Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
So near to where I'm staying there are two inexpensive takeaways on the same block.

One has pretty decent side salad but the rice is always dry-ish for some reason.

The other has freshly steamed rice but worse salad.

Either way I will be dissapointed so why is this hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

Which season of Archer or Always Sunny to stream in the background when too stressed out to do anything.

Either way I'll smile.

Bright Bart

Which series of bad decisions that ruined friendships, health, finances, or career I should let bother me as I'm trying to sleep.

Either way I'll stay up in dread.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Do I like, get up an work today, or lay back down and try to dream about race cars?
Either way I'll be dissatisfied and wonder what I'm doing with my life.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
well, the rice is (i am assuming a lot here) going to be a major part of your meal. so unless the salad is extremely good in itself, i'd go for the better rice texture

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
don't get me wrong. a salad can be a star of its own, even a king (im looking at you, mediterranean salads). but a good main can be ruined by bad rice

Nosfereefer

actually what kind of foods are these different places offering? b/c if its substandard kebab in pita, i would ask them to put less rice in it

alexandriao

whether to play the original haloce mp or moviebattles, either way im bad at it

alexandriao

should i browse something awful or twitter

Bright Bart

Nosfereefer posted:

actually what kind of foods are these different places offering? b/c if its substandard kebab in pita, i would ask them to put less rice in it

Close. They are Vietnamese restaurants that offer a few Vietnamese dishes but mostly just like chicken balls with rice and coleslaw.

Now that you mentioned kebab I am nostalgic for how they were in the parts of Europe I stayed in about ten years ago. Even German street vendors would have good stuff. And Poland, where I guess Turkish migration was new, it was a whole other level: You'd get lamb, first of all. It would be served in a fresh delicious bun. And the sauces were housemade runny garlic based on yogurt. The last I had frequented that did anything close to the sort is closed down I think. It's all chicken or beef in a pita that comes from a bag and topped with a presumably mayonnaise-based sauce. The only real difference between the mediocre and outright bad are those that by heat some meat up on a skillet if necessary versus those who use a fing microwave.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 6, 2021

Nosfereefer

Bright Bart posted:

Close. They are Vietnamese restaurants that offer a few Vietnamese dishes but mostly just like chicken balls with rice and coleslaw.

okay, in that case go for the place w/ the good rice (unless the salad @ the other place seriously rock balls)

Nosfereefer

Bright Bart posted:

Now that you mentioned kebab I am nostalgic for how they were in the parts of Europe I stayed in about ten years ago. Even German street vendors would have good stuff. And Poland, where I guess Turkish migration was new, it was a whole other level: You'd get lamb, first of all. It would be served in a fresh delicious bun. And the sauces were housemade runny garlic based on yogurt. The last I had frequented that did anything close to the sort is closed down I think. It's all chicken or beef in a pita that comes from a bag and topped with a presumably mayonnaise-based sauce. The only real difference between the mediocre and outright bad are those that by heat some meat up on a skillet if necessary versus those who use a fing microwave.

i think the european kebab in pita is a combination of the turkish ability to make any meat tasty, and the german endless appetite for cheap afterbeer junkfood

even tho mcdonalds might have cheaper burgers, a kebab in pita is always the superior choice when your european and drunk

Heather Papps

hello friend

pineapple or mango mexican soda

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Finger Prince

Nosfereefer posted:

i think the european kebab in pita is a combination of the turkish ability to make any meat tasty, and the german endless appetite for cheap afterbeer junkfood

even tho mcdonalds might have cheaper burgers, a kebab in pita is always the superior choice when your european and drunk

It's kinda the superior choice when you're anything and drunk, tbh.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I had a bunch of jelly bellies in a pile today and knew that some flavors are good and some flavors are bad. But the little key that says which color is which flavor was across the room. To roll the dice with god....??

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaddak

Heather Papps posted:

pineapple or mango mexican soda

Woops. I thought that said salsa, at first, and I was about to go on a rant about different kinds of peppers. No opinion on the soda.