Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sticky Nate posted:

MOTY: Chihiro Hashimoto, Mika Iwata, and X vs Rin Kadokura, Mio Momono, and X GAEAISM 6/13

+1, absolute bustass performance. Whole card top to bottom is nothing but workrate bangers and Sakura Hirota being an absolute gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Senerio posted:

MOTYC: Mei Suruga vs Minoru Fujita Chocopro 125 June 11 2021 for the Super Asia Championship

Fantastic match. Mei is going to be a huge deal one day.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM: Mirai Maiumi and Miu Watanabe vs Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki. TJPW That's JPW June 17.

Just a really excellent tag match. The Sugar Rabbits were pure chaos, Miu has an absolutely astounding strength spot, and Mirai is wrestling like a veteran.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yuya Uemura NJPW Kizuna Road 16.06

Young Boy status: Still Cool, still Good. Also Tana is giving these guys a hell of a lot.

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs Yota Tsuji NJPW Kizuna Road 16.06

Local Boy fights God, actually makes God take it somewhat seriously.
Nth to these.

Yeah I'd love to see Okada do the fake Rainmaker to people who have scouted the Rainmaker to death, like Shingo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Neo Bi-Ishiki Gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel) (C) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh) for the Princess Tag titles - TJPW Additional Attack 6/17

This match was a goddamn blast, Maki Itoh's interactions with Mei Saint-Michel were incredible, she did the Macho Man Resurrection Elbow spot with her headbutt, and MSM actually took it to World Champion Miyu Yamashita regularly during the match. Plus Sakisama and Miyu throwing kicks. And that ending... :kiss:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Additional Attack June 17th
MOTYC
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs 121000000 (Mitu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) - Princess Tag Championship
- loving love these two teams, has a bunch of funny spots and a bunch of brutal strikes. Don't think it was as good as their match from february but still a real good time.

HM
Yuki Arai vs Mirai Maiumi
- Arai looked real good for her first ever singles match
Hikari Noa (c) vs Marika Kobashi - International Princess Championship
- The most i've enjoyed a Kobashi match, she looked really good in this. Noa is really growing into the champion role as well

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs 121000000 (Mitu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) - Princess Tag Championship
- loving love these two teams, has a bunch of funny spots and a bunch of brutal strikes. Don't think it was as good as their match from february but still a real good time.

HM
- The most i've enjoyed a Kobashi match, she looked really good in this. Noa is really growing into the champion role as well

Nth, but I'll add
HM: Shoko Nakajima v Kaya Toribami
-Toribami is much more raw than Arai is, but Shoko pulled a good match out of her despite some double-checked spots. Toribami has some cool stuff in her arsenal already!

A good way to start the morning. Great to see both debutants putting on solid events.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Just watched the show, and although the card was pretty solid, nothing touched

Stardom Dream Cinderella 6/12
MOTYC:Utami Hayashishita v Syuri

What a war. Absolute brutality, guts, and compressed vertebrae.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Taxman posted:

2nd

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

The Taxman posted:

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Spending my day off catching up with the taped shows i've missed this week. Wrestle Universe is such incredible value, nothing was transcedent but I was entertained by pretty much everything.

DDT Dramatic Dream Tour in Hiroshima (Afternoon Show) June 12th
HM
Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Kazusada Higuchi) vs Junretsu (Makoto Oishi and Hideki Okatani)
- Looking at the participants here it was very obvious who was taking the fall, but how we got there was very good indeed

37KAMIINA (MAO, Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA, Naomi Yoshimura and Kazuki Hirata)
- When the worst wrestler in the match is Kazuki Hirata then you know you're in for a good time. Not as balls to the wall as some of their other tiny show main events, but still great work from everyone involved. I was close to giving it a MOTYC nod off the strength of Hirata's TOKYOOOO bit post match, it was hilarious. This match is well worth a watch if you care at all about these guys.

DDT Dramatic Dream Tour in Hiroshima (Evening Show) June 12th
HM
Naomi Yoshimura vs Hideki Okatani
- Ah, the young lion vs the vet. Work hard, show heart, give us some hope for your victory, then get summarily executed. Good times, Yoshimura is sucha great hoss

37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata, Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs Kazusada Higuchi, Yuki Iino and Akito
- What a goddamn hodgepodge facing down the sauna boys, didn't stop them from putting on an intense, high paced match. Highlight was the interactions between Shunma and Iino calling back to some of their history in ALL OUT

HARASHIMA and Kenshin Chikano vs Yukio Sakaguchi and Yukio Naya
- Really impressed with Chikano taking Sakaguchi's shots and coming back with some real solid ones of his own. Harashima and Sakaguchi were good as always and Naya was less awkward in the ring than he usually is.

Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki, Yuji Hino and Hiroshi Yamato) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama, Makoto Oishi and Yusuke Okada)
- Happy to see even Uncle Jun has his working boots on in front of barely 100 people. Everyone was good, and Yamato's postmatch segment was absolute gold

Ganbare Pro Face/Off June 12th
HM
Shigehiro Irie and Miyako Matsumoto vs Keisuke Ishii and HARUKAZE
- Miyacoco is an absolute treasure, both she and Harukaze played really well off the mixed tag nature of the tournament. Irie and Ishii no slouches either, this was a great match all around. Irie's cannonball into the corner looked especially brutal.

Shinjiro Otani vs Shu Sakurai
- Completely forgot this match was on the card when I queued up the video and was throughly impressed. Otani continues to rule and Sakurai beat the poo poo out of him

ASUKA and Shinichiro Tominaga vs Itsuki Aoki and Kouki Iwasaki
- Came in not knowing the non-Asuka participants, and came out wanting to see more from all of them. Real good from everyone.

TJPW Spring Tour ~ The Bullet ~ June 12th
HM
Miu Watanabe vs Moka Miyamoto
- How cruel TJPW is making Miu do her UUG performance in the opener and then putting her on first to do the Miu Rap in her entrance. Eagerly awaiting when Moka gets that breakout singles win, I dig her little karate flourishes and most of her stuff looked crisp here. Miu is good as always and got to show of her insane strength which is a definite plus.

121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) vs Nao Kakuta and Raku
- Probably my favourite rendition of the Good Night Express so far, burst out laughing when it clicked what they were doing. Raku and Nao were good in their role as lumps to make 1toMillion look in the lead up to them challenging the French

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

The Taxman posted:

HM: Shoko Nakajima v Kaya Toribami
-Toribami is much more raw than Arai is, but Shoko pulled a good match out of her despite some double-checked spots. Toribami has some cool stuff in her arsenal already!

nth. I'd almost lean MOTYC for Hikari vs Marika but I'm extremely biased towards young women testing each other's neck strengths.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

The Taxman posted:

I just got to seeing it this morning and what a great match.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81ze5b

Nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth to all.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
29th April
2AW GRANDSLAM in 2AW Square
2AW Openweight Title
Ayato Yoshida vs Taishi Takizawa

This card was pretty eh but main event delivered. I just Yoshida had a bigger platform because he's 1 of my faves.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81hjrn

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
HM: Roman Reigns vs. Rey Mysterio - Hell in a Cell - Smackdown 6/18/21

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Jake Hager vs. Wardlow, AEW Dynamite - 6/18/21

Entertaining, but absolutely terrible lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

WMOTYC: Jake Hager vs. Wardlow, AEW Dynamite - 6/18/21

What was terrible about it, it was everything great about heavyweight MMA and heavyweight wrestling.

HM: Wardlow vs Hager, AEW Dynamite 6/18.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Yeah, I can't vote it anything because it was entertaining.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

What was terrible about it, it was everything great about heavyweight MMA and heavyweight wrestling.

agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

You know I was on the fence but the hurricana puts its just at the HM level

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Darby Allin vs. The Men of the Year - AEW Dynamite 6/18

Incredibly well put together handicap match with some great false finishes.

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Cezar Bononi - AEW Dynamite 6/18

Oh Snapple! posted:

what a dumb, fun loving match

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 19, 2021

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Also throwing out an

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Cesar Bononi - AEW Dynamite 6/18

So. Much. Fun.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy v Cesar Bononi, Jun 18 Dynamite

might genuinely be the most fun match i've seen in my life, holy poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

i cant believe the wingmen are dead

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

nth.

they did the things I want to see out of wingmen vs. best friends.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

nth

flatluigi posted:

absolutely a loving motyc, i was crying laughing

not only that there were so many little bits that were just loving perfect including the taped promo right before

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Cody and BROCK vs QT and Aaron Solow, 6/18 Dynamite

What a ridiculously fun match with Cody doing the classic headscissors and a Canadian destroyer plus all sorts of old school tag stuff.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HM: Hager vs Wardlow - an extremely fun match where a guy did an MMA rana
HM: Men Of The Year vs Darby Allin - not exactly the Darby vs Jericho and Guevara match from last year, but it's always fun to watch Allin fight from the bottom
HM: Orange Cassidy vs Cezar Bononi - exactly what this kind of low stakes faction fight should be, definitely the best Bononi match so far

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WMOTYC: Wardlow vs. Jake Hager, AEW Dynamite, 18/06

If I wanted to watch MMA I'd watch MMA

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Spring Tour ~ The Bullet ~ June 19th
MOTYC
Miu Watanabe vs Pom Harajuku vs Hyper Misao
- The way they played with the triple threat stipulation was hilarious, and MIU IS SO STRONG. Not the most actual wrestling you'll see, but the entertainment value was through the roof. Seek it out

HM
Maki Itoh vs Mahiro Kiryu
- The best singles match I remember Kiryu having, and probably her best performance since Max Heart

NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Moka Miyamoto and Raku
- This was incredible, Mei is an absolute treasure, just have her run about for 10 minutes and everyhitng will be fine. Also Raku's shtick was great, and Moka showed fire

Miyu Yamashita and Yuka Sakazaki vs Nodoka Tenma and Shoko Nakajima
- Some of Shoko's offence was very sloppy, but I was very much entertained by Yuka being pure evil against poor Tenma in the leadup to the hot tag. Miyu also took some time out of her busy schedule being the absolute coolest to heel it up as well, plus she deadlifted Tenma like it was nothing which looked super impressive.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

HM: NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Moka Miyamoto and Raku
- This was incredible, Mei is an absolute treasure, just have her run about for 10 minutes and everyhitng will be fine. Also Raku's shtick was great, and Moka showed fire

Second. Loved this match, and Mei's frantic search for a solution to her Sakisama problem was incredible.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

WMOTYC: Wardlow vs. Jake Hager, AEW Dynamite, 18/06

If I wanted to watch MMA I'd watch MMA

Nth. Probably about as good as ”MMA in pro wrestling” can get? Like it was worked about as well as it could’ve been and had a good postmatch angle etc. But in the end it’s both questionable MMA and questionable pro wrestling, just stop trying to make it happen imo

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 19, 2021

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Let the light of shoot style into your heart

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

nthing these

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

And this.

Maybe more later, I had to miss out on more of this than I'd have liked to.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

flatluigi posted:

Also HMing this so I don’t look like a big ol whiner this fine morning, just real good silly pro wrestling to the max, you love to see it

Edit: changed to HM

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jun 19, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- The way they played with the triple threat stipulation was hilarious, and MIU IS SO STRONG. Not the most actual wrestling you'll see, but the entertainment value was through the roof. Seek it out

HM
- The best singles match I remember Kiryu having, and probably her best performance since Max Heart

- Some of Shoko's offence was very sloppy, but I was very much entertained by Yuka being pure evil against poor Tenma in the leadup to the hot tag. Miyu also took some time out of her busy schedule being the absolute coolest to heel it up as well, plus she deadlifted Tenma like it was nothing which looked super impressive.

+1

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Eddie Kingston/Penta El Zero Miedo/Frankie Kazarian vs. Matt Jackson/The Good Brothers, AEW Dynamite, 18/06

Really digging this direction of 'let's put a bunch of great wrestlers in the ring and let them wrestle'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

HM: Alex Coughlin vs Josh Alexander, New Japan Strong, June 18

A really physical, really technical bout between two grapplers who can also beat the poo poo out of each other. This is both the style and the quality I want to see from New Japan Strong.