Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
23rd January
Ice Ribbon #1095 Winter Story
ICE×∞ Title
Suzu Suzuki (c) vs Tsukasa Fujimoto

God this ruled. Somehow Fujimoto is twice as old as Suzuki who must be the best teenage wrestler in the world.

(For the record, the only matches I have rated higher than this from this year are Ibushi White, Takagi Tanahashi & Takagi Cobb, so really heavily recommending it.)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4Nmtm1GnA

here's the match btw, heavily recommended. Tsukka goes nuts

nth

While I'm not sure I have the context/knowledge to fully appreciate this match, if every match was wrestled like this one I'd be very happy.

A perfect combination of good wrestling technique and layout. A little bit of everything in just the right amount.

If you're seeing Ice Ribbon and thinking that this match might be a litte goofy, it ain't in the slightest. Well worth checking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

Best Bros vs Emi/Veny is absolutely a MOTYC vote from me. Holy poo poo.

Nth

edit: What a match!
https://twitter.com/chie_gtmv/status/1360412024648331264

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 13, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC:

Emi Sakura vs Yuka Sakazaki
Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

AEW Women's World Championship Tournament, 2/22

Turns out Shida knows how to book a tournament and the people she picked are really loving good at wrestling

Good stuff that really showed off the contestant's strengths unlike the Japan side first round.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Chie showed herself very well in her first title match ever carried by excellent work from Akki, Hagane, and Mei

had a little of everything that makes Chocopro so great

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ChocoPro #93 March 6th
HM
Emi Sakura & Yuna Mizumori vs Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki

Emi Sakura said they'd be stepping up the match quality/work rate on the road to ChocoPro #100 in the wake of the spotlight on Gatoh Move brought by Stardom and AEW, and it's true!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm sorry, but I don't see how a group of guys coming out to stop a beatdown of their friend/brother is "overbooking" either.

And at least they came out promptly unlike the god awful wait for anyone to come out for Mox.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ChocoPro #100 Day 1
Asia Dream Tag Titles: Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga)(c) vs Emi Sakura & Minoru Fujita

MOTYC

Big Match Chocopro is really something else!

Fast, stiff, and earnest!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
27th March
ChocoPro #100 Part 1
HM
Chie Koishikawa & Hagane Shinno (EGG TART) vs CHANGO & PSYCHO

Good comedy match, with some fantastic sequences and spots. Got pretty stiff as well.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Senerio posted:

MOTYC Mei Suruga vs Mizuki ChocoPro 100 Day 2

Dang.

+ MOTYC Baliyan Akki Vs Fujita for the Super Asia Championship

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Nth worth it even just for the sequence that begins at 7:35 minutes. But it's all great.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hikari Noa vs. Rina Yamashita in a Hardcore match - TJPW Inspiration 4/1

This was a hell of a thing, I did not expect a match like this in TJPW.

Put this one on the board

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Chocopro 102
HM
Lulu Pencil Vs. Shinno Hagane

A comedy match put over with innovative use of the Chocopro camera

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

HM: Baliyan Akki vs Chie Koishikawa ChocoPro 4/11/21

This was a straightforward, good technical match and there was one point where they were trading counters and it was mesmerizing.

Nth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

motyc
roman reigns vs daniel bryan vs edge wrestlemania 37 night 2 , 4/11

The double submission was very Chocopro so I'll give it an HM. But really I just love Daniel Bryan.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks (C) vs. Rey Fenix & PAC for the AEW Tag Team Titles - AEW Dynamite 4/14

Four of the best tag team guys in the world telling a hell of a story on top of just doing the craziest, most insane and innovative moves.... and that's before you even add the poo poo Fenix does into the mix :stare:

And that ending.... :stonk:

nth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

AEW Dynamite 4/14

HM for Jade Cargill v Red Velvet. Just a really solid match that in earlier days would have stood up with the best of the AEW women’s matches. Jade is for real and so is Red Velvet.

nth

I think for a match between an absolute rookie and someone like Red Velvet (who hadn't captured my interest much before) you can grade in relative terms

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC: Best Bros (C) vs Chango and Psycho for the Asia Dream Tag Titles, GatohMove/ChocoPro 108, 4/17

+1

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Teddybear posted:

HM: Kenny Omega / Rich Swann, Impact Rebellion

Very good even great, but there's been better big match omega this year

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC
ChocoPro #110: PENCIL ARMY VS. ACES OF CHOCOPRO

Everything good about Chocopro in one match. A spot fest that told multiple great stories in one 45 minute match. Chris Brookes accepting the Pencil Army. Lulu getting close to her first pin ever. Akki vs. Fujita.

If you only watch one Chocopro match make it this one. If you don't like it, then ChocoPro just isn't for you and never will be.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HM
12th May 2021
Chocopro 115
Chris Brookes vs. Emi Pencil

Some world-class heeling from Brookes, very enjoyable.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC: Pencil Army VS Chris Brooks, Asuka & Yuna Mizumori, CHOCOPRO #120 5/24/21

While perhaps not quite the same level of excitement as the previous Pencil Army tag match, there were a whole bunch of spots you don't usually see in ChocoPro, including a table splash, an exposed surface DDT, and Lulu Pencil making the whole distance on a jump. The post-match devastation and promo put it over an HM for me.

Lulu Pencil vs. Brookes is the best, most heated feud in wrestling at the moment. You can fight me on that.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC
30th May
CHOCOPRO #122
Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) VS EGG TART (Hagane Shinno & Chie Koishikawa), Beauty As Is (Emi Sakura & Yunamon), Othello (Tokiko “Otoki” Kirihara & Sayaka), Chon Shiryu & Lulupencil, and X (Mystery Team)

THIS IS HOW YOU BOOK A GAUNTLET! Non-stop action no rest matches and an amazing final match. A great showcase for Chocopro's tag teams and Gatoh Move's best tag team, Best Bros.

Stay beyond the end of Janken for something very special.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 30, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

Noah uploading matches a month later got us all confused. The date on that last ChocoPro show should be 5.30, not 4.30

poo poo. The pandemic robbed me of all sense of time and I've never been great at translating the number of the month into the name of the month, so when I copied Forkboy's format, I just blindly copied April.

My apologies.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Sanshiro Takagi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Kazusada Higuchi, Akito, Naomi Yoshimura & Yukio Naya vs. Kongoh (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya, Tadasuke, Haoh & Nioh) - CyberFight Festival (6/6)

The ultimate clash of wrestling philosophies. I hope EVIL and Dick Togo were taking notes from the ref distraction spot.

3rd

The hardest hitting match so far in the show

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1
MOTYC
Konosuke Takeshita vs Akito
- Akito is fuckin smooth as silk, that man grapples as easy as breathing. Takeshita is incredible as well, these two worked really well together, Akito worked the legs and Takeshita got to show off his power with some rad as hell German suplexes. Loved this, it was exactly what I was hoping a match between these two would be.

HM
Yuji Hino vs Yukio Sakaguchi
- Do you like hard kicks and hard chops and hard lariats and hard knees? Then this match is for you
Jun Akiyama vs Shunma Katsumata
- David vs Goliath's older tougher brother. This is a side of Shunma we don't see super often, where he's just completely outmatched by his opponent. There was an awkward moment when Shunma tried to hit a spike Frankesteiner and Akiyama went completely the wrong way but luckily neither guy got hurt and they just moved past it quickly. Real fun match especially when the legos came out :twisted:
Kazusada Higuchi vs Naomi Yoshimura
- I thought the chops in Hino/Sakaguchi were meaty, but Higuchi clearly wasn't going to be outdone by his tag partner. Yoshimura more than held up his end of the match, my highlight being when he deadlifted Higuchi while being caught in the clawhold
Tetsuya Endo vs Chris Brookes
- Got a little kick out crazy right near the end, but the vast majority of the match was very well worked. Chris' devotion to attacking Endo's arm during the middle section led to a cool payoff as well. Good way to finish off teh show

Great show, only the Ueno/Sasaki match was a dud and I'm thinking that'll lead somewhere down the track, everything else was good to great

Nth

Serious DDT is pretty good and not incredibly serious!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Senerio posted:

MOTYC: Mei Suruga vs Minoru Fujita Chocopro 125 June 11 2021 for the Super Asia Championship

Champ of the Month and also Match of the Night.

2nd

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
it's not especially helpful in terms of comparison between matches named in here that this thread has only three speeds; good, great and awful. In any sane world it's weird that ChocoPro has a competitive amount of MOTYCs

(substitute good for great, and great for amazing if you have higher standards)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Bit weird to pick on a small promotion that a lot of people are very invested in.

If you think I'm trying to put down ChocoPro, I invite you to click the little ? under my name.

Does ChocoPro have matches that excel within it's context beyond what tiny indies usually produce? Yes.
Does ChocoPro have matches that punch above their weight so as to reach general wrestling excellence? Yes.
Is it weird that ChocoPro has more MOTYCs than Stardom, Dragon Gate, Noah and GCW? Yes.
Are great ChocoPro matches directly comparable to, say, great New Japan matches? That's debatable and the most reasonable answer is no.

But in this thread, and in this forum, a little space has been carved out that's different to the norm.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

From ChocoPro Tag League Day 1, 6/23:

HM: EggTart (Shinno Hagane & Chie Koishikawa) vs Melt Brain Dancing (Psycho & Chango)
HM: BestBros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) vs TropicaWild (Yuna Mizumori & SAKI)

Nth, ChocoPro Tag League is turning out to be good stuff

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

WMOTYC: Nene ∞ D.a.i. vs. Miss Mongol vs. Drew Parker - FMWE Independence Day (7/4)

Maybe the worst match I've seen live. Poorly paced, long as hell and an absolute train wreck. Also apparently a bunch of people paid for weapons that they did not use in the match.

Nth

Watching the stream, the cameras regularly cut away from the most brutal spots.

The only way this could have been worse is if they'd selected you to do English commentary instead of Michelle (she held her own).

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
FMWE main event

MOTYC

All it had to have was great explosions and it delivered in spades

the smoke blanket should be legendary

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

HM
13th July
Masa Takahashi Produce: I Only Live Twice
NEO Biishiki-gun (Mei Saint-Michel & Sakisama) vs Emi Sakura & Yuna Mizumori

HM
13th July
Baliyan Akki & Minoru Fujita vs Chris Brookes & Yukio Sakaguchi

HM
13th July
Fuminori Abe vs Masahiro Takahashi

nth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

What is the date for these? July 17th?

yes

I'll throw in a HM for the lulu pencil match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC: CHOCOPRO #138: TropiKawaild (Yunamon & SAKI) VS Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga)

It's a Best Bros match against a great challenger with something at stake, of course it was going to be amazing.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 19, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

(ALMOST) Best Matches of the Year:

01/01 | Emi Sakura vs. Antonio Honda vs. Rin Rin vs. Obihiro Sayaka vs. Chon Shiryu in a New Year's Deathmatch - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro #77 (4 votes)
01/11 | Mei Suruga vs. Shinno Hagane - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro LIVE #80 (4 votes)
02/28 | Yuka Sakazaki vs. Ryo Mizunami - AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament (5 votes)
03/29 | Ryo Mizunami vs. KiLynn King - AEW Dark Elevation (6 votes)
04/10 | ERUPTION (Higuchi & Sakaguchi) vs. SMILE PISSARI (Okabayashi & HARASHIMA) - DDT April Fool (4 votes)
06/06 | Jun Akiyama (C) vs. HARASHIMA for the KO-D Openweight Championship - CyberFight Festival 2021 (5 votes)
06/11 | The Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs. Penta El Zero M, PAC & Eddie Kingston - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
06/17 | NEO Biishiki Gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel) (C) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh) for the Princess Tag titles - TJPW Additional Attack (5 votes)
06/26 | Shinya Aoki (C) vs. Chris Brookes vs. Shunma Katsumata vs. Yukio Naya for the Ironman Heavymetalweight Title - DDT Shiro no Yu Presents Shiro no Yu Street Wrestling (4 votes)
07/01 | Miyu Yamashita vs. Maiumi Mirai in a UWF rules match - TJPW Inspiration (6 votes)
07/11 | Momo no Seishun (Daisuke Harada and Hajime Ohara) (C) vs. Kongoh (Haoh and Tadasuke) for the GHC Jr Tag Team Championships - NOAH Cross Over 2021 in Sendai (6 votes)
07/11 | ASUKA (C) vs. Ryo Mizunami - SEAdLINNNG ~ Nane Takahashi 25th Anniversary ☆ ARIGATOU ~ (5 votes)
07/11 | Chihiro Hashimoto (C) vs. Mio Momono for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls Senjo Chronicle (4 votes)

I'll chuck all of these a +1

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The same thing as forkboy84 did but just the ChocoPro matches

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Senerio posted:

MOTYC: Lulupencil vs Chris Brookes 30 Minutes Ironmen Match ChocoPro 137 7/22(JST)

PENCIL
ARMY
PENCIL
ARMY

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Lance Archer vs. Jon Moxley, Dynamite, 7/21

nth

even in muted PiP this was brutal

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

ChocoPro #138 - 7/23
HM: Warm Caterpillars (Mei Suruga & Chie Koishikawa) vs Masa Takanashi & Chon Shiryu

nth

The good loud stuff with some new variations on old favourites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HM
24th of July
ChocoPro #139
Best Bros vs. Eraser

Chie vs Takanashi

Both matches were wars.