Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh hell yeah I've been waiting for this, first pick is Marquises of Tork, with Marquises of Allwed and Dukes of Gamam as my backups.

I say we prioritize The ore discovery in the northern mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sighence posted:

A hmm choice from a Shakespearean view. I propose House Cyfoeth after our area's fantasy Welsh influence, going by those names.

I like this but I'm gonna need a pronunciation guide

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sitting Councilmember

Frankly I agree, this "Red Iron" sounds like a load of manure. While I'll wait for my fellow senators to make their voices heard, I'm leaning towards Nay. Best to sell this and make it someone else's problem.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sitting Councilmember

I weep for this kingdom, I truly do. The Crown has barely touched His Majesty's head and yet his nobility are already haggling over political favours like a child would haggle for a sweet roll! Have you no shame?

As a current sitting member of His Grace's council, I advocate the trade of this Red Iron substance not for such petty matters as personal profit, I believe that the people's prosperity is the kingdom's prosperity. The thought that a couple coins changing hands should decide whether the people get to survive the winter, it makes my heart run cold.

I implore you, put your personal motives aside and do what's right for your people. Dont throw away the prosperity of those under your protection just for some smuggler's cheap trick. We have to act now and sell this red iron before other nations get wise and we're left with warehouses full of useless rock.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
OOC: unless Italian Guy wants to end the session once all the votes are in, I'd say let folks change their submission if they need to afterwards. It keeps the negotiations a bit more flexible instead of having a family set themselves in stone too early :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sitting Councilmember

While I respect our military, it would be foolish to refuse a large sum of money just to spare their feelings. I say let them have the replica.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sitting Councilmember

The decision here seems simple. I'm not about to say we can entirely trust Mhuir, but without their grain, our people will starve to death. I say we take the grain, even as a gamble at least the peasants will have a chance.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sitting Councilmember

House Cyfoeth will accept House Gambol's offer of 3 coins for 2 power for Aye. If this is what it takes to get food to the people, it's a price we're willing to pay.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Nea posted:

House Gambol
Senator

That's not actually an offer we've made, so it'll have to wait for our navigator to see. We'll treat this as an offer you're makign in the mean time.

Is it not?

C... posted:

Navigator

If you feel so strongly for their plight, I'm sure you would jump at a chance to ensure our support on the same terms: 3 coins for 2 of our Power to Aye.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Gambol offered to put two power on Aye if they get three coins. I offered them three coins. I'm not sure what I'm missing here

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Quackles posted:

Hey House Cyfoeth, we of House Daucus have a special deal for you!

Proposal: House Daucus would like to offer 2 Coins in exchange for House Cyfoeth to Pass and Gather Power.

This should help you get back on your feet after your unfortunate tourney bets. Interested?

On the one hand, I'm reasonably sure I know what you're trying to do, on the other hand I dont super care and frankly you're not wrong about the family's cash flow. Therefore House Cyfoeth accepts the offer

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

C... posted:

I had thought they might pass and become Moderator, so I did not know what they were trying to do. Care to comment?

Yeah that's what I thought too

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Omobono posted:

Gambol treasurer

House Gambol offers 5 gold for at least 2 power on AYE, open to the first taker between Houses Pinchay and Cyfoeth

Sitting Council Member

House Cyfoeth will accept this offer.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Senator

I am 100% for playing the flute. I believe we not only should, but MUST play the flute. The people must be made to hear the flute. It is not just our duty, but our privilege. I can hear it already within my soul. It yearns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Senator

Ignore the siren song of gold, the flute MUST be played. Like a melody being sung behind a locked door you can hear it's tune but can't make out the words. Is it a song or a scream? I crave answers, it cant be a coincidence that we find this after seeing the truth. A sign. A command. I cant make out the WORDS.