Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

While I would strongly recommend Subnautica to everyone, I wouldn't recommend it as a base builder. Your bases just don't really do much of anything other than look cool and help you upgrade your vehicles. I can absolutely respect someone who wants to build a cool nuclear powered underwater viewing dome to watch the striders go by, but it's just not scratching the same kinds of itches for me to call it a base builder.

I do get a massive kick out of pimping out my submarine into a nearly totally self sustaining mobile oppression palace, so maybe I'm undermining myself slightly on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

explosivo posted:

Is kenshi.. good? I watched Robbaz play it a lot a while back and it always looked really interesting but also horribly janky so I pretty much chalked it up as one of those games that is best consumed by watching someone else play.

It's strangely compelling once you get used to the jank. You can build a mostly automated base churning out end game weapons to kit out a death squad, and also have a lone ninja stealthing and stealing the most valuable items in existence. The world is also strange and unique which does a lot of heavy lifting.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Mayveena posted:

I'm in!. Watch Sky Storme's mini look at NIMBY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f0-G37Ll6o Boy, two possibly awesome management games coming out in a week! NIMBY and Dyson's sphere. Can't wait!

The Sky Storme video is wierding me out as he sounds like Paul Joseph Watson, one of the more popular YouTube racists. Like I walked into an alternative world where the guy just became a giant dork. Pretty interesting looking game, though!

Edit: edited to post to be more clear. Sorry!

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 19, 2021

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Mayveena posted:

How is he racist? Explain please, as he's currently linked in the OP.

Sorry, that's a typo. I mean he sounds just like Paul Joseph Watson.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

queeb posted:

drat i didnt expect dsp to actually be good

Same. I thought it looked like early access mediocrity, but I want to build a Dyson sphere with every fibre of my being so I'll be pouring over reviews now.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

kanonvandekempen posted:

Maybe not quite what this thread is about, but there's potion craft: alchemist simulator
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1210320/Potion_Craft_Alchemist_Simulator/?l=french

That art style is brilliant. My only criticism would be that the characters should look more like crappy medieval portraits than they do.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1425835488825384972?s=19

poo poo yeah, FrostPunk 2.

Absolutely no details, other than it's set 30 years on since the start of the cooling, and everyone is after oil now.

Thrilled to once again choose between becoming SnowPope or IceHitler.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Did Nebuchadnezzar ever get good, or at least OK? I see it's on sale, but I've also never played Caeser 3 so I might just get the old game instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I've just beaten the magic level in Factory Town, and I think I might be starting to burn out on it. I think it's main problem is that it's way of adding new tiers is just throwing in a new set of basic resources to juggle, so even with a few little wrinkles like depleted gems and power transmission, it just feels like the same stuff but in a different part of the map. It compares badly with Factorio where you had what, four different resources and had to come up with solutions to mine, feed, and process truly terrifying quantities of all of them into your factory, which was a lot more interesting and engaging.