Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017
BBCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

AACA

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
A
A
B
A

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
BACA

Read it backwards :v:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

BACA

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
BBBA

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

AACA

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

S T A R M E T A L C A S T E
BBAB. What kind of a medieval kingdom only has one settlement? And central planning?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
BBAB

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
B A C A

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
BBBA

Maximum rustic

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Libluini posted:

BACA

Read it backwards :v:

Your thinking is the kind I like

BACA

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

BBBB

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

BACA

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
BBBB

Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance
I will give you one fair chance
So let's make this dance a bloody masquerade
BBBB

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Organic is the way to go

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
BAAB

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Damanation posted:

1: A
2: B
3: C
4: B

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

BBCB

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Vote results – Organic Growth, dispersed, stately, grand keep

Journal of King Grey Hunter I. - Part 2 – The bare necessities.

Spring Year 1

I have decided that the center of our fine town will be the keep, a defended position that will contain the most important buildings. Beyond that, we will spread the people out across the land to cut down travel time.

My first command is to lay down a pasture, a farm and a warehouse, all behind the throneroom.

Resources will come from the nearby rocks and wood.

The peasants get to work.

Work continues, and three more people have come to join the endeavour.

Summer Year 1

Summer is here, and I organise a foraging party to collect wild edables. Fruit is far from the city, but needed for our fruit farm.

Autumn Year 1

The people will not go that far from the “town” to collect the fruit – they say it is not safe. I point out that we have not seen anything hostile, but they shake their heads and refuse to go. The fruit field lies empty.

I am forced to set up a fishery – if they will not collect fruit, let them eat fish! I also lay down a carpenters to make furniture.

Winter year 1

We find our first corpse. Ivan starved to death before we could finish the fishery. He is found dead slumped against the wall of the warehouse.

Hours later, the fishery is finished and seven people get to work supplying food.

A graveyard is ordered a short distance away. This should last us a while. I hope.

Ivan's death is enough to encourage the populous that they are in more danger of starvation than anything else. They go off and harvest the fruit.

The cold winters months and lack of housing claim another life – but we need food - and the carpenters shop before we can build houses!

Spring Year 2

We have been here a year already. The carpenters shop is nearing completion.

Thirty one days of food has been secured, and our population has doubled. Most of their needs go unmet, but this early in the cities growth, that is only to be expected.

The carpenters is completed.

I order up a grand central dormitory – later buildings will be nearer the work, but at this time, I want one I can defend.

Summer Year 2

It can get hot here in summer!

Winter year 2

The housing is complete! This just holds our population of 32, and a second will be needed soon.

It's been two hard years, but the basics are in place. Now we can look to the future!

We now have some choices.

Do we

A – focus on building the castle walls.
B – focus on setting up a metalworks – this will require separate settlements at the north and south for the ore and coal.
C – focus on setting up a trade network
D – focus on our food supplies.
E – Focus on infrastructure.
F – Something else (please specify)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

E. Set up infrastructure now, save on needing more later.

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

S T A R M E T A L C A S T E

Arcanuse posted:

:agreed:

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

Arcanuse posted:

:emptyquote:

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Arcanuse posted:

This

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Enfrastructure!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I'm tempted to C, but that won't amount to much without E first.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

D No point building infrastructure if everyone dies of hungry

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

C, preplanned roads and stuff seems against the design ethos the city is following. Trade however is a lifeline!

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Excrementory Infrastructure

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
D because I'm hungry and it's better to have too much food than too little.

Tias posted:

Excrementory Infrastructure
The Songs of Syx are just farting noises. A million arses farting in a lavatory for all eternity.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Grey Hunter posted:

We now have some choices.
E

And why, in these screenshots of the local area, are some boxes green, some are red, and they sometimes change?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
E.

We seem to have food for a while, so Infrastructure then food seems a good idea. Work on the basics first.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Enfrastructure week!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

C because trade is fun!

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017
B

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

berryjon posted:

E

And why, in these screenshots of the local area, are some boxes green, some are red, and they sometimes change?

Green is plant based resources, which vary over the year, while red are the ores that are static.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

In the words of Louis XVI: "Everything was fine until people started missing meals:

D

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Journal of King Grey Hunter I. - Part 3 – Infrastructure week

Spring, Year 3

With the graveyard near construction, it has been decided our next push shall be to make this area as nice to live in as we can manage.

I lay out the roads, and a bathroom for our people. The roads are made of stone, as it will last longer, and we have a good amount lying around.

My people work hard. They may not be the smartest of people, but they are determined to make this place work!

Summer, Year 3

the toilets are finished, and I am greeted to the sounds of my population voiding themselves in comfort.
The roads are also done, but they need metal for the torches.

A tavern with adjoining kitchen is the next addition.

Stocks are good, and the rate people are joining the village is increasing!

Autumn, Year 3

The tavern is complete, but we lack metal once again – this needs sorting now.

50,000 people live in the lands around us, but with no military, we have no way of taxing them.

For now, we will have to trade with our neighbours.

The trade depot is a little way out of town, but has its own hut for the workers.

This will allow us to trade wood, fish and furniture for metals.

I add a grain, cotton, and vegetable farm near our still incomplete fruit farm. Maybe we can trade for the goods needed to finish these.

A weavers shed is added to the list of constructions.

Winter, Year 3

The population hits fifty – then quickly exceeds it!

We also have our third death, but our first burial. I never learn who died, but there are already so many new faces. We lose another peasant to exposure before spring arrive.

Spring, Year 4

The trade area is complete.

The workers are put onto another dormitory. Our population is booming!

I set my trade priorities, increasing metal and setting a higher limit for the export of fish, our main foodstuff.

Summer, Year 4

The trade depot is being stocked with things to sell, so we have the cash to import the goods we need.

We have 63 people and 74 beds – time to start another dormitory!

Autumn, Year 4

Another 30 beds!

And our first exports! Metal is expensive however, so we will have to get more money!

I find time to organise a mass fruit picking.

Winter, Year 4

Planting at the fruit farm finally begins!

Work begins on a grand feasting hall.

I shall draw this to a close now, there is always more work to be done, but for now, we are mostly waiting on exports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Maybe they should have gone for a different time scale, I'm lol'ing at people going three years without shelter or a toilet.

And you place individual furniture in the buildings in a game where you can have tens of thousands of citizens? This is truly the prequel to Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic!