Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Primary: Solad
Backup: Coden, Olwyn
C. A trade emissary from across our southern border requires audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

House Gambol, Dukes of Solad

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

C... posted:

No better name for the house of downer poets than a spontaneous leap for joy! House Gambol, Dukes of Solad.
Any notions for how we'll manage sitting council member? I'm sure we're all eager to take a try at it.

Real answer: I don't know, rotate out every game maybe?
Fake answer: before every game write a sad poem saddest poem gets the seat this is how succession works

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Omobono posted:

That's a real word? Uh, learn something new every day.
Not a bad choice.

I'm gonna be real, I knew at one point but had forgotten the real word and was just looking for something with the right sounds, the fact that it happens to be appropriate was an accident.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Well, if I've been elected I'll figure out a fun little duchess character and get ready to make decisions plots and plans once the selection is official.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

In retrospect I should have probably put a comment in but I just picked our hidden agenda unilaterally, apologies!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

C... posted:

There were some comments made onto our google sheet, but I'm sure you chose perfectly.

I did not see them! Rip. Probably because I was on mobile when I did it.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Duchess Nea, An older, well dressed figure with a wiry and gaunt form. A matriarch of the house.

I cannot make deals on behalf of the keeper of our purse, but I find myself more than happy to bargain. This material is an opportunity, of course, and as moderator and councilor alike, I am... Flexible.

If house Pinchay or any other house is agreeable, my terms are 3 coin to start, and if anyone else finds they would like to pay more, that's certainly fine by me.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

24 hrs isn't long enough for a bargaining deadline, poo poo can just Happen where you can't get to a computer or what have you.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I think three works best personally. I get the idea of wanting to split up the roles but we already have every dilemma rotation so hopefully it won't take too long for everyone to get a chance to do fun stuff, and folks can still propose deals and the like even if they're not the sitting council member anyway

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Senator Nea

No one wants to take the fall..the decision to build the windmills once more seems obvious. I assume you all can figure it out without our help. I think House Gambol had other important matters to attend to, currently.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Quackles posted:

[OOC] Small note - I'm pretty sure the li'l triangles around the Chronicle sticker icon on the card indicate that... the chronicle card will specifically have a negative effect. I'm not looking forward to that, whatever it is.

You know, there would be a super easy way to prove you weren't Greedy.

I propose (this isn't binding 'cause I'm not sitting council member but) that House Gambol gives 2 Coins in exchange for we vote Aye with one power Token.

Nah. I think we don't have a strong enough opinion on this one to need to bribe someone.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Senator

Sigh. A true dilemma. I always fancied myself a treasure hunter. I would love to go and explore the sands for gold and jewels, but it is not to be. I shall write a poem about it later.

We must refuse slavery in all its forms. I propose to the sitting council member that house Gambol put in *2* of our own power, and offer house Cyfoeth two coins for two power.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

How does bargaining for signing rights work, again? If that was a thing one wanted to do.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

That Italian Guy posted:

Also from the OP (section on bargaining):

That specific line is actually verbatim from the game's manual :)

Right, I was just confused because I thought you had to make a deal with a specific person, and the leader can change during a vote because it's the person who spends the most votes, right? Or does that not happen under our rules?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Navigator

I think we should take on the signing regardless of if it's negative or not, personally. I would like the credit.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

C... posted:

Sitting Councilmember

I agree, one moon's turn after snubbing a neighbor is a strange time to not bolster the military. Still, our armed forces are healthy. I am leaning towards a medical renaissance, for the reasons that have been previously stated, but understand that both outcomes have benefits.

Nea my friend, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Treasurer/Duchess Nea

I'm of two minds here. I think improving the prowess of our military is a good idea and probably the a good move here. It balances the scales of being, frankly, broke.

On the other hand, there's a positive sticker. And I, Nea, grand duchess of the sea, just really love stickers. Stickers are legacy games, to me.

Also, I think it would be good to be having more medical knowledge. Our kingdom should prosper in more ways than one, and it would be good if we could make that happen.

So I am leaning aye.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

C... posted:

Sitting Councilmember

An interesting proposal, especially if a House were to pay you to fade into the background, only to then be outbid by another - spending much and gaining (nearly) nothing. Such a sorrow!

I don't believe Gambol desires the sticker sufficiently to swing purse or Power around, but I encourage my family to speak freely.

Okay but what if we did C. I do. I want the sticker.

Treasurer

Further reading, both of rereading the chronicle stickers rules and the dilemma, have convinced me that house Gambol should put forth a large amount of power to obtain the leadership role, but in accordance with that, Should house Pinchay still have their deal open we shall take it, assuming it is also open to Gambol.

As well and in alternative, we are prepared to offer to House Daucus, House Pinchay, House Lethe and House Cyofeth five coins to signing rights should their house win. House Gambol would like to sign the card, thank you, and we are willing to make a big spend for it.

Nea fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 16, 2021

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Quackles posted:

So you're saying any of us could buy House Gambol off like House Pinchay, is that correct? Could you provide some numbers as to what sort of power spend we'd get out of it with and without buying you off?

House Gambol Treasurer

Oh, I misread their proposal backwards, I thought they were saying THEY would vote less if they were paid.

No, what I meant rather was that Gambol should spend a large amount of power, and as a follow-up, I am also offering to make a deal for leadership should we fail to any other house.

Basically I want the sticker. Of course I'm not the council member so like, yanno, I don't determine the power spends, but I was thinking 4+

Nea fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 16, 2021

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Quote is not edit

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Quackles posted:

I thought they were saying they would vote less if they were paid.

I was just hoping you would vote less if you were paid.

House Gambol Treasurer
Oh, in that case we are in agreement, but no, I was offering to pay them off. I want the sticker.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Oh my loving God I did it again I'm never posting on mobile again

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

C... posted:

Sitting Council member

I would hate to splash out four Power to Yea the event (4+1) to (1) - or worse, to Yea it (5+4) to (0)!

House Gambol Treasurer

Indeed, that is why it would be preferable to gain signing rights first, however it would be a fine time to gather power later should we have to spend many power. Of course, should no one take the deal it's up to your judgement rather than mine for how to vote.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Slaan posted:

Sitting Councilor

The deal is indeed still open. So, shall you pay Pinchay 3 coins in exchange for NOT using 4 power to try and get the sticker?

(Basically:
3 coins = 1 aye vote
No coins = 4+ Pinchay votes to try and take sticker)

Treasurer

Sure will. Offer Accepted.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Hey, can we like, please be careful about not roleplaying gross fantasy and or just regular racism here thanks I do not want it and the cannibal stuff is real rear end racist tropes

Nea fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 17, 2021

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Sorry about that, iiii... Thought someone else was sitting council member this time and missed that I had come back up in the rotation. Sent in.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

King Vainglory or King Long Walk Upon The Cliffside, Overlooking Bountiful Fields (King Cliffside, commonly) are my two suggestions.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Rebel gives 1 crave if the king abdicates.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Treasurer

Hey, Pinchay, Cyfoeth, but especially Cyfoeth, 6 coins for 3 votes on aye , eh? This is a wonderful thing, new information for us to spread, house Daucus is absolutely right, though house Gambol personally needs to spend some time recuperating our capital .

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

grandalt posted:

{Councilmember

So, I understand, if we agree to these agreements, House Daucus and House Gambol will both pay us in the ratio stated if we vote yes? Assuming that is the case, I say Yes to these. A three power towards the aye.

Treasurer

Yep! That's correct.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Navigator

I have a proposal. I think my mate here is right, and the no is rather tempting. We don't want to end the reign of king Blythe here, so early. But... Knowledge is e'er tempting. And the coffers of house Gambol are so tragically low.

If the collected houses of the kingdom pay Gambol 16 coins, we will vote fully on yes with all nine power. Otherwise, we will vote no. I've run the numbers, if we and Lethe both go all in there's no way for you to win this debate. If we go all in on yes, there's no way for you to lose as long as one or two power are spent.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Navigator

All houses but us and Lethe have 15 power, us and Lethe together have 18 power. So, no, I think you will need to chip in for our war chest if you want an aye.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Navigator

If they say they aren't, i'll call an audible and do something else. It's fine.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Quackles posted:

...ooooor we could just sandbag and let you eat that fine negative sticker. You and House Lethe have the same amount of power, so one of you will end up with it.

More importantly, you'll note I've predicted you are Opulent. Such a move would guarantee you win the game and get a positive sticker in the offing.

Incidentally, I figured that you would be greater disposed to working with House Daucus this round after we helped you with House Pinchay last round, so I encourage you to show more compassion and fellow-feeling. The stickers and checkboxes in this game aren't the only legacy effects, after all. Some of the strongest ones are in the players' heads.

Navigator

Fair enough, I was being foolish. However, I will note that my house is /not/ opulent, and we would not thusly win the game, otherwise I would have simply voted yes to begin with.

While your friend down the thread has offered us to pay for four power, given the only real way to extend the game would be to eat a negative sticker, and no one is going for what, i will fully admit, was an unreasonable shot to take...

House Gambol intends to vote Aye with nine power.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Danaru posted:

Sitting Councilmember

House Cyfoeth will accept House Gambol's offer of 3 coins for 2 power for Aye. If this is what it takes to get food to the people, it's a price we're willing to pay.
House Gambol
Senator

That's not actually an offer we've made, so it'll have to wait for our navigator to see. We'll treat this as an offer you're makign in the mean time.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Danaru posted:

Is it not?
House Gambol
Senator
What you're missing here is that I missed a post earlier and that you were completely right and i was wrong, sorry!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Treasurer/Navigator

I'm pro joust. I think we all need some fun little relaxation times. We can find new generals or heroes from this. There could be some sort of dramatic twist or turn. I haven't had Joust Food in twenty years. Please let us joust.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Treasurer/Navigator

I really do think that we could use the time to enjoy ourselves here. We haven't been taking care of ourselves, the nobility.

And, out of character, I think that there's way too many fun story opportunities from hosting a tournament to let this go by. I don't know what will happen ,but it'll be interesting.

House Lethe, can I take your statement there as that you intend to vote aye? That is how I, personally, am leaning as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

eliasswift posted:

You know, we've been focused so much on the main event, that we forgot about the rest of the competition. So, today I give you:

Mostly Accurate Tourney Predictions
brought to you by House Daucus

Opening match: Sir Graw of Crann vs Luin Pinchay
I Quit Match

Sir Graw, with that famed Crann bloodlust, brings the pain to Luin, but the workhorse hero has the crowd on his side. Sir Graw ends up passing out from blood loss, leading to a technical victory for Luin.

Match 2: The Lumberjacks of Coden vs the Blodyn Bookkeepers.
Coast to Coast Tag Team

A match to determine whether Ankist's West or East are the best warriors, this battle will be in the nearby by on top of a boat, the victor being the last team left dry. A fair match with no underhanded tactics, Teke Cyfoeth is eliminated first by accidentally tossing himself over the railing trying to tackle the Bookkeeper Hyrogard. Arwyn Cyfoeth manages to eliminate both of the Bookkeepers on his own, securing victory for Coden.

Match 3: Kildos Gambol vs Prinno Allwed w/ Special Guest Referee Lord Tiryll
Custody of Kirk Allwed

Stoicism and Poetry vs Poverty and Hedonism! If you've been following the drama, Kirk Allwed wants to leave the poverty stricken lands of Allwed and join Gambol's sailors to try and explore and make a name for himself. House Gambol wished to take Kirk Allwed on, but Kirk's father Prinno refused. Thus we lead to this match.

While Kildos seems to take the match, a lucky shot from Prinno knocks Kildos to the floor. When Prinno goes for the victory, Lord Tiryll, pretends to have a wrist injury and can't finish the count. He can't give the poor their victory after all. Not wanting to win dirty, Kildos gets in Lord Tiryll's face and ends up attacking the ref, causing the ref to call a DQ and a victory for Allwed.

Match 4: Karlel Lethe vs Zikki Daucus
Zikki and Karlel start having a good match, and Zikki gets the upper hand. The Mother's priests sneak to the battle's side, distract the judges, and all jump Zikki together, ending in a victory for Lethe.

Main Event: Yubert Ghildar vs Traven Milner
Traven arrives for the tournament but Yubert refuses to go to the fight. Yubert does finally walk out in a huff and just lays down, giving Traven the victory. Traven makes a big speech about how poo poo like this is why the kingdom is in the shape its in and storms off. That Italian Guy breaks character to complain about the bullshit politics of the kingdom and that Traven can kiss his rear end.

:allears: i love this. more matches should be over child custody imo. god i miss wrestling but it just isn't the same without crowds