Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Begin making sacrifices to the gods of RNG and plenty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Dirk the Average posted:

There is no overkill. You either don't have enough material coming in, or you don't have a big enough factory to consume everything provided.

And it's always a constantly shifting line as to which is which.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Patware posted:

just cheat it baby

This is the way

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Black Pants posted:

Also! If anyone would like to test the alpha of my modpack and give some feedback. Just download the zip and import it with GDL/MultiMC/ATL/whatever. Any thoughts on what's good/bad, what you find frustrating etc will be welcome.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OOvSK4iR6HSPSqXfwbZNFm24fryve8se/view?usp=sharing

Note that I'm testing out a complete rebuild of the station (though not the domes) to make it more interesting/cool/suited for what I wanna do.

I did download and ran into the same issue(using multiMC) , but telling it to load anyway seems to have worked fine, I didn't see anything that looked broken that wasn't supposed to look broken at any rate.

All I've done so far is wander around, I did fine a couple of "secrets" and my way to engineering.

I can't say I love the gravity controls much, though I haven't played much with galacticraft in the past.

All in all for the 10 or so minutes I ran around I have to say you build some cool poo poo.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Ash Rose posted:

The thing that is on the ` key is vein mining btw.

Since I rarely play on servers of any real size, I always set the quest book to tab.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

tokin opposition posted:

Pretty sure anyone old enough to still be posting in a Minecraft thread on SA bought the game in alpha

I have not been reading this dead comedy forum for 15+ years to get called out like this!

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I've been playing GT:NH, I put down some magnum torches around my base and just sort of trundle along, I have my first EBF, but still haven't built up any real power infrastructure, because I get sidetracked doing some random little thing that turns in twelve others.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I left infernal/special mobs in my Gtnh run, but I cheated in an op crossbow/bolts with self repair.

In other news, I've been just trundling along and got babies first tree farm with Steve's Carts 2,i don't remember it being so finicky to insert and remove items, but I figured it out after much "wtfing"

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Yeah, a lot of the quests have been changed to completion only, instead of collect then complete.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
The optional quest portions and the ghost circuits were actually added some time in 2.2,though I think the optional portions of quests was expanded in 2.3

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
You should definitely build some sort of shrine around it.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
You can also compress it into stone plates, and then compress those into stone blocks.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

uniball posted:

AND…you can Ctrl Shift Mousewheel on the main bookmarked item to change the quantity, which will be reflected in the inputs, letting you know exactly how many 4x copper wires you need for your project

OK, I knew the rest, but this is news to me.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Threefold has a couple videos in his let's play series going over setting up the robot to breed crops for you, but that's HV, a metric rear end-load of materials, the void world, and either doing the thaumcraft research for Nether chests or hoping you get them from loot bags, Alternatively there's also the trandimenional receiver, but that's still IV, I think.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I'm having that same problem with a 1.18 skyblock pack, any time I break something that was placed from the offhand, it no longer stacks, but all the tag info is exactly the same.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Kyrosiris posted:

Good, gently caress Pneumaticraft. Stupid finicky pain in my rear end.

Pneumaticraft was finicky way back in Crash Landed, so it's nice to see they've kept up with tradition.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Threefold has decided to return to GT:NH after nearly 9 months.

Seems like he's gonna play more lawn base style, in the void, rather than continuing the massive pit he was building.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

StealthArcher posted:

Oh hey, reminds me of when power crystals came out with the first gen of power converters that included a water generator.

Pump water in for ec and a screenie of it drove the buildcraft guy bat poo poo into breaking everything.

If you want any readings done id be up for doing va.

I remember that, it was a glorious poo poo storm of everyone saying "Hey! You can't do that!"

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
At that point creosote is best used to turn into lubricant, which makes some recipes cheaper, and opens up others.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Ash Rose posted:

Last Gasp report back so far.

I am sitting at here in the quest log

I have access to 10/10/10 seeds for all but 2 of the magical agriculture seeds I have made, it looks like I'm moving on to gas and maybe power soon?

Making the magician's orb required what felt like way more capacity runes than it should have, the 10 you make for the quest seemed like it should have been enough (10k base, 20k from 10 runes =30k which is 5k more than the 25k the recipe book says it takes) but it wasn't enough so I kept slowly making more of them until I got frustrated and cheated in several just to be sure it could even be done (it was).

Cannot figure out how to seal up this other room, used stone and the glass from all over the outside of the station and its still a vacuum in here, have no idea how im supposed to really troubleshoot this.

Having fun, excited for what I see you are cooking up, kinda wish there was more storage options at this point but I am a baby who hates juggling several chests.

That's because your middle ring of runes are doing nothing. It's the 8 around the altar, then an air gap, then the 4 sets of 5.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Kafouille posted:

For rubber breeding up a basic IC2 crops stickreed is fairly easy and will supply you with resin until the end of time

Or get lucky and get stickreed seeds from a loot pouch!

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I used Bisecthosting for a while and never had any problems with it, they even had a drop down for most of the popular mod packs, gtnh included, to do an easy server install.

Stopped using it because of life stuff and never getting to or feeling like playing.

This was a couple years back though, so can't say if they are still any good.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

queeb posted:

Make sure you install one of the ways to do chunkloading. If you claim the area it'll protect it from mob damage which I did immediately after a creeper nuked a bunch of my chests

I thought 2.6 added the ftbutils fork directly to the pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It does, but for some insane reason the claiming and chunkloading feature is disabled by default. You have to go into the config to enable it. Also, the config is in the base instance directory, not in "config".

It wouldn't be gregtech if there wasn't some pointless design decisions. :haw: