Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Kill it with fire then nuke it from orbit, then drop the planet into the sun, then throw the sun into a blackhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

finally... an additional 10% ore byproduct from maceration is within ur grasp...

The only way I can see gregtech being "relevant" is if 10+ people are in the same base.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

In unrelated news, I dunno why I didn't do this sooner:

IC2 miners are really really good. The drills benefit from enchantments, only issue is it sometimes gets stuck on a cobble gen. I don't know how GT miners work though. I haven't played GT since Plus+ pack and server went down.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Xun posted:

What are the tech mods with miners? I've usually used the digital miner from mekanism but maybe I should branch out

Immersive engineering has a big one that harvests "sub-bedrock" ore deposits, IC2 has one, Minefactory Reloaded has the Void laser drill, GT has a miner thing, One mod has a "quantum miner" dunno which one, I don't know of any others.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

This conversation is reminding my why Omnifactory is the only pack I've gotten good progress in Gregtech with. Focusing entirely on the processing and production without worrying about bloodmoons or hunger or the Twilight Forest while I'm trying to produce polyethylene is a lot easier for me.

Whats that? you don't like creepers spawning in the middle of your factory floor and detonating themselves on your line of MV machines? or the zombie that just tunneled his way though your fuel tanks and generators? or the fact you have to spend a whole day away from everything in a fortified bunker while madly swinging a sword at everything that moves in the hopes they die before they tunnel into your bunker? etc. etc. etc.

Suffering Is FUN......

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I'm still sad that twitch went "gently caress minecraft mods". It was the best rapid custom modpack maker I know of and it took 99% of the work out of "throwing mods in a modpack".

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Recently, Curseforge got sold to Overwolf, known peddlers of spyware and other nonsense. I use MultiMC these days, with https://github.com/Vazkii/CMPDL/releases the Curse Modpack Downloader to avoid having to deal with the overwolf garbage.

Why the gently caress did this happen and why isn't the minecraft modding community more "torches and pitchforks" with this?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

Gotta get those adfly pennies.

People probably spend more money on computer recovery from adfly ad malware than the mod makers using adfly get money from adfly.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

It happened because capitalism, and the other option would be like...Technic, which the main modloader devs don't like because grr, argh, goons.

I forgot to mention this but I think half of minecraft modding drama is "grr argh goons" I think?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Clairetic posted:

I dunno... 'tried' is pretty generous. As I recall, CJ put a copyright claim on github support against their modpack's project which they failed to legally follow up on, so GitHub was like, okay, well I guess this isn't going anywhere so here's your project back.

I still remember when this happened and our multiplayer server got taken down altogether. RIP Plus+ multiplayer, it was fun.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Clairetic posted:

What really? That sucks. I thought StealthArcher managed to get it back up and running after the momentum petered out.

If he did then I didn't know about it. And if he wants to do it again, I'm renting a server he can use to do it again.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

Also, play Blightfall.

I have a god drat blightfall server for like a year and I got like 10 people that joined, got bored, then left. I'm currently tempted to just nuke it and put in a different modpack like technic or tekkit or something. There's probably a million more modpacks on more recent versions or whatever with fancier mods I guess.

Blightfall is an amazing handmade modpack, but it's probably not one you would want to play by yourself because there is alot of grind and traveling involved.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 9, 2021

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
How do I ask a moderator to change my modded minecraft server thread title? or do I just need to make a new thread for the new modpack?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Hey everyone I made another minecraft modpack! This one is called "Escape from Raxla" and its based on a D&D game I ran last month. You are trapped on the interplanar planet of Raxla and you must try to build a portal to escape! This is basically a major rework of my old pack "Escape from Trantor", designed to make the world more dense with content. You will be assaulted by all kinds of weird mutant creatures battling for control of this ruined world.

This is a deadly world full of monsters! It will be a challenge to survive. You can hit the ' key to bring up a quest menu with some starting gear and the quests you need to complete to "win". You can also hit the . key to bring up a map that lets you make bookmarks and teleport (you will need to abuse this!) Have fun this is my personal mod pack, its very messed up and I configured all the mods to be 10x normal

Escape from Raxla
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hikkgk04toywmko/Escape+from+Raxla.zip/file
Make sure you select "Lost Cities" and "Raxla" when you make a new world!

An escape from Rutibex Raxla server is now available.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950791&pagenumber=1#post510587415
Server is not whitelisted so feel free to join. Just expect to die alot.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
There's a few that I know of.
There's one where all you have is botania mod, then there's a few skyblock-ish modpacks made by Jaded or something? I can't remember, but I remember you start on an island made out of hardened clay and a running river and you had to spend hours clicking on cobble with a hammer to get gravel and sift it and stuff.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It looks like the furnace's internal essential buffer is full and I'm not distilling the vitreus particularly quickly. I've tried bellows on the furnace, as well as connecting an alembic to a buffer with a bellows attached to that. I don't think it's really helping. The FTB Wiki claims "attaching Arcane Bellows to the sides [Re: Alchemical Furnace] increase the speed of draining the buffer," but I don't see any difference.

Attaching bellows to a furnace increases the smelting speed. I don't know if bellows can attach to ambleics though.

Black Pants posted:

(Spoiler: it was because of Player)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Are those the giant turbines that require a ton of room in front of them and will suck anyone or anything into them, kill them, destroy anything that drops, and break the turbine?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Hexxit 2 comes out tomorrow. Wonder how big of a pack it's going to be or what's in it. There's almost no information about it.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Patware posted:

anyone else having problems getting the Fairy Lights mod stuff to actually display in Hexxit 2?

I heard one of the optimization mods removes display of certain entities or something, and fairy lights are entities or something so fairy lights aren't displayed.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Forge loading times are things that could be cached. It spends the most time on compiling and cross-checking mods, creating an image atlas, sorting and proofing recipes, models, all that sort of stuff. If you're actively assembling or modifying a pack, that's fine, but if mods aren't changing from one launch to the next there's no need to recompile most of this stuff every single time. However the Forge devs don't seem to give a poo poo about this at all and so will not put any effort into fixing it, thus load times remain sky-high for some larger packs.
When I was playing Sevtech on my old computer it took 11 minutes to boot up.

I remember some packs that would take 30 minutes to load and had over 500 mods. Good times.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

Update on my project:

This kind of wants me to change my hexxit 2 server to whatever you are using. But there are still other people playing on my hexxit 2 server. I miss the big modpacks.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 12, 2021

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
An ad inside of a program running on your computer can very quickly turn into an involuntary crypto miner or anything else that someone else wants it to be.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

Because I can,

I'm not really sure how to make a rec area homey with the design theme lol I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Looks nice.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Holy loving poo poo, I thought the minecraft community was past this poo poo, but NOOOPE.
Come to think of it, this is probably worse now because of overwolf spyware and curse poo poo that's now required in all the modpacks they have.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Modded Minecraft: Adfly 3.0

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Danaru posted:

Why would you speak this into existence

What have you done
It's been around for a while actually.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

Just shilling this one more time because I think I've fixed all the existing problems it had. At least based on feedback given so far. But I'm happy with it and work is continuing.

I'm happy you are enjoying your work.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I haven't seen the stargate mod for litreal years.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
It feels like everyone is beginning to abandon forge and switch over to fabric.

Not sure if this is because they're tired of forge drama or more interested in fabric capabilities.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
My guess is they're switching from java because they don't want to touch the poo that is whatever new licensing that oracle is coming up with, and it probably makes it easier for cross platform gameplay and such.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Tekkit 2 is ok I guess, I think it's meant more for multiplayer with the amount of crafting, building, automating, and chunkloading you want to do. Some people are just building their tekkit 2 world around projectE, power flowers, and EMC collection and I feel that takes away from everything else about the modpack.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
:munch:

Nice, time to see who's left after the dust settles.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Found this floating island that is right above a big ol' trader outpost tower with villagers of all kind. Skyslimes periodically fall off this island and cause chaos.

That is a tinkers construct floating slime island. Good place to get slime trees and slime blocks and a few other slime things.
I haven't played modded minecraft for so long and I instantly knew what that was. Not sure if that's good or bad.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

Ah! I didn't think it could be disabled. Vazkii is funny about that. But, cool.

I wonder if moving a Dawn Machine with an AE2 system attached will still cause Bad Things...

For those that want to play blightfall 3.0, I have rented a server. You can find it over on private games server subforums.: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016299

The moderator hasn't gotten around to changing the thread title yet.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Looking at the logs I'm the only one to have ever logged onto my server, and at this point I just made a flint pickaxe head then logged out. I can still just reinstall the world to make you happy.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I have so many god drat emeralds, I probably have 100 emeralds but very little tech metal, I'm also working on making my first dawn totem, almost fully cleared mushroom island of taint, and am also working on the osmotic enchanter. The Most "tech" thing I have is a single hardened pulverizer and an energy cube thing I got from a loot bag. You can find a diamond in one of the infested village blacksmith chests

Also I am forever alone on my server.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
When you eat the last item from a lunchbox that also leaves behind an item, like mushroom soup gives you back the bowl, the bowl is left behind inside the lunch box, trying to eat from the lunch box while there is an inedible item inside kicks you from the server with internal server error.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Macaluso posted:

The general consensus seems to be that the chance of losing gear and items and XP is part of the difficulty, but the items exploding everywhere really far is also annoying for if you can get back to them and go to collect them. So they want the ability to have the items all drop in one place but want to have it be on a timer so that you can't just wait out whatever mobs are there (several of us have mines right under our houses we'll often be on the chunks that have the death). And I guess they don't want to be able to just keep throwing themselves naked at a hard enemy over and over until it's dead and then just be able to simply pick their stuff back up. For the record I think that's all very dumb and would just like to be able to easily get my stuff if I die but they're fans of a lot of the WoW classic level tedious difficulty nonsense so I'm outvoted on that account.

If there's a way to change something in the files somewhere that makes it so the items all fall into one block in a pile where you die instead of all over the place, that'd be a compromise they'd go for but they couldn't find a way to do that.

Yes it's this. It's not "to prevent despawning", it's to keep items from literally flying everywhere. I've had items fly off the edge of a landmass 3 chunks away because I hit the ground too hard, and lost them forever because I couldn't find them.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
If I remember correctly you can pick up those ground garden things and put them back down and they'll spread from the planted garden for a few blocks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

StealthArcher posted:

Also Squirrelo, wargames and Karsan alongside KoL and Cockmoxie, but yeah, you were in the same poo poo. It has indeed, a lot of this was late 12 early 13, all before the cross compatible 1.7 series came out that December.

Also Sengir was exploding bees binch boy. CJ was the guy who made sanctions.jpg, so railcraft.

Why are we still using exploding bee and exploding rail mods?