Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Gatts posted:

I would think Rodgers would be good even into his early 40s

Please don’t say things you can’t take back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

A white, QB, engineering student is a chud? I’m shocked!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

latinotwink1997 posted:

What does being an engineer have to do with it? I’d usually expect people with more science based careers to be more well informed. And as an engineer and chud/tromp hater myself, I resent this association.

Engineers are way more likely to be Republicans.

This is from 2012, but at the time they did a survey and found engineers to be almost 3x more likely to be a Republican over a Democrat.

https://www.machinedesign.com/news/article/21819513/the-politics-of-engineers

And don’t think being a scientist or an engineer means you stay well informed about other stuff. I have a friend whose parents are retired rocket scientists and they were getting into Q poo poo.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I love this because you can say this in so many different ways.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Athanatos posted:

If Mitch wins, free Mitch avatars for all who want them.

Hell, if Mitch loses probably the same anyway.

If Mitch wins, I might have to replace my man Kyle.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

latinotwink1997 posted:

STEM people generally operate based on proven or strongly evidence based facts and not opinions or word of mouth? (Please spare me the anecdotal examples of engineers or scientists that were dumb fucks. They are probably bad at their jobs too). Hell, the rioting is due to a bunch of people believing what a politician says is true and not being informed about it.

STEM people are great at STEM things. They think they’re great at other things, but instead they’re suck at it. The bar and restaurant industry is littered with failed restaurants run by STEM people who thought it was easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

King Hong Kong posted:

Worse overconfidence collapse today: the STEM-lord poster or the Steelers coming into the game?

I’m glad to have contributed to one of them at least.