Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Woozie66 posted:

Send him to Minny for Kirk, so Houston ownership can finally have a QB they can rally around.

Trump card (get it) of Thielen as well. Cal McNair would love a player that is breaking down the caste system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

“EVERY GAMEDAY I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE LAST DANCE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, MICHAEL JORDAN...

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

you dorks better be careful when you talk about sf or LAR getting a good qb like Watson.

Those teams have the best two head coaches in football.

They win games with Goff and Mullen.

Giving them a real qb? Gloves off babey

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the texans are going to be the most righteous 1-15 team ever

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Athanatos posted:

If Mitch wins, free Mitch avatars for all who want them.

Hell, if Mitch loses probably the same anyway.

If Mitch wins, I might have to replace my man Kyle.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

With that mentality, it sounds like Mitch is a perfect fit for the Texans. Trade Mitch + a 1st rounder for Watson, imo

The McNair family wants a right wing evangelical Trump supporter.

So basically they're going to give 100 mil to Heinicke.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Carlosologist posted:

The Texans would be stupid to turn down Tua, their pick, 18, and maybe a couple of lower round picks

Of course, they’d be stupid to trade Watson in the first place but it seems like he’s gonna get “culture fitted” right on out of there

If he really wants a trade and is willing to sit then Houston doesn’t have a choice. Their stupidity was in the many decisions that lead to the point that their top 5 QB doesn’t want to be anywhere near them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Carlosologist posted:

The Texans would be stupid to turn down Tua, their pick, 18, and maybe a couple of lower round picks

Of course, they’d be stupid to trade Watson in the first place but it seems like he’s gonna get “culture fitted” right on out of there

The Jets can make them a better offer than that easily.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Deshaun has a no trade clause and he's not goign to let himself be traded to the Jets.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

Deshaun has a no trade clause and he's not goign to let himself be traded to the Jets.

Depends who the coach is. They can make the team attractive for him by hiring a coach he wants like Beiniemy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

He has a no trade clause. I imagine he invokes it if they try to send him anywhere he doesn't want to go

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Athanatos posted:

If Mitch wins, free Mitch avatars for all who want them.

Hell, if Mitch loses probably the same anyway.
Thank God I've had this avy for what feels like my entire life

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

FizFashizzle posted:

The McNair family wants a right wing evangelical Trump supporter.

Probably. Which is why one of the few avenues for Watson to get traded despite having no leverage is if he pisses off ownership bad enough.

If I was his agent and want him moved I'd just be having him go full SJW because thats going to get him off the team faster than anything else.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/10/report-deshaun-watson-would-consider-trade-to-dolphins/

Suck it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Tua is highly regarded as much as you desperately want to believe otherwise. It’s why the Jets aren’t even being discussed - they don’t have a top tier prospect to offer like Miami. The #2 isn’t it. And the next years picks are question marks.

Jets aren’t even in the same universe. I’d think you’d need a young prospect that still has tons of potential, a top 10 pick this year, and a high future first or a good range first this year. Plus likely smaller picks like a 4/5. Oh and tons of cap space.

Jets have almost all of it. But not Tua to offer.

It’s a weird position Miami is in, but they’re in it.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 10, 2021

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The only missing piece is Houston's interest in Tua. You can't just foist a QB onto another team. Where's Houston's interest?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

pasaluki posted:

The only missing piece is Houston's interest in Tua. You can't just foist a QB onto another team. Where's Houston's interest?

A top tier qb prospect from a team their no trade clause having qb is willing to go to.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean if Watson goes nuclear interest doesnt matter. Especially with a no trade clause

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tua is highly regarded as much as you desperately want to believe otherwise. It’s why the Jets aren’t even being discussed - they don’t have a top tier prospect to offer like Miami. The #2 isn’t it. And the next years picks are question marks.

Jets aren’t even in the same universe. I’d think you’d need a young prospect that still has tons of potential, a top 10 pick this year, and a high future first or a good range first this year. Plus likely smaller picks like a 4/5. Oh and tons of cap space.

Jets have almost all of it. But not Tua to offer.

It’s a weird position Miami is in, but they’re in it.

There are people that like Tua and there are people that like Darnold and the Jets have more 1st's to offer. If I was the Texans, i wouldn't want either Tua or Darnold and would just draft Wilson or Fields with the pick you get in the trade but I'm clearly not the texans and we have no idea what they are going to do. None of these rumors are actually coming from the Texans.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pasaluki posted:

Apparently their new GM likes Tua, if this fella is correct.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1348315996394811393?s=20

My mind is still spinning with the possibilities. It's still difficult to imagine Houston moving a player like Deshaun.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just feel like if you're trading Tua here, especially to Houston, you're turning him into Rosen.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Texans are clearly being run by incompetent fools. It's impossible to predict what they are going to do.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

The Texans are clearly being run by incompetent fools. It's impossible to predict what they are going to do.

Your most accurate take in a while, sir

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

Think it’s in AFCE but apparently Caserio loved Tua and wanted the Patriots to make a move for him but they were too far down, based on that thread with Mort discussing the rumors coming out of Houston

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Think it’s in AFCE but apparently Caserio loved Tua and wanted the Patriots to make a move for him but they were too far down

Well you have that and that chaplain probably liking Tua's character.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Who knows anymore. We’ll see. I’m not giving Tua and 3 firsts

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

latinotwink1997 posted:

What does being an engineer have to do with it? I’d usually expect people with more science based careers to be more well informed. And as an engineer and chud/tromp hater myself, I resent this association.
I don't know where you got the idea that being good at science and math also means being well informed on social issues. Book smarts doesn't always equal street smarts.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Who knows anymore. We’ll see. I’m not giving Tua and 3 firsts

lol. Tua has no chance of being as good as Watson is.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 10, 2021

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If Caserio really liked Tua that probably says a lot about how good he is going to be

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

lol. Tua has no chance of being as good as Watson is.

Did you respond to the right person or did you read my post wrong or.. what

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Did you respond to the right person or did you read my post wrong or.. what

I'm saying that Tua + 3 1's is a no brainer for the Dolphins.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I hope Houston trades Watson for minimal gain and they go 2-14 the next two years while Watson wins an MVP in Miami or wherever.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I mean I think it would take Tua both 1sts this year and probably a first next year.

I mean maybe the 2 1sts a 2nd and 3rd next year?

Who knows but I definitely think Miami has one of the only legit chances at this.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Ehud posted:

My mind is still spinning with the possibilities. It's still difficult to imagine Houston moving a player like Deshaun.

It seems impossible but the NFL has warmed up way more to moving top name players for picks especially with the rookie wage scale.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It would be a win-win really. Houston hosed up their relationship with him and they suck poo poo with him anyway. Save some cash, get some assets for growth, continue to suck poo poo with a chance of getting better. Miami gets a top 5 QB and fully become a threat.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ugghhhhhhh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

not surprising but

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1348332726345207809

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

On one hand, it scares me to build up all these resources only to turn around and dump the majority of them into a single player.

But...if you don't have a QB like Deshaun you have very little chance to ever win a Super Bowl.

Then again...to whom would Deshaun throw if he came to Miami? We just spent the season crying about how lovely our skill guys are.

Whatever! I'll talk myself into whatever stupid rear end move we make :haw:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ehud posted:

On one hand, it scares me to build up all these resources only to turn around and dump the majority of them into a single player.

But...if you don't have a QB like Deshaun you have very little chance to ever win a Super Bowl.

Then again...to whom would Deshaun throw if he came to Miami? We just spent the season crying about how lovely our skill guys are.

Whatever! I'll talk myself into whatever stupid rear end move we make :haw:

He’s 25, who even cares what happens in the next couple of years? You’d have a top 5 QB for the next decade at least, as long as your team owner doesn’t call him up and tell him all lives matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I mean, it has to start at at Tua and 2 firsts, right?