Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

jase1 posted:

Are there any rules about the coach communicating with people on the sidelines if he is not at the game? I swear I read somewhere it’s not allowed but just making sure.

There are rules about 'electronic signals' or something like that? Anyway yeah you're not supposed to do it, I remember a Browns GM got in trouble for sending text messages to the sideline or something silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: oops you got there first.

I don't know if Gettleman should be fired, I do know that the burden of proof is on Daltos here because...well...*points in the general direction of New York and standings and such*

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
From the eye test and my faulty memory I don't remember Ben's rookie season being all that impressive. I mean he won all the time, but I didn't feel like it was him winning so much as maintaining a platform that allowed the rest of the team to get the job done.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D-LINK posted:

Lindsey Graham in full cya mode

I like to think this wasn't in the wrong thread and you're making a joke about Doug Pederson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

Is Gase a garbage human being or just a poor head coach?

By all accounts yes?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
All they had to do was just not promise him they'd talk to him and it would have been business as usual. But making the promise and then not bothering to at least sit him down and let himself be sold on the idea (which I'm sure you could figure out a way to do)...

Just sitting here shaking my head wondering how they got to this point and I don't even care about the Texans.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wait -- he wanted Bieniemy as GM?

No, coach. It's just that everyone with an available opening is interviewing Bienemy except for the Texans and he's the guy Deshaun wants.

I mean he's a really likeable guy in their defense, they might be inclined to hire him if they talked to him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Traxis posted:

Pretty sure Goff has always been "limited"

DariusLikewise posted:

Goff for Watson straight up

I continually go through phases of thinking something like 'Sean McVay is overrated!' and then immediately 'but he's doing this with Jared Goff as his QB.'

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Drew Brees probably turned out the best if you want to go back that far?

Rookie contract plus one franchise tag year before moving along from the Chargers if I've got the timing correct.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Chip Kelly, maybe, though you could also argue that he built the roster that won Doug a title. And there was no franchise QB to alienate there.

Man that one Foles year with Chip though.

Foles has had such a bizarrely memorable career for a guy who's really pretty bad most of the time. But not all of it, and the parts where he wasn't bad he was really damned good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Definitely not what I would call a top landing spot but the Jags could conceivably get him for one first.

Which would create conversations about whether it was the right move or not for goddamned years even if Lawrence doesn't pan out. And especially if he does.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

I have a hard time seeing the Texans trading him within the division.

That's part of what would make the conversation spicy.

But yeah there's surely no way, although if you wanted to imagine this is a better year than most.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Even a "can't miss, sure thing prospect" is not as good as a proven elite NFL QB.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I absolutely would trade a 0-snaps-played Trevor Lawrence for a 25-year-old Deshaun Watson every single time. I don't care that Trevor would be on his rookie contract.

You guys are like, applying logic to the Texans. Which I'm just going to say seems doubtful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Josh Allen is an All-Pro QB lmao

Tied with Mahomes, so my making GBS threads on Allen's draft position is now somehow equal to you making GBS threads on his.

I say that without rancor, I just don't understand it even though he deserves it.