I was getting from that film, but couldn't put it into words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Snyder Universe has been dead for years