Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Also FO finished DVOA for 1983, which is only important in that it finally gives us Marino's rookie season and to no surprise:

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1346841589826654208

DVOA is stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

It is but Marino's rookie season was the best we've ever seen. Herbert was solid and all but it was a different era and Marino still dominated.

Oh agreed. DVOA just sucks in general

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Who's the least deserving (player) inductee of the last twenty years?

Terrell Davis

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/NFL345/status/1347294804078710788?s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

how many teams wouldn't trade for Watson if he was available? 4?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

^^ bills and ravens i forgot, so 6 maybe

Chiefs, Chargers, Green Bay, Seattle... that's gotta be it. Theres other teams that likely couldnt afford him or the potential trade but man their GMs would do whatever it took if Watson was legit up for sale.

Green Bay would absolutely trade for Watson just because Rodgers is ancient.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

GD_American posted:

Name the last franchise QB that didn't re-sign with his team before his rookie contract expired. Kirk Cousins is the only one I could think of.

Cutler

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Drew Brees probably turned out the best if you want to go back that far?

Rookie contract plus one franchise tag year before moving along from the Chargers if I've got the timing correct.

Yeah, he was playing on the tag in 2005 when he got hurt.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

GD_American posted:

Yeah Brees is probably the purest example of what I was getting at- a QB that let his rookie deal run out, the team wanted to re-sign him and make an offer, and he walked. Cutler is close, though he demanded a trade and got out before his deal expired.

Without the catastrophic shoulder injury, Brees doesn't leave San Diego. It isn't like he wanted to leave

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Dude they had already drafted Rivers by then.

Because Brees was flat out bad in 2003.

He had a great 2004 and played well in 2005. Without the injury, the Chargers don't offer him a long term contract laden with incentives. They sign him to a long term deal and flip Rivers who hadn't started a game yet

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It cannot be understated how much that shoulder injury changed things.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

probably the thing i remember most in my life as an NFL fanatic is when drew brees went out hurt and big phil rivers came in and all the fans were cheering louder than they ever had before. They had been begging for D.B. to get hosed and never have a job again after a pathetic loss at the famous "The Chiefs In-Door Dome" that famously has a big roof on it.

I was at that game and no one cheered you are a liar sir

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sad Keenan didn't get a vote

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

GD_American posted:

On paper he turned down $50 million from the Chargers to take $60 million from the Saints. The truth is that the Chargers deal was barely any guaranteed money or salary; it was hugely incentivized. They hedged on him so hard he had to leave.

Yes because his shoulder was destroyed.

If that injury doesn't happen, the contract isn't super incentivized. Brees wanted to stay.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

GD_American posted:

Eh, I'm not throwing smoke at the Chargers. The Dolphins lost out on him for the same reason. The Saints gambled and won.

Oh absolutely.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers team doctor was consulted and told them this :suicide:

They were right at the time.

People really understate how gruesome that injury was

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1347766849845522433?s=19

:3

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

chamois posted:

i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the chargers are going to keep being bad for a long time

Maybe. Bad teams can have good players though, so I will continue to root for them if thats okay with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/kurt13warner/status/1348386784187621377

This is cool