Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Grimoire of Gaia is as horny as it gets on Curseforge, and just as miserable to play

this is my favourite part of any mod pitch though

quote:

Because I lack the skill in programming enhanced AI or equipment, I intended for this mod to add mobs and make the game harder while more powerful and well coded mods provide high-end enhancements to the player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Weembles posted:

I'd be a lot more willing to give Mana and Artifice a try if it didn't slap an unremovable status bar onto the UI.

You can toggle the display from the Codex Arcana, I've got mine displaying only while being used

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Twilight Forest is playable in 1.16 but you have to go through some hoops for the jar until they release it on curseforge

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Black Pants posted:

Oh I don't mean with the mod config screen, though that is annoying. I'm talking about the new, half-uptaken paradigm of 'have client, common, and server config files' like dragonshardz mentioned. Also going from generally simpler methods of adding custom content to datapack-imitating json nonsense.

The particular thing that sparked that comment was Farming for Blockheads' market entry definition config.

Previously, you'd use this:
code:
"custom entries": {
    "minecraft:seed":"2*minecraft:emerald"
}
Which has now blown out into
code:
"customEntries": [
  {
    "output": {
      "item": "minecraft:seed"
    },
    "payment": {
      "item": "minecraft:emerald",
      "count": 2
    },
    "category": "seeds"
  }
]
On the other hand, you can /reload to reload recipe scripts in-game and there's also an option Forge has to allow mods to respond to out-of-game config changes in real time, so there's that.

Yeah that's the forge devs switching how everything works for no discernible reason, as they've spent the last decade or so slowly disappearing up their own asses. Things that used to be completely configurable like Cyclic are now in three parts that each have a tenth of the options.

The JSON poo poo really fucks me off, if I'm learning javascript I'd prefer to be learning it for something useful.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

StealthArcher posted:

I should steal the source somehow and get a second minecraft lawsuit

:hai:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There are far too many Gregs

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Notch is loving us again

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen people in discords who are overjoyed at more revenue for modders and pack makers via unskippable ads in the launcher, so to a certain extent the community deserves this

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I've gotta see if my old desktop has an intact Plus+ or Sigma install, I don't know if they could be recreated at all nowadays

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope Fabric winds up in better hands soon, I'm so goddamn tired of this bloated mess run by an even older clique

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
IIRC they arbitrarily decided that mixins are just a crutch for bad programmers and that her mods were just placebos

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Let's just go back to jarmods, I'm tired of this poo poo

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't Forge Energy not formalized until like 1.12? I'm fairly certain RF was the standard until then, and it wasn't baked into Forge.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I remember reading in this thread that he balanced his mod to make sure he was always ahead of everyone else on his server

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Or put some players on the blighting team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

In my head, I have some notion of a team-based block game where the two sides have to blow up the other's MacGuffin or something and there's a mix of offence, defense, resource acquisition, and tech progression ending in a pile of Wile E Coyote machine shenanigans. Unfortunately, I expect it to mostly end in a lot of cheesy behavior.

This was old goon server KeepCraft and I've always wanted to see something similar with mods. AM2 had some features to that end, and Mana & Artifice has three factions right out of the gate