Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

freakin out rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a better thing for pinnochio to say is "my nose or my penis will grow 6 inches"
the magic only has 1 way to avoid paradox and its gonna have to take it

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
If his intent was to lie his nose would grow.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
id need to hear geppetto say "careful what you wish for" in a gravelly voice to be sure but im almost a 100% that hes a wishmaster

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Is this canon?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I bet I could kick pinocchio's rear end in a fight

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Poohs Packin posted:

Is this canon?

I am Pinnochio

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

TheAardvark posted:

I bet I could kick pinocchio's rear end in a fight

gently caress

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
pappa gepetto please get off my face

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
To save a small percentage of trees, Pinocchio should be enslaved and used as a consistent wood source 24 hours a day.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If he says it's about to grow, as in not right now, then he could technically be truthful. If he said "My nose will grow because of this statement", then he's screwed and his head explodes into a shower of pine needles sharp enough to kill anyone else in the room

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

his dick would grow 3 feet

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

It's clearly this, the nose thing is an externalization of his own sense of dishonesty, it's not a detector of Philosophical Truths. If he said it sincerely believing it would happen, then it wouldn't, but if he said it to be a sneaky little poo poo trying to game the system, it would grow.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

his dick would grow 3 feet

What if his dick and nose grew AT THE SAME TIME! :aaaaa:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Supreme Allah posted:

pappa gepetto please get off my face

Gepetto says "you love it, don't you?"
Now what!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Big Beef City posted:

Now what!

I can see the fanart for this scenario as a two panel comic and I wish I couldn't

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Now what!

Cage match obvs. :smug:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

gary oldmans diary posted:

a better thing for pinnochio to say is "my nose or my penis will grow 6 inches"
the magic only has 1 way to avoid paradox and its gonna have to take it
this is indefinitely weaponizable

he could say "you're going to die of a heart attack in 5 seconds or my nose is about to grow"

he's basically a death note

whoever said they could beat him in a fight, retract immediately

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
He’s made out of pine and since he’s a boy (nose not that big in diameter) I’m not sure how great harvesting his nose wood would be for anything

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

If his nose could grow indefinitely and be harvested where does the wood come from? Does his body create mass from nothing? And does that mass disappear once he’s gone a sufficient amount of time without lying? Does the wood you harvested disappear?

None of this poo poo makes any sense.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lying and being wrong are two different things.

Otherwise Pinocchio could say something like "There is an afterlife" and get a definitive answer.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Free energy machine of deliberately lying wooden boys whose noses are chopped off and burnt to turn water into steam and operate a turbine, Gepetto you're a genius.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
How many sentient dolls do you think Geppetto had to terminate with an axe or with fire before he got it right.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Late at night Geppetto says a prayer and crosses himself and takes out of a box an eyeless mouthless wooden head with only a nose.

He put its on the floor and squats over its face

"Tell me I am a good father"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

If Pinocchio dies do Christians believe he will go to heaven? Is Pinocchio damned?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Hey guys, I just had this totally original thought, since God is all powerful can he create something so big that he can't move it?

u guys I'm totally freaking out :psyboom:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Tip posted:

Hey guys, I just had this totally original thought, since God is all powerful can he create something so big that he can't move it?

u guys I'm totally freaking out :psyboom:

Hell, same.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Does Pinnochio even have a dick? Geppetto's motivations have always been at least a little suspect, but if he carved Pinnochio a dick then there is no doubt about what he was up to. That makes the theme about obeying your parents a little troubling.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Moon Atari posted:

Does Pinnochio even have a dick? Geppetto's motivations have always been at least a little suspect, but if he carved Pinnochio a dick then there is no doubt about what he was up to. That makes the theme about obeying your parents a little troubling.

In the book Geppetto has a reputation for abusing young boys and Pinocchio gets him arrested.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Ok, so the paradox triggers a causality failure and a resultant total matter energy conversion.

Small puppet weighs, what 10kg.

That's about a 200 Megaton blast OP

Before conductiong the experiment, stand well back. At least one continent length away.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Tip posted:

In the book Geppetto has a reputation for abusing young boys and Pinocchio gets him arrested.

Pinocchio also straight up murders the talking cricket.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Pinnochio was a real piece of poo poo. Just an irredeemable rear end in a top hat at every moment. How I hate him.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Moon Atari posted:

Pinnochio was a real piece of poo poo. Just an irredeemable rear end in a top hat at every moment. How I hate him.

I like when he went to the island for boys who smoke cigars play pool and break windows.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Pinocchio also straight up murders the talking cricket.

And then it comes back as a ghost to scold him from beyond the grave.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I just really the plot summary and man that book is hosed up lol

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I was introduced to the Disney Pinnochio first as a kid. Then my mom borrowed an audio tape with the real story for me at the library and it made me so scared I had to turn it off before getting all the way through. I think it was a scene where someone threatens to throw Pinnochio into a fire.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Moon Atari posted:

The nose is the dick why else do you think it gets longer and thicker and starts dripping

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
But Doctor, I am Pinocchio!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The Russian knockoff is even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I prefer the Japanese version where he's a pipe-dwelling golem that grows when he eats mushrooms. Mushroom or 'shiitake' means 'falsehood' of 'subterfuge', depending on the translation