Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
From Wrestlekingdom night 1

MOTYC
Okada vs Ospreay

HM
Naito vs Ibushi

In a world where the former match didn't happen, the latter would be an easy MOTYC. Heck, in a world where Naito and Ibushi didn't declare war on their own heads and necks it would've too. But watching that Okada/Ospreay match and realizing that this is the first in a series wherein Ospreay finally wins the championship from Okaka, after escalating over encounters, probably in a similar way to the Omega/Okada series, I am so loving excited right now. I was screaming and clapping and having such a good time with that Okada/Ospreay match, and that was knowing the result in advance as well. Absolutely incredible and probably the match to beat for the rest of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 January 5th
MOTYC

Jeff Cobb vs Shingo Takagi
Jay White vs Kota Ibushi

HM
Taiji Ishimori vs Hiromu Takahashi

Nthing these. I thought the main event was a little too long (specifically the first act) and more than anything else it would've benefited from the crowd noise.

That said, hearing Shingo and Cobb beat the poo poo out of each other and have it echo all throughout the dome like that was loving awesome and BEEF BOYS #1!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Senerio posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar, Kingiest of the Ringiest #3, 2/20

Not as good as D-Von vs Vince, but still very good.

Nthing this, that was a lot of fun!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
MOTYC:
Ospreay and ZSJ
Ospreay and Shingo Takagi

Both from New Japan Cup, both very, very excellent

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Do not even ask posted:

HM: Cesaro vs Seth Rollins, WWE Wrestlemania Night 1 10/4

I popped huge for the motherfuckin' UFO

nthed,, That's the only thing I shouted about the whole night, so happy to see him finally bust it out!

HM: Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair, WrestleMania 37 night 1

Very good match, but not quite at the MOTYC level.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
HM: Penta el Zero M vs Orange Cassidy, Dynamite 4/28

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 04.05

Two guys incapable of having a bad match against each other have another absolute goddamn banger.

Another Nth to this, these two are just incredible.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
HM for Ibushi/Cobb - I'd give sell of the year to Ibushi for one of the spots.

MOTYC for Okada/Takagi - holy loving poo poo that was great. Like the lowest from Dave is going to be 5 stars, and that's probably being too stingy. I'm struggling for words for how great this was.

Both from NJPW Dominion June 7th 2021

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Senerio posted:

MOTYC: Lulupencil vs Chris Brookes 30 Minutes Ironmen Match ChocoPro 137 7/22(JST)

PENCIL
ARMY
PENCIL
ARMY

Another nth, goddamn what a great match.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Moose NJPW Resurgence 14.08

BEEF BEEF BEEF WE'VE GOT ALL THE BEEF RIGHT HERE STEP RIGHT UP STEP RIGHT UP

Nthing, Ishii is the greatest and Moose was way better than I was led to believe.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

MATCH OF THE loving YEAR: Tomohiro Ishii vs Shingo Takagi G1 Climax 31 18.09

Turns out that Tomohiro Ishii is the best wrestler in the world. Incidentally it turns out that Shingo Takagi is also the best wrestler in the world.

I stood up and applauded after it ended. It was just me in the room watching too. Absolutely insane. I think this might be my new favorite match of the year. I lack the ability to verbalize just how loving awesome this match was. For Wrestlekingdom they just need to show this match for the 3 nights on loop and nothing else and it will be perfect.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega - AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam 9/22

THE AMERICAN DRAGON IS BACK AND HE'S STILL THE BEST AND SO IS KENNY OMEGA AND HOLY gently caress THE CROWD AND THAT ENDING :derp:

Nthing this. This was the best pro wrestling match I have ever seen live. The previous onewas Okada vs White at MSG and that was 4.75 stars. This was WAY better. I was so happy at the end that I could be there live to see such a wonderful match. Absolutely incredible. Still debating if it was better than Shingo and Ishii. What a week!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Danielson vs Nick Jackson, Rampage, 10/1

Agreed. The thing I loved the most were the clear call outs to ZSJ and Ishii. And we get to see both of those matches in the future and it's gonna be great.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

fez_machine posted:

9/10 2021
HM: Fénix & Pentagón Jr. © vs. Hijo Del Vikingo & Laredo Kid [AAA TAG] AAA Heroes Inmortales XIV

Four of the best doing their thing.

nthing this, was expecting insanity, got insanity, I have no idea how Vikingo is able to defy the laws of physics like that

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Minoru Suzuki - AEW Rampage Buy In 10/15

Holy poo poo this was INSANE, and they gave it away from free on a Youtube pre-show! It was everything I hoped it would be, just glorious. Thank God for Bryan Danielson, big ups to Satan for Minoru Suzuki.

Another unneeded nth, can't wait to see rematches down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: EDDIE KINGSTON VS. CM PUNK, AEW FULL GEAR, 13/11

OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED

Nthed. I bought the PPV based off of this match and it was completely awesome. All the other matches were anywhere from good to great, but this was exceptional. Easily my best match of the night.