Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
A great QB makes your WRs better and attracts better WRs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

welp, we need to win it all then

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dolphins have the draft capital to do it. A player like Watson is worth 2 firsts and Tua.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

On one hand, it scares me to build up all these resources only to turn around and dump the majority of them into a single player.

But...if you don't have a QB like Deshaun you have very little chance to ever win a Super Bowl.

Then again...to whom would Deshaun throw if he came to Miami? We just spent the season crying about how lovely our skill guys are.

Whatever! I'll talk myself into whatever stupid rear end move we make :haw:

I think the Dolphins weapons are more a problem in the context of them being entirely big tall contested catch guys who are all vertically oriented and you having a young QB who is used to looking for separation and some timing skills.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

seiferguy posted:

Dolphins have the draft capital to do it. A player like Watson is worth 2 firsts and Tua.

Yup.

Plus between Golladay, Robinson, Smith Schuster and the draft it's a great year to need a receiver

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm having fun posting about the miami dolphins with all of you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mitch identifies with MJ because he also went to UNC and plays for a Chicago sports team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

Mitch identifies with MJ because he also went to UNC and plays for a Chicago sports team

frommmmmm north CARolina

remembering the time right after he was drafted they showed mitch's picture on the jumbotron at a bulls game and everyone started booing the poo poo out of him and then they showed that he was actually there at the game

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1348340349178159104?s=21

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

R.D. Mangles posted:

frommmmmm north CARolina

remembering the time right after he was drafted they showed mitch's picture on the jumbotron at a bulls game and everyone started booing the poo poo out of him and then they showed that he was actually there at the game
Were there tears rolling down his cheeks?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gotta think Tua's dad is gonna come in and give his opinion about him going to Houston.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

frommmmmm north CARolina

lmao

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Anyone have a link of that lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't believe the Texans drove off a franchise LT, an all-star WR, and probably soon the best quarterback the franchise will ever see.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't believe the Texans drove off a franchise LT, an all-star WR, and probably soon the best quarterback the franchise will ever see.

Yeah it's loving awesome watching your lovely chud ownership and televangelist garbage human being run away the actually cool and interesting players. It definitely doesn't incite rage in the fanbase, none at all!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Who was the tackle?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

It’s drat amazing watching people with way too much money convince themselves that all that money means they aren’t dumb as poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

tarbrush posted:

Who was the tackle?
Duane Brown

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

tarbrush posted:

Who was the tackle?

Duane Brown got shipped to Seattle

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s drat amazing watching people with way too much money convince themselves that all that money means they aren’t dumb as poo poo.

I can easily see how you can accumulate yes men until your judgement is just completely warped.

Particularly if you weren't the one who made the money and all you're used to is processing what other people tell you.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
It's cool to see Cal McNair find his very own Stephen Miller

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SKULL.GIF posted:

Duane Brown got shipped to Seattle

And he's been fantastic for us! 2nd best LT in franchise history.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1348313292666757122

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I’ll take it but I’ll do the Texans one better. Obviously your stupid front office wants to “teach Watson a lesson,” so send all your picks to the 49ers with him.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Amy Pole Her posted:

Who knows anymore. We’ll see. I’m not giving Tua and 3 firsts

you kidding me, I'd take that in a heartbeat. half a heartbeat. 1/16 of a heartbeat

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yeah trade your star for a broken toy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jimmy isn't enough of a God-fearing Christian for Easterby

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There is a ridiculous imbalance in QB quality between the AFC and the NFC. The NFL needs to intervene and ensure Watson heads to the NFC for the good of the sport IMO.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

you dorks better be careful when you talk about sf or LAR getting a good qb like Watson.

Those teams have the best two head coaches in football.

They win games with Goff and Mullen.

Giving them a real qb? Gloves off babey

It is also true the Shanahan had Matt Ryan for 28-3, and McVay got so owned by BB that his team only scored 3 points in a SB. The former has completely shattered the Falcons organization, but the latter seems uncursed so far, but Goff did break his thumb just in time for the playoffs

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I mean, the pats gave the texans easterby and caserio, so it only seems fair, to get a favor in return...

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Man, I am really glad the Steelers did not lose Omar Khan

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

D-LINK posted:

Man, I am really glad the Steelers did not lose Omar Khan

There's still time for Carolina to poach him :)

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

There's still time for Carolina to poach him :)

Tepper! :argh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The NFL x Nick content we crave

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1348387321041747968?s=19

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

latinotwink1997 posted:

What does being an engineer have to do with it? I’d usually expect people with more science based careers to be more well informed. And as an engineer and chud/tromp hater myself, I resent this association.

I know this is from a while ago but laughing so goddamned hard

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/soIoucity/status/1348389853889761283

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I don't know where you got the idea that being good at science and math also means being well informed on social issues. Book smarts doesn't always equal street smarts.

STEM people generally operate based on proven or strongly evidence based facts and not opinions or word of mouth? (Please spare me the anecdotal examples of engineers or scientists that were dumb fucks. They are probably bad at their jobs too). Hell, the rioting is due to a bunch of people believing what a politician says is true and not being informed about it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Correct most stem people are bad at their jobs

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Metapod posted:

Correct most stem people are bad at their jobs

I think you could make that argument for any profession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

latinotwink1997 posted:

STEM people generally operate based on proven or strongly evidence based facts and not opinions or word of mouth? (Please spare me the anecdotal examples of engineers or scientists that were dumb fucks. They are probably bad at their jobs too). Hell, the rioting is due to a bunch of people believing what a politician says is true and not being informed about it.

STEM people are great at STEM things. They think they’re great at other things, but instead they’re suck at it. The bar and restaurant industry is littered with failed restaurants run by STEM people who thought it was easy.