Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HMs from Wrestle Kingdom 15 night 1
Okada vs Ospreay
Ibushi vs Naito

Didn't much care for the show overall, but those two stood out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MOTYC
Jeff Cobb vs Shingo Takagi (Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 2)
Hiromu Takahashi vs Taiji Ishimiroi (Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 2)
Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix (New Year's Bash Night 1)

HM
Kota Ibushi vs Jay White (Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 2)
SANADA vs EVIL (Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night 2)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Artelier posted:

HM: Serena Deeb v Tay Conti: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year’s Bash Night 2

Favourite match of the night. The more I watch of her the more I'm glad I'm on the Tay Conti train now, and Serena Deeb is excellent as usual.

HM: Darby Allin vs Brian Cage: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year’s Bash Night 2

Brian Cage is amazing. Not a fan of the ending, but great nonetheless.

nth both these

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Benne posted:

HM: AJ Gray vs. Hoodfoot, GCW For The Culture 1/29

First great match of the 24-hour stream, just two beefy bois being Beefy As gently caress

Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm gonna HM Britt vs Rosa and Bullet Club vs Pac, Fenix, and Mox

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Joey Janela vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 2/10

HM: Leyla Hirsch vs. Thunder Rosa, AEW Dynamite, 2/10

2nd

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
23rd January
Ice Ribbon #1095 Winter Story
ICE×∞ Title
Suzu Suzuki (c) vs Tsukasa Fujimoto

God this ruled. Somehow Fujimoto is twice as old as Suzuki who must be the best teenage wrestler in the world.

(For the record, the only matches I have rated higher than this from this year are Ibushi White, Takagi Tanahashi & Takagi Cobb, so really heavily recommending it.)

Holy poo poo, Nth. I checked this out and was nearly out of my seat yelling during it. It's got badasses and cool rear end moves (The one that announcers yell Infinity! every time it happens RULES HARD) and everything you'd want out of a joshi wrestling match.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki (c) vs Keiji Mutoh for the GHC Heavywejght Championship - NOAH Back to the Budokan 2021

Simply the best finishing stretch I've seen. gently caress yes

Nth. Was gonna go for an HM until the last 10 minutes and then that finish (which I was NOT expecting in any way) just sealed the deal.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: The Best Bros (Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki) vs Emi Sakura & Veny ChocoPro #89, Feb 13th

I'm not really a fan of ChocoPro/GatohMove's ringless wrestling but this was great. I think if I hadn't just watched Shiozaki vs Mutoh and Suzuki vs Fujimoto I might have gone MOTYC on it. It is really good.

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTYC: Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima vs Momo Watanabe & Saya Iida, SEAdLINNNG Shibkiba Night, 10th February

Where can I view this match?

TTBF fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 13, 2021

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: Super Delfin, Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh vs MAO, Keigo Nakamura, Mirai Maiumi, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/14

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Veny vs. Emi Sakura - AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament 2/15

Bit hard on every nearfall, great chemistry between them both and the built up the match fantastically to the finish. I just wish Veny had won.

3rd

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

xbilkis posted:

WMOTYC: Alexa Bliss v. Randy Orton, Fastlane 3/21

2nd

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM
April 8th
Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
Karen Tran vs Janai Kai

I thought this was a good opener for the show featuring good grappling.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Oil! posted:

HM
April 8th
Yoya vs Lio Rush

2nd

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM
April 8th
Josh Barnett vs Jon Moxley

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll go HM for the Grey Sweatpants Battle Royal

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MOTYC
April 9th
GCW Presents rSpring Break
Arez, Black Taurus & Gringo Loco vs. Aramis, Dragon Bane & Laredo Kid

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

They're still doing their entrances my dude

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Testekill posted:

MOTYC: Sasha Banks vs Bianca BelAir

Awesome main event

100%

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Anyone willing to recommend any matches that were aired on IWTV this weekend?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pinche Rudo posted:

WMOTYC: Randy Orton vs. The Fiend - WrestleMania 37 Night 2 4-11-21

Yyyyyep

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Armitage posted:

Fair enough!

WMOTYC: Randy Orton vs Fiend - Wrestlemania Night 2
WMOTYC: Natalya/Tamina vs Shayna Baszler/Nia Jax - Wrestlemania Night 2

I can only go WMOTYC on these two but I understand the frustration at every other match

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I agree with the idea that the thread is way too liberal with MOTYCs but I disagree with the idea that it matters

e: that said if people raised their standards for both MTOYCs and HMs it'd be a lot easier to find recommendations for smaller promotions amid the flood of "MOTYC: Luchasaurus vs Dr. Luther"

TTBF fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 12, 2021

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I can't recall who posts links to unlisted youtube videos of Japanese matches in this thread but they're awesome.

e: I'm watching WALTER vs Ciampa nwo and did it have these weird audio issues or is that Peacock?

TTBF fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 12, 2021

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

TTBF posted:

MOTYC
April 9th
GCW Presents rSpring Break
Arez, Black Taurus & Gringo Loco vs. Aramis, Dragon Bane & Laredo Kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPtNl2i-bLE

A bit harmed by the lovely sound mix and the outdoor venue making the crowd seem less hot than it is. Get it before whoever owns Gorillaz hits me with a copyright strike.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

TTBF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPtNl2i-bLE

A bit harmed by the lovely sound mix and the outdoor venue making the crowd seem less hot than it is. Get it before whoever owns Gorillaz hits me with a copyright strike.

Ok I've had YouTube mute the section with copywritten music playing so it should be good to go now.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

As bad as Orton/Fiend was, it was not on the level of Holocausto vs Shalom. That's a match that went wrong on just about every conceivable level.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I watched on FITE where there are no commercial breaks. Legit sucks to hear how much they hosed with the match! Anyway

MOTYC: Pinnacle vs Inner Circle, AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts 5/5/21

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: HUB, Shisao & Eisa8 vs. Shota, FUMA & Mil Mongoose - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

This was really fun, and featured guys I've basically never seen before who all really impressed in-ring. There was a really nice diversity in size that changed up how and what they could (or should) do to each other and overall it just came together in a great package: really, really great as an opener to the show.

Edit:

HM: The All-Star Battle Royal - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

This was completely over the top and ludicrous and stupid and I loved every second of it, and it had the perfect winner. So many incredible wrestlers in this, so many fantastic little stories and interactions.

MOTYC: Kagetsu, Hazuki, Konami, & Death Yama-san vs. ASUKA, Syuri, Natsupoi, & Mio Momono - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

The emotional background and the circumstances that lead to the match even happening at all lifts this up just that little bit higher than an HM, but the wrestling was also drat good and holy poo poo Kagetsu hasn't lost a step since she her retirement. So many cool spots/moments it does make it feel like this could be the start of further rivalries or developments, and while that probably won't happen given the unique circumstances, it's a match well worth going out of your way to see.

Don't read below unless you want to be spoiled!

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. ASUKA in an impromptu Main Event - Hana Kimura Memorial Show 5/23

Out of nowhere ASUKA challenged Kagetsu to a singles match, the retired Kagetsu accepted, they asked Hana's mother for permission and for the approval of the Korakuen crowd, got both, and then proceeded to have a fantastic match that absolutely nobody was expecting or could have dreamed of. Amazing stuff.

Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Shoot Style matches are the purest form of art and I shake my head with pity at those unable to enjoy them.

The Taxman posted:

Just watched the show, and although the card was pretty solid, nothing touched

Stardom Dream Cinderella 6/12
MOTYC:Utami Hayashishita v Syuri

What a war. Absolute brutality, guts, and compressed vertebrae.

Gonna Nth this one. I thought the ending was a bit flat at first so I didn't nominate it. Then I was reading the Observer and found out the match continued after the draw and went back and watched and yeah, that's a MOTYC

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pylons posted:

For me, HM: It was well worked or I had an emotional reaction to it, MOTYC: It was both well worked and I had an emotional reaction to it.

All matches are supposed to cause emotional reactions though. And nearly every match nowadays is well worked.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

HM: Darby Allin vs. Wheeler Yuta, Dynamite, 7/21

2nd

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

MOTY: Alwayz Ready Matt Cardona v. Nick Gage, GCW Homecoming

I'll HM

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Surprised there's no love for

HM: Psycho Clown vs Rey Escorpion - Triplemania August 14th

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Bianca Belair vs Becky Lynch, WWE Summerslam 2021.

Just...someone post the Triple H shovel gif. Bianca got buried so loving hard.

Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Lid posted:

motyc walter v ilja

nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Date on this one?

The 27th of August

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

MOTYC: Kamille (c) vs Leyla Hirsch - NWA Women's Championship

Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Lamuella posted:

HM: Daniel Garcia vs Josh Alexander, New Japan Strong September 3rd.

At another time, and with actual build behind it, these two absolutely have a match of the year candidate in them. As it was, this was a very very good ten minute wrestling match with the emphasis on the "wrestling". Garcia was wild and skilful, Alexander was guarded and wily, and the result is an incredibly technical struggle that was nonetheless absolutely enthralling.

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/13

HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Lee Moriarty

Yes, nth